S.A.R - on Bank of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you!

Couple of tips,

1. Get a receipt. ALWAYS get a receipt if you hand something in.

2. Your 40 days are calendar days, not working days.

3. Everything that happens from now on is on YOUR timetable NOT theirs.

4. (I lied about a couple) If you need any help shout it out and someone will help.

All the best

A D

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

• 1 month later...

hi all,

thanks for the replies.

32 days gone now and still no reply.

do i chase them up on this or do i just wait till the 40 days are up?

thanks and best regards to all

andromeda411

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

40 days were up on friday. phoned bank on saturday and woman said SAR was not received and blamed royal mail.when i told her i hand delivered it to my local branch and had a stamped and signed receipt she fumbled for a few words and apologised and said my statements would be sent as soon as possible.

spoke again this morning to BOS with a guy who said it would be with me shortly. he also said that they were very busy dealing with SAR letters at the present time as they are receiving up to 7000 a month. told him i was at the 43 day stage and gave him 7 days.

lets see what happens:(

• 3 weeks later...

Know how you feel.

They send me a list of charges but never got any statements. Just received 1 years worth of statements on 05 May 2007. My SAR was received on 03 March 2007.

ICO was a waste. Basically, sent they'd write to BOS.

Is there anyway you can estimate your charges. Get the ball rolling and when they do reply update your request.

• Haha 1

i got two years of statements online. i could just work them out and then multiply by 2.5 to give me the 5 years.

i think that is the way i will go.

thanks for your help u20sr

regards

andromeda411

Have you sent the non comliance letter?

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Then the next step is the N1. You file at court as you informed them in the non compliance.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

This will cost about £63 but it is reclaimable.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Best to hastle them for the remainder of the charges.If you estimate them and the bank decide to challenge your valuation of the charges your claim could be thown out of court as it does not truly reflect the proper amount?.

• Haha 1

Meatfeet: Don't agree with you there. I seriously doubt it would be thrown out. If they did defend in court then it's a perfectly viable for you to say you had no other option.

I'm certain the sheriff / judge wouldn't look too favourably on the bank for withholding vital information. Either way it should open up a channel to get the statements.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,

now really fed up waiting for list of charges or statements.hand delivered SAR to BOS on the 5th march 2007. have sent non-compliance,filed complaint with ICO and telephoned on many occassions.

what is my next step as i live in scotland.

regards and many thanks

andromeda411:mad:

I've found HBOS to be terrible in replying to either SARs or CCA requests. I think their record keping system must be in meltdown. Next step is really to ait for the ICO to issue a finding, then you cam use the Small Claims Court to force them to release the documents.

I'm at the same stage with HBOS over a CCA request.

I have received my statements from the B.O.S. and can identify the charges easily enough. However, the statements just itemise them as "charges as notified". My view is that this is their problem, I asked for itemisation of charges and it has not been given. Am I right in this?

this seems to be what the HBOS group do as standard. i had a claim with IF and they sent a list with all the charges as "charges as notified".

i just put that in as the charge description on my claim and i have just had an offer from them which i have declined!!

regards

andromeda411

I got that as a partial compliance (they only sent part - see my thread)

dusary v HBoS

with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - but the actual statements I received stated each and every thing - though latterly they've been putting "charges as notified" - which applies to the letters they send saying, eg: "Returned Direct Debit" etc etc.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I have just recieved the standard reply from BOS stating that their charges are fair therefore they have rejected my claim for £4002.I'm now sending them a letter giving them 14 days to refund the charges.If this does not work i will be serving them court papers shortly afterwards.I will keep you upto date on their response.

Hi All, I totally agree that their system must be in meltdown, I have had my statement since 17th April and sent off letter requesting refund on 19th April which was acknowledged on 24th April. However on Saturday 26th May I received all my statements again!!!( 88 days after SAR ). What a waste of time and money! :confused:

Hi andromeda411,

Im in exactly the same position as you.Im in scotland also. I wrote to the Information Commissioners office and got a standard reply back - not much help really. I think you need to file at court. Its a N1 down in England but not sure what you do in Scotland.

In Scotland if you are claiming £750 or less you can go to the small claims court.If it is more than that i.e. I am claiming in excess of £4000 you will have to go through The Summary Court.This may require the help of a solicitor.As my wife is a legal secretary we are intending to take the bank on ourselves.