The Lovely Lloyds TSB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hughesy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Been advised to start a thread cos I'm just entering the world of bank charge reclaiming and my head is hurting...............

I estimate that Lloyds have taken between 6 and 8K from me in charges over the last 6 years and I'm determined to get it back. We are a single income family with 2 kids and simply cannot afford to lose that much money!

Has anyone got any general gems of wisdom for me? I'd appreciate any input really. I've read through the site but am feeling a bit overwhelmed I have to admit. I'm prepared to take it to court but feel quite queasy at the same time!!!!!!!!!!

Had some great help from the chatroom but all are welcome to advise me on anything they think might be relevant..................

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome hughesy,

have you got all your statments for the last 6 years?????

i know you can get from july 02 till now from the online banking system.

i have just started with the tsb and dreading it, as we have a decent od due to charges being reduced by £100 per month. so i dont want them to withdraw it.

you will find loads of help, good luck.

Hey mistie,

I've just sent the letter off today asking for the statements so really am at the beginning.

Fortunately, I don't have an od anymore - managed to pay it off doing the same as you! I do have a loan though so they could demand that I repay it with the settlement!!

I might move my account with the settlement money and then offer to keep paying it back monthly. That way I'm not defaulting on the payments. Bit worried that they have the power to close my account though cos we use it for all the household stuff!!!!!

I've already had loads of help which has been fantastic cos I was seriously overwhelmed..................

The good news with Lloyds is that they do not generally tend to close accounts. The bad news is that they will drag everything out right to the very last minute.

Good news part 2 is that you follow all the guidance on here you will (eventually in the case of Lloyds) get all your money back.

Good luck

I'm prepared to take it to the end if I have to - I've been stewing on it over night and I'm so angry that they have got away with it for so long. I then realised that they'd talked me into taking out a loan to cover the charges - which had reached nearly £300 a month by this point. So I've now got a loan because they were charging me unnecessary fees!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so duped now cos at the time I just accepted what they were saying. They're a massive institution right? They know everything about money etc whereas I'm just a housewife!

If they want to drag it out that's fine but what happens to all the charges levied in the meantime? If I'm reclaiming for the last 6 years, what about any charges that happen in between summons and court dates! They won't be included in the claim! And what about in the future? Are they going to stop these charges or will be all be doing this again in another years time?

I've been a customer at Lloyds since I was 18 (11 years) and I dread to think how much of my money they've been able to take from me because I was none the wiser. If I have to go as far as court then so be it!

Hi ya Hughesy and Welcome to the show!

• Haha 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

I'm sure lots of us have pondered the dilemma of 'taking on the banks' and there is no denying it 's a daunting thing to take on.

This site is great, so much information and you get loads of advice, stick to your guns and remember they have just added to our financial problems by being greedy.

Good luck with your mission!:)

I re-sent my DPA request letter on Thursday by recorded delivery with a postal order payment of £10 (as per advice from this site). Should I ring the bank to check they've received it? Will they send me confirmation of receipt or ring to arrange delivery of the statements? Is that wishful thinking on my part? Will it just turn up out of the blue?

As well as my own claim, I am also sorting out a friends business account at the moment. Is the principle the same with business accounts? I realise that he has agreed some charges with the bank and have therefore not included these in the claim. Is that right?

He now also wants me to look into his personal account. Can he file both claims at the same time?

Anyway, it's a waiting game for my claim now which is by far the more difficult part of the process. I'm definately a do-er and not a wait-er!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone else is getting there x

Well done Hughsey!

Now youve sent the request by recorded, click here and use track and trace to see when it is received. Just type in your 13 digit recorded delivery number and it will show you when it is received. Then start counting the days!!

Smoothy

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

Thanx Smoothy! Just checked and they received it yesterday! Are the 40 days working days or normal calendar days? If I haven't received the statements by whichever date what is my next step? Do I issue a second letter threatening court action to gain access or do I give them more time?Any ideas on the questions about business account etc in my last posting?

They have 40 days from receipt of your request. So if they received it yesterday, they have until Wednesday 11th April to comply. To familiarise yourself with the process start here then move on to here.

That should give you some idea of procedure and timescale involved.

Happy reading!

Smoothy

Read throught the

Is the principle the same with business accounts? I realise that he has agreed some charges with the bank and have therefore not included these in the claim. Is that right?

Business Claim - FAQ's

Business Claims - basic guide

He now also wants me to look into his personal account. Can he file both claims at the same time?

Yes, but not as a combined claim, keep business and personal claims separate

Right, the Business FAQs have proved very helpful thankyou. Have taken notes and will investigate when I next see him.

11th April 2007 is D-day for them to produce my statements by - should I hold my breath? Watch this space????

I know that the bank received my request letter and postal order on Friday 2nd. Is it too soon to expect some sort of response? Should I ring them and ask them if the requesting is being sorted out? Should I leave it for another few days?

Sent off my friends reclaim letter and schedule of charges recorded delivery on Friday 9th so will wait and see what happens. He's owed over 3K and if it goes as far as court, he'll end up with nearly 5K! Makes you wonder why they're being difficult really. If they just paid it back on the first request, they'd save themselves thousands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mistie,

I've just sent the letter off today asking for the statements so really am at the beginning.

Fortunately, I don't have an od anymore - managed to pay it off doing the same as you! I do have a loan though so they could demand that I repay it with the settlement!!

I might move my account with the settlement money and then offer to keep paying it back monthly. That way I'm not defaulting on the payments. Bit worried that they have the power to close my account though cos we use it for all the household stuff!!!!!

I've already had loads of help which has been fantastic cos I was seriously overwhelmed..................

Hi Hughsey,

This concerns me too - the possibility that LloydsTSB can request early settlement of a loan. Has anyone any info on this - have banks been making this outrageous request of their customers?

Bootsie x

Hi Hughsey,

This concerns me too - the possibility that LloydsTSB can request early settlement of a loan. Has anyone any info on this - have banks been making this outrageous request of their customers?

Bootsie x

Hi

I think they would only do this if the loan was way behind in arrears, I don't think I can recall any claim on here where this happened.

Barty:)

• Haha 1

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Welcome Hughesy,

Looks like you are up for this, and are going about it in the correct manner.

Don't worry, however daunting it seems, there is all the support you need here, and you will get your money back!

Pondfish :)

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

Hi Hughsey,

Bootsie x

Although I'm only staring out with all this, I do think that it is very unlikely to happen unless, as Barty says, you have continually defaulted on loan payments in which case they could state that you are a high non-payment risk and demand full settlement. If, like me, you haven't missed any loan payments I think you'll be fine.

People have advised me to ask for the settlement in the form of a cheque so that it is up to me where I pay it in. If you do the same, then they would not have access to the money with regards to your loan. Maybe open another account somewhere else, if you don't already have one, and pay the cheque in there just to be doubly sure that it's "safe" from their clutches. If you contine to pay the loan installments as normal, I don't see that they can have an issue with it!

Has anyone else had problems getting through to the Birmingham Lloyds office. I'm trying to chase my statements on 0117 943 3133 and it's continually engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will put it on permanent ringback if I have to - just wondered if anyone else had the same problem?

Just got through to be told that I will have to wait til the 40th day to receive my statements as they are inundated with requests. If I haven't received them by then I have to ring back to find out if I'm on the "list"!!!!!!!!!

Exactly how long does it take to pull up a persons account, clink on statements and press print?????????

I can see I'm going to have a fun little game of cat-and-mouse with lovely Lloyds! Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, i don't know of any other number - Maybe Barty has another number up his sleeve?

Looks like you may have to join the queue og CAG'ers! :(

If you are frustrated, think what it must be like dealing with the non-stop tide of calls! ;)

Hope that phone is answered soon! Don't give up.

Pondy :)

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)