• Tweets

• Hi, I've posted about my issues with British gas business electricity supply before, but I think this deserves a new post since it's a different question. Short version, I've long standing (2007) issues with British gas and their miss billing and have been to court 13 times for their disconnection warrants. On the times they actually showed up AND it went to the magistrates (twice) the magistrates have sided with me on both occasions, once I presented my evidence. BGB don't keep records far enough back so they're winging it at this point. I did use the ombudsman, but they failed me massively, contradicting themselves in their overly late response, and have been unwilling to listen to my complaints. They (bgb) have now sent the account to Arvato financial solutions (debt collectors). When they announced they (bgb) would do so, I contacted them by email to raise another complaint, giving them one last chance to sort things out. I received one missed call before they sent it over. No emails other than auto generated ones. I will not deal with them on the phone. I have three questions: Firstly, If/when it goes to court again, will i be able to turn up in person, and is it likely to be near me or will I have to travel? Ideally I would like to be there, but I have everything in writing if not. Secondly, what should my next step be? I've considered a proof of debt letter, but since they are only addressing the business (ltd) and not myself, I would need to write it as the business. I'm not giving them any personal details. They are already harassing my phone. Thirdly, Do arvato now have the account, and is my debt with bgb cleared? And if so, who is then responsible for my not insignificant costs for appearing in court all those times? I won, after all.
    • There are mandatory reasons why a set-aside should be granted, but the situation you describe doesn’t fall within those.   So, you’d have to ask for a discretionary set-aside. a) these need to be applied for ‘promptly’ b) if you paid it off, rather than applying for a set-aside, you’d be hard pushed to persuade the court you didn’t owe it.   This late, and having paid it off rather than asking for the set-aside previously, you have 2 hopes. “Bob Hope and no hope. Further, Bob Hope is deceased”   You’d have to pay an application fee (if not fee exempt), and I think it’d be a waste of time, for the reasons stated.
    • I am sorry if there is already a post explaining this, I am still trying to use the website so I am unsure how to navigate.    I have a default on my credit file for a 118 loan that I am making minimum repayments on  - the loan is £2000 and I am making £10 payments a month This does appear on my credit karma report twice, one from Madison CF UK ltd & Lowell, I have asked for one to be removed on a number of occasions and this has never been actioned, so advice on how to tackle this would be great!    Back to my main point, the default started in 2017 so by 2023 it should be removed from my credit file (?) what happens if I have not paid of the balance by then? can they attempt to have it put back on my credit report, once it has been 6 years and it has not been paid can they take it to a judge for a CCJ?    I am incredibly confused as to what happens to an unpaid defaulted debt after the 6 years.    Thank you in advance for your help    
    • Hello,    Back in 2019 parking eye issued a CCJ against me, I paid this off in 2020 and it is now showing as satisfied on my credit file - I am guessing after reading over this forum it will remain there until 2025 once the 6 years have passed.    I have been working over the past year to gather information to present to the courts to have the CCJ removed, to cut a very long story short ( 2017 - 2020 to be exact) I tried to set up a repayment plan with parking to pay the £100 fine for the ticket, they refused this on 3 occasions and in emails stated that in order to set up a repayment plan I would need to submit a claim form which they will review and come to a decision.  They sent numerous emails saying that they refuse to communicate with me further, they allegedly posted the court forms which I never received and I asked for a copy via email - this request was ignored by them and the CCJ was issued.    I paid the £197 to them in 2020 to cover the fine and the charges for the court fees - the happily set up a repayment plan for this via email.   I recently sent them a complaint via letter and with this I asked for all copies of letters and emails to be sent to me, the have ignored my complaint but issued the requested paperwork, amongst this is 3 letters agreeing the initial repayment plan that I tried to set up back in 2017 - considering all communication was done via email and I have emails from them stating that all repayment plans must be submitted by claim form I am confused as to where these 3 letters have come from, they were never sent via post. What is even more confusing is they sent an email agreeing the £197 repayment and not letter - surely they would be consistent with the way they send information?    Has anyone been successful with having a CCJ removed? what information should I present to the courts?    I do feel with the lack of consistency on their part and the fact I never received the court forms I could stand a chance with the courts agreeing and it being removed but I am unsure.    Any help is greatly appreciated
    • Fraudsters are using the details of firms we authorise to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm. Find out more about this 'clone firm'.View the full article
  • Our picks

Tallcmp v BOS

Tallcmp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I sent my prelim last weekend so the 14 days is up next weekend. I have a couple of questions re planning what next and any advice gratefully received:

1) I claimed £5143 for six years before discovering the limit in Scotland is five. Should I adjust my claim amount in the LBA to make it completely ligitimate or stick to the £5143 and see what happens?

2) Martin Lewis' LBA template letter offers 7 days before filing and I notice the CAG template is 14 days. Is 14 days generally seen as more reasonable on our part and more likely to be looked upon as good practice by a court (if it comes to it), rather than trying to rush through a claim after 7 days?

3) I'm thinking about making a 'without prejudice' offer to settle for £4000 in the LBA. Any advice on whether I should? I could do with a quick settlement now because I need the money. Because of the size of the claim it's going to have to be split into £1500 summary actions. I'm worried that the bank might try to force a full and final settlement of £1500 on the first one, and £4000 now seems like a safer bet than the possibility of £5143 some months down the line.

All help and advice gratefully received. Thanks!!

Chris.