You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Arguing with the insurer about whether the 22% additional premium they would have wanted at renewal if they had known about the two SP30s is justified is likely to be a waste of time. The insurer doesn't have to prove it to you. In practice it'll be what came out of their computer when they re-ran the calculation of renewal premium with the two SP30s added. If the two SP30s were in the same year then a 22% increase in premium is the sort of increase you'd expect. It doesn't seem outrageous or unreasonable.    It would be surprising if the information you were sent before auto-renewal took place didn't mention the need to notify any changes in your circumstances to insurers. Courts are not very sympathetic to drivers who claim they didn't know they had to declare motoring convictions. Judges tend to take the view that every driver knows the significance of motoring convictions to their insurance premium.   The value of the vehicle only plays a small part in the deciding the premium. 
    • No it says the search was carried out on the 9th July.  Says it was a hard search that can impact your credit score and can be seen by other lenders.    
    • Package holiday firms should promptly issue refunds to customers whose holidays have been cancelled, even in spite of the “extraordinary pressures” they are facing during the coronavirus pandemic, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) warned on Friday.   The regulator noted that consumers have a statutory right to a full cash refund within 14 days of the termination of their package holiday, even if the reasons for the cancellation are “unavoidable and extraordinary.”   “We expect businesses to comply with these requirements where package holiday contracts are terminated due to the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Cecilia Parker Aranha of the CMA in an open letter to package travel sector.   “We are aware that many consumers have been promised full cash refunds, but these have yet to be paid,” she said.   https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/coronavirus-competition-and-markets-authority-package-holiday-refunds-100214568.html
    • that is not acknowledgement.   so what if moorcroft did a search. no-one bar you and they can see it anyway i bet the search was from before the time you updated the address too.   simply a trace to find your correct address to try and mug you blind   send the sb letter as advised.   dx    
    • All I put in letter was   Account Number   please be advised of my new address    my name or husband’s    no signature    I must admit apart from 2 of them writing back to acknowledge.  One of then NatWest I’ve heard from no one else.   Natwest did email to a old email address that we have access to but never use asking for us to reply confirming our address but we never replied.   Im just unsure why Moorcroft have done a credit search yesterday. 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Vickicb

Confused - IF/Blair defaulted debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4880 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this scenario...

OH had a loan with Halifax taken out mid 2002 for £15K. His business went into difficulties soon after and after struggling with payments for a while it was defaulted eventually in May 2003 (we think). Mid-2004 he managed 4 months payments of £200 to Blair Oliver Scott, then nothing since then. Blair have been VERY lenient in not chasing the debt very hard according to OH, due to the fact we had house on market to release equity.

Anyway, now sold house but after secured debts paid and deposit to new house (we could only get 85% mortage) only a couple of £K left over, which I need for improvements to new house. However, I got nearly £5K from reclaiming bank charges and I thought I'd try a F&F offer of 30% to clear this debt.

However, looking through OH's statements tonight, in May 2006 his annual statement says "WRITE OFF - £17K" and the loan has been closed. We have not heard from Blair Oliver Scott for months and months. Has this really been written off? What should we do now, ignore it and put our bank charges into much needed home improvements?

Hi all, have been reading this thread for a while, not being chased by any DCA's BUT at one point that was a distinct possibility so I am pleased so many people are becoming more aware of their rights and not initmidated by these idiots.

Anyway, my query is about a loan my OH defaulted on with Halifax, which was taken out mid 2002. The account was defaulted Feb 2003 after his business failed (loan was, unfortunately, in his name despite being for the company in reality). It was passed to Blair Oliver Scott who chased very rarely and also by telephone and were very nice, not pushy for money at all.

We've not had an annual statement (monthly ones stopped a while back) from the bank showing a "Write off" amount equal to the outstanding balance in May 2006 and the account was closed a few days later.

His credit report, oddly, shows this:

- Defaulted (Feb 2003)

- Default/Deliquent balance £XX

- Account Settled (March 2003)

What does this mean? If the debt has been sold on then can they register a new default? and if so, and if the debt was sold on in May last year why haven't they made contact/registered a default?

Will this look like it has been settled to other's doing a search or would the balance need to show as £0 for them to think it was actually settled? It does show the account as closed I think.