Leecabs VS Abbey Nat

Leecabs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lee

I just wanted to say I totally understand where you are coming from; the 5 grand will obviously be a great help right now, as opposed to waiting and hoping for the full monty.

Please keep in touch - I will PM you my email address. Just to let me know about the new baby and how you are all doing?

You have been such a great help to me and I sincerely appreciate it.

Lotsa luv 'n' hugs

Jo xx :) :)

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Leecabs

Has it be established yet if they are still willing to honour an offer to settle a court claim that they have made before the OFT announcement if you have already refused it either by letter or email to Ashurst?

Hi Leecabs - just came across your thread which I found very interesting as I am in a similar position to you. My claim is for almost 8000 and a few weeks ago I was offered 7200 which i refused, my AQ went in on 1st June and I have still not received a court date! Because of this and after reading the paragraph on their website about honouring previous offers, I emailed Inga last weekend saying that due to the circumstances I would reluctantly accept their previous offer of 7200. I have had a response saying that offer has now expired. I had another reply from Clare Fletcher denying that I had even had that offer so I sent her a copy of their email containing offer - they haven't responded to that! Would be glad to hear how you get on or if you come up with any ideas on how we could get round this. Best of luck!!

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

Hello All,

news from Abbey Jules was right they wont honour their original offer:mad:, because I rejected it.

So thats it the gloves are off now im gonna slap them one, starting monday with a CPR 18 request the buggers! I sent them this request 10 days ago and can ask the court to make it an order on Monday!

Lets hope the courts stick with me on this one.

Im fuming at Inga at the moment she was so short on the phone im annoyed. Told her I would see them in court!

So im back in the game, perhaps its a blessing in disguise.

x Leecabs x

27/02/07 Sent Data Protection Letter

28/02/07 Data Protection Letter Receievd by Abbey National

14/03/07 1 Years Worth of Statements Recieved from Abbey National

22/03/07 Abbey National cashed my cheque for the Micro-fiche data

03/04/07 Sent Letter Before Action (Chasing Micro-fiche data)

04/04/07 Letter Before Action Recieved by Abbey National

10/04/07 40 Day Limit has now expired only 1 years of data sent.

18/04/07 Reported Abbey National to the Information Commissioners Office (Information Comissioners Office)

19/04/07 Recieved full list of Charges from Abbey and withdrew my complaint to the Information Commissioners Office

24/04/07 Prelim letter sent to Abbey with a list of my charges without 8% Interest. 14 Day Limit.

26/04/07 Abbey respond by telling it will take four weeks to investigate what ever!

08/05/07 LBA Has been sent special delivery to Abbey 14 Day Limit then N1 will be submitted.

23/05/07 Submitted by N1 Claim Form, List of Charges, Small Claims Court request Letter to Bow County Court and paid £250.

29/05/07 Receieved a letter from Shabbey stating they will not cave for another 4 weeks at least! LOL

05/06/07 Recieved a letter from Bow County Court saying that my claim is deemed served as of 3rd June, Abbey have until the 18th of June to respond/Acknowledge.

14/06/07 Received Acknowledgement letter from Bow County Court letting me know Abbey are to defend the claim. They now have until 02/07/07 to defend.

21/06/07 Recieved offer of £5112.08 sending a rejection letter by Special Delivery on 22/06/07

21/06/07 Abbey have submitted their defence it wasnt due until 02/07/07 so least I should get some news from the court before I go on holiday.

27/06/07 Allocation Questionaire receieved from court.

11/07/07 Both Allocation questionaires submitted.

27/07/07 CPR 18 Request Sent to Abbey copying in the court.

07/08/07 Do not honour there original offer!

welcome back lee

We are busy firing letters off to our local MP's FSA and OFT at the moment (have a look at the general forum), most of the talk here is re the OFT case, there is so much good advice around at the moment (from a lot of the claimants, not the board), and we are all pulling together.

Thanks Jules1973,

im praying this test case gets resolved quickly and efficently!

Meanwhile just filling my N244 and will be reading lots and lots on the forums.

Its my birthday today so not gonna do much work anyway :)

Happy Birthday, I can see the test case being a very long drawn out process, not helped by the banks trying to string it out for as long as they can, although i hope i am proved wrong

:madgrin:

Thanks ICY

I have just sent off a CPR 18 Request Chaser Letter and I just finished filling out my form to make it an order on Monday. It will be interesting to see whether Gary H's CPR 18 route is still effective!

18/04/07 Reported Abbey National to the Information Commissioners Office (Information Comissioners Office)

19/04/07 Recieved full list of Charges from Abbey and withdrew my complaint to the Information Commissioners Office

24/04/07 Prelim letter sent to Abbey with a list of my charges without 8% Interest. 14 Day Limit.

26/04/07 Abbey respond by telling it will take four weeks to investigate what ever!

08/05/07 LBA Has been sent special delivery to Abbey 14 Day Limit then N1 will be submitted.

23/05/07 Submitted by N1 Claim Form, List of Charges, Small Claims Court request Letter to Bow County Court and paid £250.

29/05/07 Receieved a letter from Shabbey stating they will not cave for another 4 weeks at least! LOL

05/06/07 Recieved a letter from Bow County Court saying that my claim is deemed served as of 3rd June, Abbey have until the 18th of June to respond/Acknowledge.

14/06/07 Received Acknowledgement letter from Bow County Court letting me know Abbey are to defend the claim. They now have until 02/07/07 to defend.

21/06/07 Recieved offer of £5112.08 sending a rejection letter by Special Delivery on 22/06/07

21/06/07 Abbey have submitted their defence it wasnt due until 02/07/07 so least I should get some news from the court before I go on holiday.

08/08/07 CPR 18 Request Chaser Letter Sent Special Delivery

Lee

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Just to clarify things once and for all for people, this is what I sent to Inga to put everyone’s mind at rest, and save them wasting their time.

“Without Prejudice”

Abbey’s website says it will honour any offer it made to a claimant prior to the OFT announcement for two months.

I am interested to know if the statement by Abbey on their website to “honour any offer”, includes an offer made to a claimant by Abbey who replied by letter/email without actually saying the words “I REJECT YOUR OFFER of 65%,” but who instead offered a counter offer.

Regards

And this was her response

"Without prejudice"[

Dear xxxx[

The making of a counter offer is a rejection of our original offer even if words such as "I reject your offer" are not used. Abbey will not be honouring original offers in circumstances where counter offers have subsequently been made. I trust this clarifies the position, however if you would like to discuss please do not hesitate to call.

Kind regards,

Thanks Jules and Jo,

just tucking into some cakes at the office having prepared everything for my N244 order on Monday excited again now!

Jules think thats a good idea really they should word what they are saying better!

x x Leecab x x:D

• Haha 1

Belated Birthday greets

happybday.gif

Thanks for the PM info.

regards, Stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Lee

Re Inga’s email saying a counter offer is in rejection of an original offer, I did a bit of research just to see if she was right or if it was Abbey trying to wriggle out of paying people and unfortunately she is right.

I came across this.

Hyde v Wrench (1840) 3 Beav 334

Wrench offered to sell his farm to Hyde for £1000.00. Hyde said we would pay £950.00. Wrench turned down the £950.00 offer, and Hyde wrote back saying that he accepted the original £1000.00 offer. There was no contract. This is the classic example of a counter-offer which amounts to a rejection of the original offer.

Ok update time my court date is now October 17th, which I think is not bad considering I have heard people having dates at the end of November!

However Abbey have sent a letter saying they are going to apply for a Stay till then test case finished blah blah blah z z z z Z Z Z Z Change the record.

Also as you mention Jules they say that all offers that have been rejected will not be honour so F off basically :p

CPR 18 request is due in Monday at the court not sure whether to proceed or not with my track now confirmed as Small Claims however have I got anything to loose except a two month + wait?

Im feeling discomboblated today had a couple of pints at lunch hiccup!:lol:

Afternoon All,

hope you all had wonderfull weekends I went to a 30th Birthday Friday Night, a wedding on Saturday and then had my cousin and her daughters over for a nice BBQ yesterday so very busy.

I have been to Bow County Court this morning and handed in my N244 form. The lady took it and the £35 now I need to see if the judge will order the notification?! Its a race against time with Shabbey writing to us all last Thursday to say they would stay all claims, hopefully the judge will issue the order today or tomorrow!

If they do put a Stay on im going fill out another N244 asking for the stay to be lifted lets keep on fighting!

My claim now stands at £8109.90 if they dont resolve until Feb 2008 which is what I have heard is the earliest the case will be resolved my interest will have risen by £212.50 making a total of £8322.40:eek:

They are silly its gonna cost them more in the long run!

x Leecabs x

13/08/07 CPR -18 Request submitted with the court with £35 fee

Thanks Jules see my update below excited!

Hello All,

ok dont want to get carried away as I know I will only be disappointed, but it looks like the judge is going to issue my CPR 18 N244 request!:o

I have checked my bank online and found the cheque for £35 has cleared today!:)

I feel giddy with excitement actually a little bit sick, dare I dream that I could have won my case in 2 weeks???

Im going to call the court on Monday to give them time to do the necessary paper work and find out whats happening.

Even if they send a N244 requesting a stay the judges order should stand meaning they must submit the requested information with the 14 day time limit!

So watch this space, fingers, legs, toes etc crossed!

Cheers

Leecabs:)

Hi Leecabs,

subscribing to your thread. Hello! :-)

Happy Birthday for the 8th. Mine was the 10th!!! 23rd wedding Anniversary 18th!! Busy month. :D

Just posted on CPR Part 18 thread. Mine went yesturday. Stay ends 31/08/07 then back to judge for directions.

Will be waiting to uncross fingers and everything by Monday before it all drops off!!!!! :eek:

Good luck

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi Lee

Going blue keeping everything crossed for you :D !!

Hope it all goes well - I will be waiting with baited breath, if I haven't passed out by then!!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Lotsa luv

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: