Leecabs VS Abbey Nat

Leecabs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lee

Firstly, happy birthday for 8 August - I was on holiday at the time and had a drinkie or two for you! Glad to hear you have finally got your court date from Bow - they take an eternity down there. I had a notice from the Court when I got home to say that my application to strike out the Abbey's defence will be heard at the same time as the main hearing. I also had the standard letter from the Abbey saying that they were applying for stays on all cases. I contacted Bow today and they have told me that so far they have not received any application from the Abbey as yet. Before I went away I did send Inga an email to see whether they would be interested in settling but she sent back the standard OFT case and staying all cases email so I got a bit narked and told her I'll see her in Court lol Not sure whether I should send a final attempt to settle letter now giving them 7 days or just file my bundle and let them know I mean business! It would be nice to have your views on this.

Sue x

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jo, Jules, Sue, Night Owl and Doo,

im afraid it is bad news the claim has been stayed, so back to doomsvile:( :mad:

Not happy will have to wait and see what happens in January now with the High Court case I cannot afford to try and get the stay removed. To be honest I havent got much fight left in me.

I will keep in touch with you all though have any of you been stayed yet?

x Lee x:)

Hi Lee

4_2_211.gif

Really sorry mate - was hoping for divine intervention in your case, but I obviously didn't pray hard enough!

You are right about the interest stacking up, for an indefinate period!

But that's the bit that also chokes me - who knows HOW long it will be before a definative ruling is given??:mad:

Chin up - at least the sun is back! (for the moment anyway!):rolleyes:

Lotsa luv:)

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Thanks Jo (BIG HUG)

I think most claims will end up stayed and stay that way till this ruling is sorted out now I will be just keeping an eye on the media each day and CAG hoping for good news!

Take care x Leecabs x:)

KKKKKKKEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR................CHING!!!!!

Interest mounting daily!!!!!

This is like stalemate.

We are the ones calling the shots and the banks can still add charges and the courts are not staying claims. Something is not fair here, and I thought the Justice system protects the claiment!!!

Lets hope that the courts order the banks to stop charges on claims like Barclays have done>

KER....CHING keep adding the interest!!!

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Question: I dont need to bother with the bundle now my case has been stayed do I?

Sorry having a blond moment :)

Hi leecabs, Just been catching up with your progress, You can always apply to have stay set aside. Who stayed you claim, was it court or the bank? if it was court take a look at my thread,stonedecroze v halifax 2 as I am applying to have stay set aside and using banks abuse if legal system to their own advantage, you can also use hardship as a reason, lots of people are opposing stays, and the more that do the sooner this test case garbage will be over. Keep on hanging in there,

you might find these links helpfull

Stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• 1 month later...

Hi Lee

How are you? Has baby Leecabs arrived yet?? :D

Its all very quiet, but the Banks have submitted their defence and a counterclaim apparently. The OFT lawyers are looking through it before it is made public. :mad: Can't wait to see the details of the counterclaim - a bit of a twist in this whole sorry saga!

So its just more waiting and wondering at the moment!:(

Lotsa luv 'n' hugs :)

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

long time no speak I have been busy being a dad though, baby Amy is 3 months old today shes lovely very proud!!

How are you all doing? I have been reading some of the clap trap on the BBC's website BBC NEWS | Business | Barclays begins charges defence

It seems they have all collectively decided to read the same old rubbish as they have written in the there letters to us.

The judge is already sounding ****ed off with the banks, I wonder if he will stop them repeating themselves that would be funny! Order order shut up!

It sounds like this may go all the way to the house of lords if we win, I wonder if we will be able to carry on claiming after a appeal?

I cant imagine all these cases being put on hold indefinately as the cost to the legal system must be massive.

Meanwhile has anyone had any new correspondence from the courts other than being on a stay?

Its good to be back missed ya all!

Leedads :)

Congratulations Daddy and Mummy of course, she did all the hard work!!!

You will have a smile like a Cheshire cat for months.

I pity the Judge having to listen to the same old dross from each of the banks. But then it is for the same cause.

No not received anything from the courts since the stays.

KKKKEEEERRRRRRRR..............ching to all the interest!!!

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi Leedads,

congratulations on the baby2.gif

I have got a hearing to have stay lifted on tuesday, but am not to sure about getting it, But I have come this far and not giving up yet. good to see you back with us,

stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Hi LeeDADDY!!

Congratulations on the birth of Amy - glad everything is ok with you, and nice to see you back; missed you too!

Got no more news for you - just watching and waiting with everyone else!

Keep smiling and being the proud daddy!

Lotsa luv 'n' hugs :)

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hiya Jo, Night Owl and Stone,

thanks for the nice messages have missed you all to, Stone let me know how you case to lift your stay went?

Just read this on bbc website sounds like the OFT's QC is having the banks for breakfast. He sounds like a teacher telling off a group of naughty children glad he is on our side:

BBC NEWS | Business | OFT accuses banks over charges

Sounds like the case will be over by late next week or early the following by the latest. I know the banks will appeal I just hope the law courts dont grant it!

Big old hugs to you all :)

Hi Lee hearing went quite well did not get stay lifted due to test case ending so soon full details on my thread

stonedecroze-halifax-2

But I think that had that not been the case then I would have won. So it is back to sitting on thumbs now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

cant believe we have had to wait over another year for this day but at last its come, im scared to calculate my interest gonna do that over the next couple of weeks and will tell you what my claim is up to.

Im going for the juggular now as they didnt honour that offer 2 years agos, no more Mr Nice guy!:mad:

I hope the Lords just slap them down, pleased with the OFT they have been battling on our sides well!

Dont the banks realise the more they appeal against the OFT, the more the OFT will through the book at them! They are acting like a child who stole something and wont own up its a disgrace!

Big Bank Bashing Hugs to All!

Leeeeeeeccccccaaaaaaabbbbbbbssssss!!!!!!!!:)

if both the judge and the Court of Appeal have dismissed the banks views, then you would think they would give up, give everyone their money back, so we can all spend it (that would certainly help the current economy).

I hope that if they do appeal , that the Lords agree with what we all know too be true (and so it seem so does the Court of appeal/original Judge), that the banks have held onto our money for far too long and now is the perfect time to hand it back. Most people will only just put it straight back into their bank accounts, so the banks cant lose really.