how do i get started? please HELP

louise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I like many other that i have read about tonight have struggled with my finances!!

Not helped by HSBC who infact have let me in the past run up huge amounts of debt, then charged me for it, then helped me (?) by adding and adding again to my huge bank loan. over the last two months i have been trying hard to get out of my over draft, but every time i come close they charge me with no warning of sums up £125, which in inevitably put me back to where i started?

WHAT should i do first?

Looking at my statements i have been charged on a regular basis over the last 12 months, for being over my over draft limit, and also for transactions on my account. can i claim any of this money back?

I asked them for my statements for the last six years and they said it would cost me a pound per statement!

Is it worth me perusing???

i would really appreciate some true help!!!

Thank

Louise x :Cry:

loops x

Guest stephen

please read the FAQ section, most of your question are answered there.

Once you read this if you still need advice please ask

Guest stephen

Anyway, to the point; A step-by-step indication of how to reclaim punitive charges from your bank:

1. Send the prelimanry approach letter in the http://www.BankActionGroup.com forum (library section - you have to register - free, of course - to read this part of the forum - this is soley so we know how many people have used it). Edit it for your needs.

1.a) If you do not know the amount the bank has taken from you over the past 6 years (under the Limitation Act 1980, you can only claim for the last 6 years), then send the Data Protection Act request letter in the library.

i got this charge by being over my over draft limit, then transactions were taken out of my account. HSBC said they charged me 25 pounds each time a transaction was made, although when i asked which transactions incurred charges they didn't tell me.

loops x

If you know what you are claiming then no. If no then yes.

Have you read the forum material? :x

what the which performer claim form? can i use that when it comes out in march?

This means nothng to me.

they did not tell you, for a start thats a complaint.

make sure you keep all your complaints seperate from any challenge of thier charges, they will use complaints to delay responces.

if its a small amount or recently, challenge them at the branch.

Do this before metioning and law etc etc

They can return charges at branch level, if not you can go for the closing of all your accounts on that day route(can instigate repayment)

If its a large amount they will say no. Then follow standard procedure

hi,

i have posted my first letter today!!!!!!!!

lookforward to a reply

here' a copy!!!!

1st March 2006

HSBC

REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT OF CHARGES

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxx

SORT NUMBER: xxxxx

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account over the last 6 years

I now understand that the regime of “fees” which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

Your responsibilities

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £2831.25 plus £280.41 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £3111.66

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting unconditionally my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond or you do not respond positively within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

loops x

i have only posted this letter today!!! as sujested in the new topic area (first Letter) i'm sorry for any confusion but this is the first time i have displayed this letter on this site x

thanks for all them help though and support i have recievied!!

just one more question, should i send a copy of this to HSBC head office or just to my local branch? or both?

thanks again your web site has given me the courage to do this in the first place!!!!

loops x

Have a read through my thread, I think it'll help you a great amount.

http://idigital.vm.bytemark.co.uk/bag/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247&

It can't be emphasised enough how reading through other people's threads, the FAQ section and the library section will answer virtually ALL your questions,

The process is virtually identical for everyone so pretty much everything has been covered. If you don't want to trawl through people's threads to find your answers, use the "search" function at the top of the page :D

Good luck!

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

loops x

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks