style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I sent my prelim last weekend so the 14 days is up next weekend. I have a couple of questions re planning what next and any advice gratefully received:

1) I claimed £5143 for six years before discovering the limit in Scotland is five. Should I adjust my claim amount in the LBA to make it completely ligitimate or stick to the £5143 and see what happens?

2) Martin Lewis' LBA template letter offers 7 days before filing and I notice the CAG template is 14 days. Is 14 days generally seen as more reasonable on our part and more likely to be looked upon as good practice by a court (if it comes to it), rather than trying to rush through a claim after 7 days?

3) I'm thinking about making a 'without prejudice' offer to settle for £4000 in the LBA. Any advice on whether I should? I could do with a quick settlement now because I need the money. Because of the size of the claim it's going to have to be split into £1500 summary actions. I'm worried that the bank might try to force a full and final settlement of £1500 on the first one, and £4000 now seems like a safer bet than the possibility of £5143 some months down the line.

All help and advice gratefully received. Thanks!!

Chris.