squirrel80 VS RBS

squirrel80

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am seething as I write this. I closed my RBS student account 3 or 4 years ago after they repeatedly charged me for having 20pence in my account. As I was no longer using the account at the time and had moved I only discovered it after about £200 or more worth of default charges. I paid everything and closed the account. Since the increased publicity of reclaiming charges I decided to take them on. After my 1st letter of SAR requesting fully comprehensive data to my former branch I got a reply saying I needed to give them more info regarding when the account was opened and closed. I wrote back saying I was not sure but estimate between 2001 and 2003 also included a copy of my old statement. Today I received a whole bunch of statements EXCEPT for those towards the closure of my account which of course have all the default charges! There is no accompanying letter just a bunch of statements I don't really need. They're getting a letter from me, my God how many one pounds do I have to spend before I get relevant statements. :-x Can I just start claiming on estimation grounds?

To add to Advoc8's response, I don't think it's advisable to estimate either. Firstly you would have to provide good proof as to how you came to your estimation and secondly, you would have to convince everyone you weren't making it up as you would have no proof. Imagine if your claim got to court - you would have to convince a judge, who doesn't know you that you are being genuine and not trying to pull a fast one. How would you do that? It would be very difficult and more advisable to concentrate on obtaining your statements.

I didn't get all my statements back from RBS straight away. I just sent them a letter saying you haven't given me the full amount, I require statements for these dates which you haven't sent. Please comply within 7 days or I will make an official complaint to the ICO and file a claim for non-disclosure.

Worked for me!

Link to the letter I sent

It's all delaying tactics - just be firm with them and show them you mean business and they will give you what you want.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Thanks T4FF, I have sent them another letter asking for a complete SAR. Testing my patience, I guess I just have to breathe in breathe out. It's comforting though to know I'm not the only one they're trying to put off in this way. I'll hang in there.