MBNA charges **WON**

lickthewallfatboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DPA sent off for myself and my wife's credit card charges dating back 6 years,on 27 April,and lo and behold the list of charges arrived today,along with a waiver of my enclosed £10 fee!!Ok....

Totted up the totals,and it comes to £1705.My card was cancelled a couple of years back,but my wife's card has a balance outstanding of around £1500 .....I think you can see where this is going.....

Phoned Gareth Tunnicliffe this morning,told him the situation and requested my wife's balance be cleared today.BLAH BLAH,charges are fair under t&c's,but he would look at the fees and my wife's account and get back to us today around 4PM.

I reminded him that it would save a lot of grief on both our parts if they settled today,and that if they didn't it would have to go further with the inevitable result.

I am not expecting them to settle,but I can tell you that the guys in MBNA customer advocate office are starting to sound VERY tired and weary!!!;):D

They may offer you a smaller settlement, I think you'll still have to take it all the way, though you never know!

Interesting you say they sounded tired and weary, I had a young lad phone me from Yorkshire bank the other day, I reckon they had given him the job of ringing everyone as the poor guy sounded like he had been on the receiving end of one too many ear bashings from BAG'ers, hehe!

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

They may offer you a smaller settlement, I think you'll still have to take it all the way, though you never know!

Interesting you say they sounded tired and weary, I had a young lad phone me from Yorkshire bank the other day, I reckon they had given him the job of ringing everyone as the poor guy sounded like he had been on the receiving end of one too many ear bashings from BAG'ers, hehe!

to be quite honest,I'll be flabbergasted if they do settle,but if my wife gets her card cleared,I'm grabbing it with both hands!!

quick update!!

Just had Gareth Tunnicliffe on the phone-offered £700 off the account straight away-accepted it gratefully and told him that I was only accepting it as part payment and was going to pursue the remainder...

Conversation roughly as follows-

GT-this would constitute a full and final settlement...etc etc

LTWF-I will accept the £700 credit as a part settlement and will be pursuing the remainder.Why not just settle in full today,save us both the trouble?.Why put the inevitable off for a few weeks when you know I will get it all back?

GT-Obviously I can't comment on that....

LTWF- but you know I will get it all back eventually-settle in full now and you will never hear from us again....

GT- let me consult a general manager and I will try to get back to you this afternoon,or failing that, tomorrow

END

If you are in a position to talk to Gareth Tunnicliffe,please do not give the guy a hard time.He is just another 5/8 who is just doing a job for a banking monolith.He comes over as actually quite a nice guy who is trying to help the best he can.

FURTHER TO YESTERDAY-

Just had Gareth Tunnicliffe on the phone-MBNA have paid up and cleared my wife's account to the tune of £1540!!!Any further interest which shows up on the nexT(and final) statement will also be cleared!ACCOUNT CLOSED AND MAIL CONFIRMING EVERYTHING ON THE WAY

Account is now closed=stage 1 is complete.

MBNA-ALL IT TOOK WAS 2 PHONE CALLS AND THEY ROLLED OVER!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought this deserved a new thead

MBNA have settled in full for £1540 following receipt of list of charges and 2 phone calls to them.They have cleared my wife's credit card account and closed it as we requested.We had thought the charges totalled over £1700,but they had refunded some charges on OCT 2004,so we got the lot!!!

TOTAL VICTORY-GO FOR IT GUYS,IT'S WITHIN REACH!!!

got a letter in yesterday from MBNA(after the charges had been refunded) to say that the £1540 was a "goodwill payment" and not an admission of liability etc etc,and that they were now closing the account as we were not willing to stick to their terms and conditions!!

After us asking to them to basically clear off after they refunded us-and,oh yeah MBNA-you were sticking to OUR terms and conditions for a change.How did it feel?Because as far as we are concerned,it feels great!!!:D:D:D

Would you fill in the survey?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

What a result.!! Great stuff

:cool:

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Get in my son !

Well bloody done !

I said, well bloody done !

You're not really Surreyscouse:rolleyes: You're Fred Elliot off Corrie! :)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I thought this deserved a new thead

MBNA have settled in full for £1540 following receipt of list of charges and 2 phone calls to them.They have cleared my wife's credit card account and closed it as we requested.We had thought the charges totalled over £1700,but they had refunded some charges on OCT 2004,so we got the lot!!!

TOTAL VICTORY-GO FOR IT GUYS,IT'S WITHIN REACH!!!

Congrats! Well done!! Currently dealing with MBNA, gives me hope!! Thanks!!! :)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

RESULT!! Well done. Just goes to show if you don't ask you don't get. Gives hope to us all.:-D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

We settlesd up all our charges on May 17 and the account was cleared as a result:D

We then got a letter dated May 20 to say that the account was being closed-no tears from us there!!

You'll never believe this-today the better half got a statement in with a balance(very small) and a late payment charge of £12!!

just composed this short and to the point letter-

10 JULY 2006

Dear Sir/Madam

RE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am frankly astonished that today I received a credit card statement for an account which is closed.I received a letter from MBNA, dated May 20 2006,to say that following my successful recovery of all unlawful charges levied against the account,the account was now closed,and that the balance was zero.

I sincerely hope you can explain this attempt to acquire money under false pretences and by fraudulent means.I look forward to your full explanation in writing,otherwise legal advice will be sought

Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

today I got a letter from a Rachel Claridge,the customer advocate office manager.Basically they have told me I will get a full written response within 28 days(!).I am a bit miffed,and think that it's time I rattled a few cages at MBNA...

response sent today-

Thank you for your letter.

As I pointed out in my previous letter,I have had it confirmed in writing that the account has been closed.I fail to see the necessity for a 28 day investigation procedure in this case.

I would have expected a financial institution such as MBNA would have been in a position to have an account closure on record,and to a confirm to a customer that this is the case,virtually straightaway.

In my dealings with banks and credit card companies of late,I have been receiving an education in incompetence, and am of the opinion that in many cases,left hand

is blissfully unaware of what right hand is doing,or in indeed in some instances,that right hand is even attached to the same body!!

I intend to raise this issue with the Financial Services Authority,and while I appreciate that the sum involved may be relatively inconsequential,the principle is the same-I have been presented with a bill from a Bank following the closure of the account(as a direct consequence of my exercising my legal rights to recover unlawful penalties,I should point out-something which is now under investigation by the OFT,I should also point out)for a sum of money which I do not owe.

This is unacceptable,and to top it all,not even a word of apology!!

Yours faithfully

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

• dx100uk changed the title to MBNA charges **WON**
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks