Quick question - Desperate for help!!!!***WON!!!***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am about to send my N1 form to claim against Barclays, I recieved the Small Claims Court booklet and CD the other day which is fantastic, but I still have an unanswered question which I hope someone can help me with.....

I understand the section about adding interest and then the daily interest rate.

The problem is, when I originally started my claim I also included the interest using the interest calculator (Martin Lewis website), does this mean that I use this figure for the interest or do I work it out again, fresh if you like, as the interest needs to be calculated right up to the day the claim is sent.

5. Claimant claims: (a) return of the amounts debited of £XXX; (total not including interest) (b) Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £XXX[enter interest total at date of claim - should I recalculate this or should it be the same as what I originally stated in my preliminary letters] continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.xx;

Please help as I really need to get this sent off today, would be sooooo grateful...

:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

should I recalculate

I take it you didnt use the link to the spreadsheets on here, This would automatically adjust to todays figures as soon as you re-opened the excel document.

Either way, if you want to receive the full amount then yes recalculate or, if youre happy with the amount sent originally go with that.

If you havent used the spreadsheet, it might pay you to do so to compare figures.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thank you so much - thats really helpful.

I did see the spreadsheets before but wasnt sure if i could re-do my interest calculation and it was a bit confusing.

I am just doing the spreadsheets now, most of my charges are reffered to on my statements as 'PAID REFERRAL' although a few are for 'UNAUTHORISED OVER DRAFT', presumably i just list these in the first coloumn? (just checking as they are totally different to the ones that were there originally on the spreadsheet when i opened it).

So can I almost start again with regards to the interest, forget what I was claiming for originally and use the updated figure for interest - are the bank ok with this?

Thanks again!:)

Well the CHARGES remain the same but the interest is claimed as increasing on a daily basis, so the longer THEY leave settling, the more comes back to you.

Going thro your statements you should have come across.

UNAUTH O/D FEE

UNPAIDS OUT

& UNPAID REFERRAL FEE

All the same thing just changed over the last 6 yrs or so,

Fantastic - your'e a star thank you.

Just one more quick question (sorry!), i have just noticed i made a mistake in my initial claim, for one of my charges i put £25 when it should have been £30, can i change this or it too late.

Not too fussed for the sake of £5! I am thinking more along the lines of trying to be accurate.

If you havent already put your claim in then YES you can change it.

Once your claim has been processed, to add further charges you have to pay £35 and even then its not guaranteed that they will be accepted.

After filing the claim, if you have any new charges or missed the best thing is to wait til you speak to barclays and tell them their figure is incorrect or by starting the process all over again.

Hello,

I'm all done, claim form complete, I am going to send this to my local court together with the interest spreadsheet.

Can I just check, do I also send the above to my bank aswell?

Presumably I just wait to hear from the court? Will they ask for payment then or do I need to settle up now? I intend to pay by credit card.

I am going to send this to my local court together with the interest spreadsheet.
3 copies of each N1 + schedule.

Can I just check, do I also send the above to my bank aswell?

No

Presumably I just wait to hear from the court?
Yes
Will they ask for payment then or do I need to settle up now?
They will want payment with the claim.

I intend to pay by credit card.
You will need to do this in person

Hello - me again!

I've just had a sudden panic, whilst i was recalculating my interest I realised that I had actually entered a bank charge twice, therefore the amount i am claiming for on my N1 for is a little different from the amount i have been quoting the bank in previous correspondance (£30 less).

Does this matter - I really don't want to have to start all over again!

:-|

Sorry to hijack your thread, I have been trying to post a new thread to no avail, and my question is kind of related.

Since I have now received and completed my allocation questionaire, I was reading through the next steps to prepare in advance and noticed this (related to filing court claim)

If filing with moneyclaim online, "You cannot include your schedule of charges here, you should post 2 copies of your schedule to the Northampton Bulk Processing Centre the day you issue your claim, so that the schedules can be served with the court papers."

I only stated how much I was claiming for, and never posted the schedule of charges as indicated above, although Barclays have had a copy sent to them when I wrote directly to them (2 letters in total).

I noticed in the bank's defence that they state no detail of charges has been supplied by myself.

I am in dog doo now, should I cut my losses and run, or, keep going and wait for a court date or settlement ?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry again for the hijack :o

Include a schedule with your Aq and mention the fact in Section G.

Thanks for the prompt response :) Been trying to post new thread again to no avail...

Anyway... The AQ went yesterday via recorded delivery, can I send my schedule retrospectively ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just thought I would post an update on my claim.

I went into the courts and handed my N1 form in in person, I have since heard that Barclays have acknowledged the claim and have an extra 14 days to file a defence.

They have until Wednesday 28th March to respond. I fully expect that they will enter a defence so I am now waiting to hear from the courts and to get an Allocated Questionaire, and then I guess I will get a court hearing date.

Best start looking into starting my court bundles.

Fingers crossed!

ps Whistleblower was amazing last night, Barclays make me sick, this has only made me more determined.