• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Lovely Lloyds TSB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hughesy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Congratulations hughesy, well done!!:)

as pondy and guido say, accept the offer and reject the conditions, they will still pay up!!! and you can still pusruse future claims shoul dthe need arise

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx everyone. Just done a letter telling them that my friend will accept their settlement but not their conditions.

Hopefully, they won't have a choice in the matter and will pay him!

I find it amusing that although, as they claim, we have no legal foundation in our claim, they are willing to pay us back if we keep quiet. An admission of guilt if ever I saw one. If we're wrong, why pay us!

Anyway, my claim is coming along too. They have until 10th June to either pay or defend. Hopefully, they'll settle out of court with me too cos my claim is only £1K more than my friends! Am looking forward to a nice weekend away with my husband courtesy of Lloyds (although it was originally our money anyway!). Thinking of it as Lloyds paying for it makes me smile more than calling it my own money!!!!!!!!!! :D

Am trying to sort out my court bundle as I've found out today that Lloyds have entered a defence!

When I tried to open the Early Day Motion from the House of Parliament and the OFT Statement Summary I was unable to. Can anyone provide me these links as I'd like to get sorted asap just in case they plan to take it all the way!

Thanx muchly x

Sorry, that's even confusing to me. The out-of-court settlement is on my friends claim that I have been doing for him.

The entered defence is on my claim!

Thanx Barty x

Do you think I should put something in the court bundle about how these charges have affected my family financially? Should I include it in the witness statement or just do a separate statement? I think it's important that the judge sees how these charges have severely affected our financial situation as we are only a one-income family anyway. Will the judge think it's a bit too much?

Unless you have quantified the loss arising in your POC, I would keep matters such as this out of it. Judges should decide each claim on its own merits. As insensitive as it is, whether you are a one parent family or not is irrelevant to the matter of bank charges.

As an aside this may help you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionnaires-51.html#post906900

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

My friend signed and sent off his letter of acceptance last week. I rang Foot Anstey on Friday asking when the refund would be coming through.

She told me that because he was not agreeing to the confidentiality clause, the bank were "still deciding" whether to actually pay out or not. She said that as soon as she knew she would ring me. Should I ring her first? What I mean is, do I keep the pressure on? My friend has a court date set for September and the whole idea of the settlement was because they didn't want to go to court.

Am a bit worried now that they are going to retract their offer and make us take it all the way to court!

Any advice?

I was just wondering about this and saw the thread - I too acepted a Foot Anstey offer from Lloyds and rejected the confidentiality condition, and have since heard nothing. I rang on Friday, but everyone was busy, so I emailed with a copy of my acceptance letter...

Its now 10 days since I accepted their offer - any thoughts on this?

Hi There

I have today got to the point of no return with Lloyds. Ive realid ive been chrged 70 quid this month by lloyds for charges and a potential (without looking at my statements) £3000 for the past three years which is how long I have been with Lloyds.

I wanted to come on here to see what kind of a respomce i can get and some help because im sooo lost. What do I need to do? I have registered on line with Lloyds to get previous statements free of charge. Should i open another account else where?? What further stuff or information do i need to generate befroe i launch attack one with a letter from here???

Hope someone can help...

R.

RDAE,

Welcome to CAG! :D

You should really start your own thread in the Lloyds forum rather than using Hughesy's. Start a new thread, and people will be glad to offer you all the advice you need to start a claim of your own.

We understand your situation, most of us have similar stories of hardship caused by these charges, and we are dedicated to helping people get this money back. ;)

Good luck!

Pondy :)

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

just spoke to the courts who have now given mw a court date of august 1st and they will not be sending out a allocation questionaire to me the judge wants to see both parties at court anybody know the next move for me, cheers john

My friend received a letter today from Foot Anstey saying that Lloyds have accepted HIS letter of acceptance of settlement but rejecting the confidentiality clause. He is due to be refunded in the next 7 days! One victory!!!!

However, I have received my Notice of Transfer of Proceedings from the court today with a copy of the bank's defence and counterclaim. My friend did not receive this. He got a letter from FA stating the bank's defence. The main thread of their defence is the usual - service charges vs penalty charges etc etc and they go on about the fact the if I didn't go overdrawn or bounce DDs or SOs then I wouldn't incur charges. Basically telling the judge that I'm not entitled to this money back as it's my fault I got charged in the first place!

Any advice on what's going to happen now? I'm a bit concerned as haven't had to deal with this in my friend's claim! Do you think this means I'll have to go all the way to court?

Any help/reassurance would be greatly appreciated....

Middlewingnut,

I would guess that they are completely backlogged with all the claims they are dealing with but stay on their case. I found it quite easy to get through to people at FA and the woman I dealt with was actually very pleasant and approachable.

Give them another day or two and then try again. If they don't answer just keep ringing and leaving messages - they can't ignore you forever!

Good Luck x

Hey everyone,

Been advised to start a thread cos I'm just entering the world of bank charge reclaiming and my head is hurting...............

I estimate that Lloyds have taken between 6 and 8K from me in charges over the last 6 years and I'm determined to get it back. We are a single income family with 2 kids and simply cannot afford to lose that much money!

Has anyone got any general gems of wisdom for me? I'd appreciate any input really. I've read through the site but am feeling a bit overwhelmed I have to admit. I'm prepared to take it to court but feel quite queasy at the same time!!!!!!!!!!

Had some great help from the chatroom but all are welcome to advise me on anything they think might be relevant..................

hi Hughsey,

dont worry i have not completed an allocation questionaire, i spoke to the court clerk and was told the judge has made a date for august the first, i said but i havent received a AQ, the judge has desided that he wants both parties in court, ok if they dont show, but worried if they do...but good news rbs owed me £786.00 and sent two letters and they paid up no problem, but they cancelled my credit card, only owed £226.00 so im in pocket, good luck, cheers john

Thanks Hughesy.

I can happily confirm that I rejected the confidentiality clause, heard nothing, panicked, and have just received a letter saying that I will have the money in a week or so.

Cool.

I was starting to sweat as I just got a court date for November 1st and was not looking forward to a 3 month wait stressing over it all!

My claim began in November last year, so that would have been a full year to complete, now it looks like being just 8 months!

• 2 weeks later...

My friend received his money from Lloyds on Tuesday - yeah!!!!!!!

I've looked through the A-Z but I can't find any advice on how to contact the courts to inform them of the out-of-court settlement, assuming there is a procedure for such?

I've emailed MCOL and Croydon Court telling them and asking them to cancel the court date - is that enough or do I need to send it in paper form too?

Any help would be great, thanx in advance xx

Right guys, I need help!

Had my Notice of Allocation to the Fast Track through today.

The judge has ordered that both "...parties should give standard disclosure of documents by serving copies together with a disclosure statement by 4pm on Monday 9th July 2007".

What documents do they mean? I have already sent a copy of the schedule of charges to the bank, their solicitors and the court.

I'm flying to Dublin for the weekend on Friday so I need to get it sorted out tomorrow so that I can post it off recorded delivery.

Any help would be great!

Right guys, I need help!

The judge has ordered that both "...parties should give standard disclosure of documents by serving copies together with a disclosure statement by 4pm on Monday 9th July 2007".

What documents do they mean? I have already sent a copy of the schedule of charges to the bank, their solicitors and the court.

I'm flying to Dublin for the weekend on Friday so I need to get it sorted out tomorrow so that I can post it off recorded delivery.

Any help would be great!

Hi Hughesy,

this will be referring to the court bundle and statement of eveidence these are in the library

Just received a letter from lloyds tsb solicitors stating lloyds have agreed to pay me the full amount of bank charges, sent off yesterday accepting and my court date was 1st august, wasnt looking forward to a court case.

Lloyds TSB £1688.20 plus court costs £120.00

Royal bank of scotland £784.00

Brilliant, unfortunately dont have any more banks

Right guys, I need help!

Any help would be great!

here you go

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html