• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Intelligent Finance - requesting your charges info

b8byd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My very first post on here!

I just wanted to let you guys know that I telephoned the IF main customer services number (0845 609 4343) and requested a comprehensive list of all of the default charges that have been added to my accounts (current account, personal loan and credit card) since it was opened in 2002. The lady was very helpful indeed. She knew exactly why I was requesting the statements and she said that she had been instructed to say by her bosses that all of their charges are legitimate and in line with FSA guidance bla bla bla. I knew she was just doing her job and i'm sure she didn't believe a word of it herself! She then said that she has put in a request for the information to be sent to me, and that there was no charge!

The only info you need to get through on this number is your 10-digit customer ID number and your plan security code.

I will update you guys if and when I receive the information. If it is not forthcoming, I will write in using the standard template letter - I just thought i'd give it a go this way.

On another point, has anyone successfully claimed back any default charges on their mortgages? I am a bit hesitant about this one, as I don't wanna start playing around with what is, after all, secured on my home!

Good luck to everyone claiming back what is rightfully theirs, and fingers crossed I get some money back too :)

b8byd :D

I've had a similar start, just a warning tho, they are not as helpfull as they seem. IF use delaying tactics just the same as the other banks.

Use this number instead of the std 0845 cust service, 01506 593001.

Good luck

• Haha 1

"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

P.T. Barnum

Thanks for the warning Sosii. I telephoned this morning, just to see if my request had been actioned on their computer system. The gentleman kindly informed me that they had 40 days to respond. I said that I appreciated that, but I just wondered if he could check on the computer whether my request had indeed been inputted onto the system. He tapped away and then said, "oh, there doesn't appear to be a request on your file". He said he would personally make sure my request is put onto the system, and I should expect my information within 40 days from today. Yeah right, I think i'll go around the houses and send a recorded delivery letter as advised. So much for a short cut!

b8byd

Just one question... Should I send one letter for my current account charges and one for my personal loan charges? Or would it be ok to request both in the same letter?

I've found out this week that my IF credit card was taken over by Halifax Card Services 2 years ago, but as the CCCS has been paying this debt for me I hadn't realised any change. I'm sending a request for my CA today for that one (although I think if I reclaimed the charges on it, there would be nil balance anyway).

b8byd

No, absolutely not. Put them both in the SAR. After all it is all the same plan. Keep a diary of events, contact, results etc as they seem prone to the osterich syndrome of head in sand-itus. Everything recorded.

Wish I could add THAT on to my claim.

:rolleyes:

"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

P.T. Barnum

have just had an email from IF telling me that my statements are £5 each, with a maximum charge of £60. Is this correct, they are asking if I wish them to send them on that basis

• Haha 1

Ignore this, have you asked for statements or a list of the charges.

Did you send a SAR, if not it should look like this.

Data Protection Manager

Halifax

Trinity Road

West Yorkshire

HX1 2BR

26th of January 2007

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 00xxxxxx 80-xx-xx

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation over the last six years. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

Sosii

Hope this helps

:)

• Haha 1

P.T. Barnum

Hi there - yes they told me the same thing about the statements. Its true that the DPA doesn't cover bank statements - but you are not requesting the statements per se, just the charges (its up to them if they want to supply that information in the form of bank statements). I haven't received my charges info from them, but from the sounds of it, they actually provide you with a list of the charges rather than statements. Yeah send them the letter above. Its likely they know what you are after, they're just being pedantic (sp!) and trying to stall.

good luck!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
No, absolutely not. Put them both in the SAR. After all it is all the same plan. Keep a diary of events, contact, results etc as they seem prone to the osterich syndrome of head in sand-itus. Everything recorded.

Wish I could add THAT on to my claim.

:rolleyes:

HI, I wonder if someone can give some advice please. I notice you mention putting the credit card and bank account into 1 SAR. I sent SAR to IF, using my bank aco**** number, then they sent list of charges , this showed bank charges and Credit card chgs. On the covering Letter they do not show my bank account number but did show the PLAN NUMBER.

Now I am ready to move onto the next stage, but I am confused, Will I need to do two seperate Prelim letters and spreadsheet, one for the current account and the other for the credit card?

If I do have to split both what should I show on the spreadsheet under account details for the credit card? would it be the credit card number or the PLAN NUMBER....... and the bank account number on the one for the bank charges.

I am just worried that if I do this all wrong that they will say that my claim under that " PLan' was for X and will not settle both?????? I am really confused.

Also if I am able to put it all on one spreadsheet, in the account number area would I put the bank account number and add a line to show the plan number? If this is the way to do it then I have yet another question, when I list the charges would they need to be split (in other words the credit card chgs seperate fron the bank ones)? although if I do this they would not follow in date order!

Please, Please HELP someone :? Sorry if I have waffled a bit but my head is spinning, I thought that this would be the easy part I am really getting worried if I should go on with this one at all:shock:

• Haha 1