hsbc bank charges

purmashc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have found charges listed on the website for my account.

Sent letter to hsbc to recover charges. they have acknowledged my request and passed it to their customer service department, in the letter they have said it will take upto 8 weeks to respond. Ihave given them a couple of follow up phone calls since. They have 4 weeks left to respond.

On the phone they have said that they are very busy so can not give a precise time it will take to repond.

Any thing more i can do?

You need to check out the rest of the information on the process. Do not let them make you dance to the 8 week tune. You send them letter 1 (request for refund) and then 2 weeks later you send your letter before action, then you issue the MCOL (Moneyclaim form, AKA the bit that takes them to court).

All is not lost though, if you sent the first letter correctly you should be able to send them the letter before action, and maybe jimmy them along a little bit.

My advice would be to do some more reading on this site, get more of an understanding as to how the process works, and go from there.

Thanks all for your help. The matter has now been resolved.

To summarise gained statement from internet site, sent the letter to request charges back, HSBC wrote back within a week to say they will look into it, could take upto 8 weeks to come back to me with a answer.

I then phoned the service centre to check on progress 3 times in total.

Then i received an offer for almost all the charges, which i have accepted.

It was only a few pounds short.

The whole process took 4 weeks, got a big buzz from getting money back.

Thanks all and good luck with you claims.