final letter sent to ABBEY

julesvern
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all first, thank you livelylad i will do as you say, but, mum has today received a letter from abbey with details of there defence, not from the court,basicly says mum should not have gone overdrawn on her overdraft naughty, that they explained this in a leaflet,they dont owe her any money,that she has gone over her limit on a number of occasions, naughty, is this what everybody gets, I beleive now we wait for the AQ?

Thanks kate, I have received defence from abbey from them someone called Vivian Roux paralegal, dont no wheather to wait for AQ or post my court bundle on tuesday, its almost ready, what does without prejudice imply, thanks for your help.:confused:

dont do court bundle until court request it.

when you receive AQ, (if you do) read this to prepare

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Hi, received from abbey copy of defence they have sent to court with ''WITHOUT PREJUDICE'' across the top of covering letter, that was posted on 1 may. still havent heard anything from court, is this the usual procedure of should i ring court on monday to find out whats happening:confused:

Can Anyone Answer The Above Post, If I Dont Here Something Soon From The Court About Aq, Think I Will Have To Ring Them, Its Been Almost 2 Weeks Since They Sent There Copy Of Defence, They Have Filed.

• 2 weeks later...

thats correct although it is what they have sent to the court so...

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

• 1 month later...

hi Jules Vern, could you help me with some info?

Abbey lodged a defence from Vivian Roux, paralegal to my case, the same as yours, but I've received nothing from Abbey national at all, I got a copy of the defence from asking the court. I have my course date soon (8 Aug) so ned to get my bundle off to them

Have you got the contact address/department etc that Vivian Rouz is in so that I can reply to her? thank you every much.

all the best with your case.

Apple x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi applecrumble, been abit busy of late, but thought you people would like to know, my court date for mums bank charges was on the 4 sept but have had letter from abbey, settled in full so WE WON:-D only thing is they are asking for settlement letter, any ideas? if applecrumble still needs info, please post.

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX.

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge) However I will only accept an unconditional offer and will therefore not be signing your acceptance agreement

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim and will send a Notice of Discontinuance to the Court upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentiality clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

and then when you have received cleared funds send this to the court:

Notice of Discontinuance

Directions non-compliance letters