"Review" fee

keyserchris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

According to a letter i had today, chasing a refund for a charge prior to me discovering the joys of the Bank Action Group, HSBC claim that the £25 per day to a maximum of £125 is a "review" fee. i.e a fee for reviewing your account if it goes overdrawn. this is in addition to any charge levied for refusing a payment etc.

Basically, I went overdrawn from a cashpoint on a friday, and got paid on a monday, so wa charged 50 squid fro being overdrawn for 2 days. I think I shall write back asking for the name of the employee who conducted this review. I do hope they write back and say that it was an automated process that levied the charges, sorry, "fees"....

I don't for one moment suppose that they will give you the details of the employee, however yo might ask whether all acounts inthe same position are reviewed in this way and how is the process carried out.

You could also make a DPA request for the details of the review to be dislcosed to you.

Guest stephen

Lol a review fee, I wonder how many staff are employed by HSBC and how many accounts they have.

I bet your find that for them to review all the accounts that went overdrawn, or cheque bouncing, and or direct debits bouncing, that there a bit short staffed

We all know that a computer reviews the accounts, as a manger once said to me at HSBC "it is no longer in my hands the computer make the decisions, gone are the days when Bank Mangers could override the computer at there own discretion."

All I say is nice try HSBC but pull the other one.

Pre-action disclosure is not common and there are complicated rules. You need to refer to CPR 31.16 and CPR 31 generally to get a flavour. You would also need to look up decisions on how applications for Pre-action disclosure have been dealt with.

You can be certain that this procedure anyway would not come wihtin the Small Claims track and would be fiercely contested by the bank.

Don't forget that one inference of asking ofr pre-action disclosure is that you do not yet have a case

The normal requirements for dislcosure in Small Claims proceedings no longer exists. Now you are only required to dislcose documents upon which you will actually rely. CPR31 1 (2)

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks