Baby Boy Jasper v HSBC

Baby boy Jasper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've sent off today my L.B.A. to the HSBC as i have had no response from them after sending the prelim letter.

14 days was up today & I am sticking to the timescale.

Is there anybody else out their on the same sort of timescale as me?

Thanks

Halifax prelim letter sent - 20 January '07

No response :evil:

Halifax L.B.A. sent - 13 February '07 (Recorded delivery)

Halifax Partial offer received - 24 February '07 :confused:

Contacted Customer Relations to reject offer - 27 February '07

Full Offer agreed & accepted (over phone) - 27 February '07 :smile:

Send acceptance letter off & wait to see the money!!

HSBC prelim letter sent - 13 February '07

No Response :evil:

HSBC L.B.A. sent recorded delivery - 27 February '07

there are loads, jasp - maybe just not writing right now - stick to your schedule and take the next 14 to have a look at the mcol website - log in and work you way up to the particulars - get them into shape and by the end of the 14 days you'll be ready to pay and submit. you'll make lots of buddies when you file - you'll all be waiting together. good luck.

Update!

HSBC received my L.B.A. on 28 February (checked on Royal Mail website).

Yesterday, I received an offer without prejudice letter from them dated 16 February.

Strange that, wonder why it took 15 days for me to receive it or was it backdated ??

It was franked 1st Class & looked as though it had only been printed the day before!!

Was it the LBA threat that pushed them along??

Anyway,

They have made an offer £530.00 short of the actual charges i'm claiming.

The list of charges go back to January 2000 & they say that they cannot refund back this far & the offer is only in respect to charges applied upto & including 30 November 2006.

Now could anyone please offer some advice regarding:

• The timescale of the charges, i.e. can i claim back to Jan' 00.
  • The charges go past November '06
  • The letter states that if i reply back within 10 working days they willl refund the account, only with the letter arriving late can i lose out?

HSBC prelim letter sent - 13 February '07

No Response :evil:

HSBC L.B.A. sent recorded delivery - 27 February '07

Checked Royal Mail.com & HSBC signed for L.B.A. 28 February '07

If you stick it out, you will get the lot.

I know technically the 6 years starts backwards from when you go to the courts, but if you stick it out the money will come your way, they will not go to court over it.

In any case, I am sure your offer is an "ex gratia" or "goodwill gesture" in which case the 6+ doesnt apply anyway.... ;-)

and as for charges after nov 06 - you can put charges on right up until you file the claim in court - that is the cut off date - don't add any charges after that. so, nov 06 - mar 07 - put them on!

here's some letter templates - pick one that applies and tweak it to your circumstances.

as for late offers - there is no rhyme or reason - just carry on with your timetable.

14 days after the lba - file your claim.

and as for charges after nov 06 - you can put charges on right up until you file the claim in court - that is the cut off date - don't add any charges after that. so, nov 06 - mar 07 - put them on!

here's some letter templates - pick one that applies and tweak it to your circumstances.

as for late offers - there is no rhyme or reason - just carry on with your timetable.

14 days after the lba - file your claim.

Sorry lateralus,

The letter templates you suggested are not attached.

Thanks

Jasp.

Jasper, filed my MCOL on Friday...it's REALLY satisfying ;)

Hold out for your full amount, I trust these guys and ladies on here, and drinks are on me when I get mine ;)

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

As you know, I sent off my L.B.A. on 27 Feb' 07 so the 14 days is due to expire Tomorrow?

Plus they sent me an offer which was below what I'm claiming for.

Now do I send in a 'Rejection letter' ?:confused:

or

Do I proceed to the next stage? :idea:

• 1 month later...

I've received a letter today from HSBC saying that they have not had a response to their offer and that if I do not respond by the end of the week the case / offer of refunds will be closed.

Can they do this?

Will it affect me claiming?

I'm a bit behind at the moment due to problems with my email at home.

well,if you've filed your claim - just write back saying sorry, too little, too late, i've filed my claim and if you haven't filed your claim - i'd do in now and then write back as above. or if you want to, say sorry too little, too late, i'm filing my claim at the end of next week if you'd like to offer more - otherwise i'm filing in 7 days. do something - just don't do nothing - any of those is ok.