Lulu99 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hang in there lulu dont worry about the responce letter from halifax

you just need to wait for the court to send you a copy of your claim back to you this will have dates on it that you can go by

good luck

buffy x

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hang on in there it will be your turn soon, when did you file n1?

Hi my claim with the Halifax, they paid the full amount into my account on 19th june 2007 £5635.05.

N1 filed 23rd May 2007

Deemed served 25th may 2007

Acknowledged 1st June 2007

Keep on fighting and you will get it.

Heres some helpful numbers 01422 391096 or email

[email protected]

Today 20th June I discovered that 2700.00 had been taken out of my bank, I rang Halifax and was told it was interest on a loan, I told them that I didn’t have any loans so she put me on hold and cam back after 5 mins and said there’s been an error I will get someone to call you back in 5 mins (I smoked 5 cigs in 15 mins) got no call back so I rang them and they said sorry about the error your account as been refunded with the 2700.00 what a cheek?

Well still no response letter from Helifax. They said they posted it on the 15th June!!!!!!!!!!!

I went into the court on Tuesday the 19th June (2 days ago) and handed in my N1 .

My claim for bank charges was for £950. The contractual interest added on came to £1,447 .

I also claimed on a joint account which was for £195.

I know it dont sound a lot of money , but it is to me.

It is this that has been the start of all my problems.

The court said they will contact me via post.

I havent a clue what to do next, but I am learning fast!!!!.

From Seaside Lady...

Ok so what happens next.....:wink:

The court will do everything for you. They send copies to the bank, and they will send you a copy.

Your copy will have the date it is deemed served. This is the date you need now. This is your countdown date.

They have 14 days to acknowledge from this date.

If they dont acknowledge then you can file the letter demanding payment. :grin:

If they do acknowledge,

They have 28 days from countdown date!

So it is a waiting game again now.

Well surprise surprise - I STILL havent recieved the response letter that the Helifax SAID they posted on the 15th June.

They aknowledged on the 27th April and told me they have 8 weeks which is the 22nd June (today!!) to respond.

I filed the N1 form on Tuesday .

Today the court sent all my N1 paperwork back because they said I need to sent ALL the details of my tax credits. I gave them to the receptionist and she photo-copied them and said they were fine (this is for the exemption fee).

Anyway this is going to stall things, because my claim cant be filed until they have MORE info which will be on Monday.

Am I right in thinking now that the Halifax have defaulted?

Please someone who knows for sure - would you give me some advice please?

Am I getting out of my depth?

If the paper work hasnt gone through then they cant default.

You need to get the relevant paperwork and resubmit your claim.

So you will need to wait now for your claim to be deemed served.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Quick update:

Halifax said they posted their response letter on 15th June. Their 8 week deadline was up on the 22nd June!!!

I STILL havent recieved it, so what the ....are they playing at???

Anyway on a brighter note: I have re-submitted my N1 forms today at the court. There was a slight prob and they returned them to me on Friday.

They are now filed.

Because their 8 week deadline is well overdue now - what can I do besides court action??

Are they in breach of sommat?

Come on somebody give me some ammunition to fire!!!

Quick update:

Halifax said they posted their response letter on 15th June. Their 8 week deadline was up on the 22nd June!!!

I STILL havent recieved it, so what the ....are they playing at???

Anyway on a brighter note: I have re-submitted my N1 forms today at the court. There was a slight prob and they returned them to me on Friday.

They are now filed.

Because their 8 week deadline is well overdue now - what can I do besides court action??

Are they in breach of sommat?

Come on somebody give me some ammunition to fire!!!

Hi Lulu99 the 8 weeks is the Halifax just trying to wast time you have filed at court so sometime in next week or longer depending on how busy court is you should receive letter from court "Notice of Issue" it will give you a date when your claim was deemed served on halifax and a date when they have to reply to the court.

You do nothing now until :

1, No reply to the court, ask the court to enter judgment

2, they make an offer, you have to decide to accept offer or not

3, they acknowledge, this gives them 28 days from original date served to file a defense, after the 28 day if no defense entered then you ask court to enter judgment.

They will more than likely settle after acknowledgment or put in defense and then settle before court date, but they will pay.

all the best dpick:p

STILL no response letter from the HALIPRATS . They are such liars. They told me they had posted the response letter on the 15th JUne. Its now the 28th!!

Anyway they have defaulted so I have won anyway.

I'll keep you posted.

Fingers crossed.

Lulu

So did you file the N1? and if so what was your date deemed served?

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Seaside lady.

Yes I did file the N1. It had to be returned back to the court because there was an error, but it was officially filed on Monday.

I am waiting for a response now from the court.

ok, so you need your deemed served date noe, then they have 14 days to acknowledge

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Okay I have now recieved the standard bog off letter from Halifax saying that basically they are not going to pay.

I recieved it yesterday.

They told me over the phone that they posted it on 15th June. Such fibbers, I recieved it on July 7th!!!

Anyway I have had my notice of issue from the court.

It says: Your claim was issued on 02 July 2007. The court sent it to the defendant by First class post on 05 July. and it will be deemed served on 07 July. The defendant has until 23 July to reply.

I have got to fill in this form and send it back now . I will tick box A .

This is so scary.

I really need some support.

Thanks Lulu.

UPDATE:

Okay I have now recieved the standard bog off letter from Halifax saying that basically they are not going to pay.

I recieved it yesterday.

They told me over the phone that they posted it on 15th June. Such fibbers, I recieved it on July 7th!!!

Anyway I have had my notice of issue from the court.

It says: Your claim was issued on 02 July 2007. The court sent it to the defendant by First class post on 05 July. and it will be deemed served on 07 July. The defendant has until 23 July to reply.

I have got to fill in this form and send it back now . I will tick box A .

This is so scary.

I really need some support.

Thanks Lulu.

Hi LuLu,

Dont be scared, as I'm right there along side ya:) This is the fun part, nerve racking but exciting. We are both on the long road to getting our money back and that's something worth looking forward to.

My claim was deemed served on exactly the dame date as yours, Halifax has until the 23rd to reply also. I'll be keeping an eye on how your claim progressess, so make sure you keep us posted.

Good luck.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Well I have had a letter from the court today : Notice that Aknowledgement of service has been filed.

It says The defendant filed an Aknowledgement of service of 18th july 2007.

The defendant responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all of the claim.

PLEASE PLEASE WILL SOMEONE HELP ME.

What happens now?

Have I definately lost. I am getting really really cheesed off with this.

Thank you in advance.

This is normal. No you havnt lost.

They now have 28 days from when your claim was deemed served.

So you need to wait, work out your date and let us know if t=you hear anything else from them.

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Thanks seaside lady for your help.

I am gutted.

Is this the norm? I reckon they aren't going to pay up .

When it gets to this stage does it normally go to court?? Has many people actually lost the case at this stage?

Thanks again.

This is what is happening to plenty on here, The chances are the money can turn up in your account in the next week or so, try not to worry.

It is just a waiting game again, keep an eye on your account just in case.

F&Q's... Read here