Sheps75 V Natwest

Sheps75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I about half way through my 40 days waiting for my statements. Is there any point in phoning them to check there on the case or do I wait until after the 40 days?:confused:

If I do call does anybody have the number to call.

Many Thanks:)

Guest NATTIE

Not at all some providing you sent it to the right address then it should be fine, i would say that if it hits the final week to give them a buzz and ask how much more it will take to receive your info

I sent mine off on the 22nd Jan but didn't get statements until 14th March after a number of phone calls to move things on.

I first called after 39 days had past....

Hopefully you will get yours quicker than me...

Shadrach

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22nd Jan 2007

Prilim letter sent asking for £683 + £93.67 interest Total =£776.67

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Claim settled in FULL £969.93 30th May 2007

• 2 weeks later...

Well without to much trouble my statements for the last six years have turned up - albeit in a split open scabby brown envelope!

Unfortunately I am using my works computers and I can not seem to open any of the spread sheets and if I try to download them I am firewalled :mad: . Can I just type out a list of the charges and if so is there anything specific I need to put on each charge?

Sheps

I too received statements in a shabby brown enevelope despite sending them the requested £10.

Maybe we should ask them to giver a breakdown of what thsi £10 actually covers!

Now that you have them yiu will need to give NWB a full list of all of the charges that have been levied against your account-I amnot aware that this needs to be in any specfic format so what I did was produce a list in date order of all the charges and sent this with a covering letter back to the bank-I would also suggest that you highlight the charges on the statements for your own future ref.

I my case I sent full details to the charges to them on 1st March as I had not heard from them I issued a claim via MCOL last week.

So what I am basically saying is that you will probabaly experience some delaying tactics from NWB but what ever you do-dont give up.

Good luck

• Haha 1

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Thanks PPman.... don't worry I wont give up.:D

Another thing that I am slightly confused about is this section of the the next letter I need to send out

"What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter"

The amount of money that has been charged in overdraft interest? All my statement just seem to say "Charges" it does'nt state if they are overdraft interest........... Am I just being really thick? and honestly I have read FAQ's :confused:

(I have a AD Gold account)

The interest this is talking about is the interest changed by the bank on the charges.. You have a choice really some people just go for claiming back the charges and some people claim interest. be aware that this is not the 8% interest you may have read about as this came only be claimed when you submit to court.. If you are an advantage gold customer then you need to deduct the service part of the charge i.e. the charge at the moment would be £40 which is made up £28 unarranged borrowing and £12 service charge.. You can only claim the £28 unarranged borrowing.... if you have a referral fee this is £30 which can be claimed.

Hope that helps

Shadrach

• Haha 1

Shadrach

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22nd Jan 2007

Prilim letter sent asking for £683 + £93.67 interest Total =£776.67

LBA 2nd April

N1 filed 23rd April 8%

Claim settled in FULL £969.93 30th May 2007

Guest NATTIE

Ok, Under the Data Protection Act the £10 should cover all your information that an institution holds about you the Data Subject. Want to know what £10 costs? Read the Data Protection Act relating to Subject Access Requests and you will find that any institution can charge a maximum of £10.