Help and advice needed re: shabbey pls.

mercedesactros
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I'm now at the stage with abbey where I've registered my claim with the county court and Abbey have till 10th March to file defence.

Abbey have all of a sudden taken notice and responded to me by saying that I've not supplied details of how the sum of £2166 has been calculated nor have I provided my account number, incidentally I have followed the exact order of templates on the 'moneysavingexpert' site and have now twice provided Abbey with full details and printouts using the interest calculator on that site.

In their recent letter Abbey go on to say that I need to produce this evidence to the court and the full breakdown should have been supplied to the court when I filed the claim. They further request that I should forward the information (calculation of charges and account number) to themselves(abbey) and also a phone number.

I obviously don't want the case to collapse due to an admin error on my part. Has anyone experienced this?, is it just scare tactics?, should I refrain from correspondance direct with Abbey because of the court case? and should I supply the court with a full breakdown of how the figure of £2166 was reached.

Please help I know there's lots of questions there but I'm sure someone must have had the same nonsense from Abbey.

I'll be obliged if anyone can help me

K

From what ive read on here.....you are supposed to provide both abbey and the courts with full schedule of charges when court give you a case no

Dont forget to give the phone no so they can contact you with an offer at 11th hour

Yes, you should provide the court and abbey with yet another copy after filing your claim. As for the phone number I think it's not unreasonable to say you'd rather all communications are in writing and give them an email address (if you don't want to communicate by phone).

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

hi merc... been reading this bout abbey saying that u have not supplied details of charges... did u send recorded.. if so did u keep reciept.... if so then u can use that. or for £2.20 u can get a certificate and a copy of who signed for it from royal mail... i have done this so i have something to back me up... good luck