• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG Im in shock again. Ive just finished totalling up the Abbey statements I found (the old ones in my filing cabinet and from Feb 98 to May 99, the total charges come to £1795, but with contractual interest at 29.5%, it comes to a grand total of £6256.36. OMG. With 8% basic stat its total £3005.02. Which would you go for if you were me. Ive currently got the abbey claim number 1 ongoing, but thats for stuff up to 6 years old, no older, Im just gonna wait till first claim is settled, then do this new one for Shabby, but going back 9 years, i.e. from 98 to 2001. Heck, so far, this is

16.1K for Natwest (that only included stat 8%) I wasnt confident enough then to go for contractual

5.9K for Abbey Claim 1 (only including 8% stat)

2.1 Incl. contractual for Hubbys Capital One

1.8K Incl. contractual for my capital One

and this new one Ive worked out today for

almost £6.3 including contractual. OMG, its getting scarey now.

And I havent even had my statements back yet from HSBC for old Midland Vector account, nor Yorkshire Bank one (which I know is gonna be a biggy),. I could easily be looking at 40K plus all told.

Im deffo gonna be brave enough now to go for contractual every time. I just gotta make sure I read up on it, and pick everybodys brains from hereonin, cos all these are going way back over 6 years. NVM, gotta be brave and take them on at their own game........... Im still in shock. I cant believe how much weve been charged left right and centre with different banks etc. over the years. Its just daylight robbery surely............. Fendy xxxxx

Drinks on you your majesty beerchug.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Too flippin right Parky. Im stunned................ I never ever thought it could be anywhere near as much as that in a million years. Are you sure Im allowed to put 29.5 contractual on it. Is everybody sure I can do this........... is that the right rate, honestly, cos if it is, Im gonna be minted, Lol Lol Lol Lol. Never had money in my life, well money tied up in homes, cars, etc, but never had any sort of savings in the bank. Oooooooo Im giddy. Lol xxxx

If only I had been brave enough to do contractual on my original Natwest one !!! Ahhhhh, nvm, no point crying over spilt milk now is there. Fendy xxxx whats done is done, and at least the claim is well under way now.

If only I had been brave enough to do contractual on my original NatWest one !!! Ahhhhh, nvm, no point crying over spilt milk now is there. Fendy xxxx whats done is done, and at least the claim is well under way now.

Fendy, braveness doesn't come into it. If according to your statements you have been charged this amount then I would assume it's what you charge them. It's what I have done with Cap One and you know that I won :)

Stat Interest should only be claimed as an OR at Court stage, ie, you complete your POCs include your CCI at xx% totalling £xx OR stat int at 8% totalling £xx. Ultimately, it's up to the judge to decide which you get so that if s/he were to make a ruling and decide against CCI you could be awarded stat. Does this make sense? IHS.

I know that some people just bung stat int in with their claim, but as far as I understand having read the information on this site, that's not the correct way.

HTH xx

Hi Fendy,

Ive just been given your thread as i asked about interest. I have already won cases against Barclays, Nationwide and Natwest for myself but as a result of my sucess i am now helping friends.

I only claimed the 8% at court stage and Natwest paid up before that but as you have said they is much more to be gained by claiming contractual interest. I to am very worried about doing it this way as it seems alot more compliated, it is and can you point me in the right direction as to where to find good info to learn about how to do it.

I really hope you get every penny you go for and enjoy it, also am really grateful for your time and advice.

Kind regards Mark

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S.A.R - Sent - 25/10/2006

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

Hi Mark,

Ive not done the contractual before, Ive just started to pursue contractual on a couple of Capital One credit cards,and one my second Abbey claim. So Im pretty new to the contractual thing too. I will post a couple of links below that advise a bit more about it. The hardest bit is doing your spreadsheet. There are some brilliant ones on CAG that you can use, although I have to say I found them thoroughly confusing and ended up getting a friend (whose a whizz at spreadies) to do a formulae for me that accurately calculates the contractual, depending on what rate your bank or credit card charges. If you want to send me a PM with your e mail I can send you a copy of the spreadsheet. Its so much easier to use than the ones on here, (so I think), but were all different and you might find the ones in the templates library on here easier to use. I didnt, but there you go, our brains all work in different ways. If you want a copy of mine, which is dead easy, you must put in the monthly rate of contractual interest you have been charged, and it calculates it for you from the date you were charged it, to todays date, (the date your'e compiling the spready) obviously. Links below, they deffo help.

All the best. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Fendy xxxxx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/6964-spreadsheet-interest.html?highlight=natwest+contractual

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html?highlight=contractual+interest

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html?highlight=contractual+interest

That should give you enough reading matter for now on contractual, and any unanswered questions. But go for it, the judge can always decide to award 8%, worst case scenario if he/she doesnt agree with contractual, but certainly no harm in starting it off with contractual. Nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Best of Luck. Fendy xxxx

You are now the offical interest girly of the Nasty Westy fighting force. Peeps are really struggling with it. Your enthusiasm is very inspiring and alot of pees would say exciting. So lead the way Fends. There has always been alot of interest on this thread. So it seems to come natural to you. ;)

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I still dont think that contractual is easy Parky. My spready is sooooooooo much easier to understand that the one on here in vamps chambers, etc. Its just a simple 4 columns, one for charge, one for date, one for days since charge, and one for interest (contractual), end of. I have one with the 8% still left in so you can see clearly the comparison between the two, and you only need to change the monthly interest figure and the final column works it all out for ya. Tis peasy pie now Ive got my head around it, but gawd I nearly gave up on it Monday........ Lol. An awful lot has happened since then. And you know what, Im still uber puzzled as to why so many peeps read this thread, cos its all just chit chat and nonsense really. We all kinda go on a bit, about life in general, and I really dunno why so many peepies bother to read it. If it was me, I think I would have got bored of it all by now, or died from it taking so long to read it through................... I would be 80 if I had to start reading/typing it all again................Lol ..... no accounting for taste is there. Lol xxxx

Blimey, that blo*dy contractual malarky don't half bump it up. Think I'll try that one on my next claims!!! And I'm deffo doin' it for mum and dad - but you'll have to give me the brain-dead, can't do maths numb-nuts version for idiots Fend cos I don't do numbers (haven't got enough fingers and toes!!!) ;)

Can't believe what a fab Friday this is!!! I feel like burstin' into song!!!!!!!!!!

What time do you think is reasonable for the first sip of ribena tonight - I mean, it is a Friday after all!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxx :D :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi, the bubbling fizzing Hedgey McFingers is on now, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay, the nights deffo gonna start livening up now, Lol. Hedgey my contractual sheet is the easiest thing ever. Ive not yet found one easier than this. Its peasy as pie, honest. Just PM me with your e mail whenever you want it. A 5 year old could fill it in. Lol.

Well, as for the vino, Mines decorked sat in the sill in the kitchen airing, or breathing as the restauranteurs like to say,,,,,,,,,, I darent touch it till huby gets home cos if he thinks Ive had his share as well he might sulk, Lol xxxx

So waiting, waiting, waiting, Im good at that these days thanks to Nutwest,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the fine vino is calling to me, COME DRINK ME FENDY, YOU KNOW YOU WANT ME, YOU KNOW YOU CANT WAIT FOR ME, COME ON FENDY, JUST A SIP, YOU LURRRRRRV ME SOOOO MUCH, YOU WANT TO GUZZLE ME DOWN DONTCHA, SEE, CAN YOU HEAR IT HEDGE, its calling.................. whats a gal to do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooooooooo nooooooooooo the willpowers fading, fading,, fading............... no........... im not giving in to a scrumptious bottle of fine red plonk. I am stronger than that. Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx N O T. XXXX

They might be alot of chit chat as you say, but their is so much encouragement and enthusiasm on this thread. Its our little refuge to relax and have a little fun. Then zip back to our own battles refreshed and ready. Its a sort of safety in numbers thingy when you enter this tread. The normality, humour and daftness is sort of refreshing and a great change from the constant frustrating battle with Nasty Westy.

Aaaaaaaaw Hedge, you hear what Parky says.......... Isnt he a sweetie, Well yeah, I suppose our cumulative thread, (I know its called Fendy v Natwest) but lets be honest here, its sort of become an EVERYBODY V NATWEST thread. Lol. Cos we all use this a new bear garden, or Wine Cellar as our dear ol Enaid called it. I thought that was a brill name actually. And so apt for us winos............ Lol, or Old Pec's in Parkys case, Lol xxxxx

Well dont get confused peeps if youre reading, we do have a lot of fun and sillyness on this thread, but it is a serious one actually, a lot of us on here are genuinely going through the motions of claims at the mo, but it tends to be the last thing we chat about, cos sometimes when weve finished helping on threads were sort of sick of talking about nutwest, and end up chatting about anything but. Lol. All part of the fun of the process.................. take it seriously, and do your reading up etc, YES, but dont forget to chill and have a giggle alone the way, cos it makes it so much easier to cope the the stressiness of it all sometimes. Lol ... But beaten we will never be............. NEVER I TELL YOU, LOL LOL. We will fight them on the beaches, we will fight them on the seas, lol lol lol, but mainly we will fight them in the courts and from the internet, Lol xxxxx

72,000 views cannot be wrong

:grin: Lol............. bad Fendy, naughty fendy, down girl!!!!! STOP!!!! Cos I don't need too much encouragement to get the old corkscrew out on a Friday night - and I can't get as pi*sed as I did the other night or I'll be dying tomorrow and hubby's promised to take me into Manchester for nice, long lazzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeee lunchie with a couple of glasses of fizzy stuff for bein' such a good little wifey (big pat on head for hedgey! :-D ) and sorting our finances out!!! Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But OH MY GOD HOW FAB A DAY IS IT TODAY!!!!!!!!!! And you've sorted out loads of claims already and I can't believe you've managed to get it all sorted out so fast!!!!!!!!!!!! Fendy......................... our very own star!!! Fab fab fab fab fab fab brilliant bird!!!

Bummer of it is.................. gotta' get a bit of shopping in cos forgot to order tesco for tonight :grin: COS HAD CLAIMS ON MA' MIND!! so need to get little bit of food for poor family to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FENDY.............. HOPE YOU'VE NOT POURED IT YET HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

72,000, blimey, I hadnt looked at the numbers for a week or so Parky, flips, is that what were up to. OMG...................... I hope peeps dont think were like BIG BROTHER or something, cos I hate that programme. Cant stand it.......... biggest waste of tv space ever, and as for peeps becoming celebs because of it, dont get me started on the word CELEBRITY, its the biggest waste of space word ever invented. Peeps can be celebrities these days for being celebrities. Its nuts.......... Dont agree with any of it. Potty. And as for anybody who goes into those BB programmes, dont get me started, thats when I would go into rant mode................... MIGHT AS WELL STICK A SIGN ON YOUR HEAD SAYING, LOOK AT ME , LOOK AT ME, ARENT I FAB, ARENT I BRILL, ARENT I GREAT, (for what, for being on tv and acting like a prat), no thanks. Celebrity, biggest waste of time and space ever.................

Hedge, nope Im being good girly. Not even having a sip of vino till hubby gets home, plus I dont wanna down it before the curry gets here at 7 otherwise, me now being mostly teetotal will be drunk as a very drunk thing on a very drunk day after two glasses on an empty stomach. Had a fruit smoothie for brekky, and nothing since cos Ive just been too engrossed on reading up on contractual, and working out my second abbey spready, so just not had time for much else today. Dog walked, kids picked up from school, littlest fed cos he doesnt like curry and so I make him something else on fridays, only me, hubby and daughter love curry, so littlest chap has had shepherds pie, all to himself for tea, and hes out playing on his Chopper bike now with his friends. Do you remember those choppers Hedge. Well they remade em couple of years ago, and we found him one for christmas. His little bottom hasnt barely been off the seat since we got him it............ He just loves it............ and its so retro and funky I love it too. Lol xxxxx Sort of brings back the seventies when I was a small kiddy playing on the street, lol on my chopper. Lol xxxxx

So Hedgeys off to get shopping or the family will starve, Lol xxx.. Your'e gonna be knacked tonight Hedge, all this running around..................... dunno bout fizzy, you will be all out of fizz, slow down gal.

Parky, do you drink wine ??? Red or white ???? or are you strictly an old pec man. Lol xxx?? The fine theakstons of life...........

Lol......... choppers! Can't believe you can still buy choppers! I used to nick ma' brothers and he'd come legging it after me as fast as his little legs'd carry him!! He caught me once and gave me a right wack ............. and hedgey never nicked the little sods chopper ever again! (I asked instead!!! :D ) Best bikes ever made - WHERE CAN I GET ME ONE!!!!

And big brother? Big brother? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: .............. biggest bunch of idiotic, self centred, vain, pathetic, talentless, thick, stupid muppets (I'm trying to be nice and think positive about them here!) that I've ever heard of! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: SHOOT EM' - THE LOT OF EM!!! Should do what Kenny Everett used to say - do you remember that sketch he used to do? "we're gonna round em up.......... we're gonna put em in a field............ AND WE'RE GONNA BOMB THE BAS*ARDS!!!!!!!!!!!" Brilliant sketch - let's do it to the big brother eejits!

And ooooooooooooh Fend - you've got me addicted to fruit smoothies! Fave one of the week for me............ blueberry and rasberry (touch of the old natural yoghurt with it - possibly a touch of skimmed milk so it's not too thick!!!) and zing!

Right - tesco calls! Time for hedge to get shopper rage! See ya in a bit!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Seez ya Hedge............ I will probs be on the vino when ya get back so soz if I dont make much sense after the second glass, Lol xxxx And Kenny Everett, dont get me started on that either,

IT WAS ALL DONE IN THE BEST POSSILE TASTE. HE WAS A LOVELY MAN, SUCH A SAD END FOR HIM. HE WAS BRILLIANT. SID SNOT......... Lol xxxx

And choppers, we bought ours from a shop on e bay. It was a limited edition Ben Sherman, white one with red and blue striping. Little lad loves it to bits...................

On e bay type in Raleigh Chopper, brings up quite a few............ they look so funky................. still ace. Love it, Ive been on it a few times, much to the kids embarrassment, Lol xxx

I love red wine and the old peculiar caper was a one off. Well it looks as all you girlies are warming up for some mischief on the Fendy thread tonight. :)

Ooooooooh Parkie, how could you? Fendy and me's fine upstanding pillars of the community don't ya' know!!!!!!!! Lol............. good job you can't see me blushin' though!!!!!!!!!!

And grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............. have you all seen a copy of the new highway code book? There must be one somewhere. You know - the one where it says tis okay for eejits to pull out on yer at the last minute, drive up yer backside, slam their brakes on when they've got no brakelights and run yer off the road cos yer not doing a minimum of 80mph on a 30mph road. If anyone's got a copy............ can I have one so I can clue me'self up please?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :p :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

lol it has to have been a man! they think they own the road and us women dont belong on it! even though we are the better drivers! ;)

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks