Lulu99 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all replies. Its very much appreciated.

Has anybody else got any experience of this??

Is the halifax getting fed up with sending out statements.

What is the £10 for. Surely its not tenner for a list of charges.??

I know I can claim the tenner back , but they sureLy are taking the ****

I have looked over the site but cant find any more people who have been sent diocuments in this way. Am I the only one ??????

I can recall someone else being sent just the charges a little while back.

The tenner is the stat fee for them to provide the data they hold on you i would phone them and ask them what part of the SAR dont they understand, be firm with them and follow it up with a letter.

Good luck.

UPDATE --

Today I have recieved the documents _(SAR documents). I was expecting dozens of envelopes or was expecting to be asked to go and collect them from branch. I have got my highlighter ready.

BUT What I have recieved is a ready made list TELLING ME what charges I have recieved. The dates and amounts. They have already done the calculations.

I am annoyed because I have requested six yrs worth of satements , for all I know they havent even put half of em down!!!

I feel like i have been cheated.

Hi not sure about this I think I would rather have statements the list you have recieved could be missing data,IE someone missed a charge or if they have computer program then program could be crap and have missed a line (this can happen I was a computer programmer before I retired and we are all human and make mistakes) Does the letter state that these are the only charges for the date range supplied.

Just checked start of your thread this is Halifax. They have changes they sent me 32 letters containing copy of all statements. Thinking about this they have probably had a program written to make life easier for them.

The pooooooooor dears are being overworked or should I say workedover nice.

dpick:evil:

they have no obligation to send you statements. They have an obligation to send you details of your charges & transactions - in whatever form they like. Some banks send statements, but this is their choice. If you look at the SAR letter it takes this into account.

Hi Lulu. I have had the same thing happen to me today. I have been given 2 sheets, which I had to go and collect from a branch I never use!. these show the charges, but like you its nowhere near what I thought it would be. I have waited 56 days for this info. Mine dosnt even show what the charges are for. Have you spoken to them since posting this. I dont know if I should accept it or get back in the queue and wait again.

I rang the Halifax yesterday to complain that I had not recieved what I had asked for and guess what! TODAY, I got a full set of statemnets going back to 1992. The bad news is that I only seem to have incurred 1 charge prior to 6 years ago.

As for the list they sent you and I, i checked mine against the statements and they are correct. I thought I would have had so much more to claim back than I have so am slightly dissapointed but never mind.

One thing I should mention though, when I checked them against the statements ther are 2 instances were I had complained to the Halifax at the time and had the charges reversed. On the statemnets it clearly shows this, but, on the printed sheets they sent me which they have totalled up the reversed charges are added on. So, if they insist they owe it me, who am I to argue.;)

UPDATE::

I recievedmy bank charges info.

Instead of sending me 6 yrs worth of statements they sent just a list of charges.

I don't know whether to accept these and take their word for it that they are true and correct, or whether to complain and demand 6 yrs worth of statements.

Has anybody got any experience of recieving their sar like this?????

I need some advice on what to do next.

I am under a great deal of stress and am getting bogged down by my debts.

If I just accept the list of charges What is the next step??

Someone please help me as I genuinly don't know what to do.

Thanks.

Calm down dear! The list is apparently ok. However its up to you. You can accept this or if you want you can send them a non complience letter. If you read through some of the more recent threads you will see tha the list is the banks way of making it a bit easier for us. arrr aren't they kind :rolleyes:

Thing is, you requested a list of charges, and if they couldn't do this then a set of statements would be acceptable.

They have complied to your request, so if you were to now demand your statements, they could then go 'OK', but charge you £3 each statement as is their wont.

The list of charges is fine.

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

If you are going to accept the list of charges your next step is to send the Prelim.

Prelim letter

Also complete your schedule of charges and print that out without the interest showing and attach it to your prelim.

Spreadsheets

We then worry about the next bit in 16 days or so, it's essentially the same just a different wording in the letter.

All of these are in the library. I suggest you have a good read through the steps and FAQs.

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

After recieving my list of bank charges (just a list , NO statements), I have now written the prelim letter. I will be sending it via recorded delivery in the morning.

I was very dissappointed to find out they only owe me £937 pounds.

I would have put the figure much much higher if I had to make an educated guess. I have no proof that they are telling the truth.

I just want to get on with it, and if I queried it , then it would mean another 40 day wait.

Anyway I am going to assume they are telling the truth.

I have had to HAND WRITE all my correspondence because my printer is out of order, and I am going to get them photocopied tomorrow before I post them, which is a pain in the ass.

I do not understand a thing about the interest charges, nor am I able to do anything on the spreadsheet because I have no printer.

I am just going to have to claim the £937 quid.

So they have 14 days to reply to the prelim, and another 14 days on top of that if they dont.

Does that mean that I could recieve my dosh in a months time???

I am getting scared!!

What is the 8 week thing?? What takes 8 weeks?

Sorry if I am sounding thick but I am getting bogged down by all of this.

I am also in the process of sending a cca to a debt recovery company for a catalogue debt. (which until a couple of months ago was being paid regularly without amy missed payments).

I am being hounded by phone calls starting from 8 a.m till after 9 p.m ,

7 days a week. These are from Halifax credit card. These are for both myself and my partner., (seperate accoumts). so double the calls.

They just will not accept a payment plan until I have contacted the ccca for a breakdown of outgoings. They are calling me on my landline and mobile day and night. Its driving me mad.

We have always been excellent payers, and over the last 6 months , things have gone pear shaped. My partner has been on short time at work since October, and our debts have spiralled out of control. We have 2 small children. I wasnt working, but have now found a part time job.

We have a Halifax mortgage which began getting into arrears.

We are trying to pay all our secured debts, but the unsecured ones are just hardly getting paid (hence the hounding).

I am trying to sort it all out but am getting bogged down with all the jargon.

It is BECAUSE of the Halifax charging us unlawfully that has put us in this situation.

This £937 will be used to pay back what we owe.

Sorry for such a long thread, but I feel I needed to state my case.

By the way there are some really helpful people on here, and I am so glad that I am here.

Thankyou.

Did you pay the £10 SAR fee, because if you did, then they HAVE to send you the statements. If so and the 40 days have passed then you need to send the non compliance letter.

Also the 8 week letter, just ignore it, keep to your own time scale.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

If they are phoning you send them this letter...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

It should do the trick.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I have just finished writing a harassment letter to the Halifax, for credit cards. What address do I put on the letter??

Anybody know?

I want to get this posted in the morning, so if anybody could help tonight I would be so grateful.

Would it be Trinity Road, or do credit card services have a different address??

Thanks in advance.

The registered address for Halifax Bank is....

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

If you send the letter there it should reach the right place.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi

I am sending an sar to Halifax credit card services.

Is it the same sar template letter as the one I sent to the bank that I need to send???

I know it might seem like a dumb question, but when I was writing it out , the wording didnt seem as appropriate as for the bank.

There are late payment charges and loads of interest.

Also is the Dunfermline address for credit card sar???

Anyway if someone would clarify this for me I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Hi Lulu.

The same letter is OK. You are requesting information on all transactions on your account. The template letter has everything you need to address that request.

Send it to.....

REGISTERED ADDRESS: -

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

APRIL 24TH -I sent my prelim letters off .

APRIL 27TH - I recieved a letter from Halifax saying :

Thankyou for your recent complaint. I am sorry that you are unhappy about the charges which have been applied to your accoont. (yeah right!!!)

One of my colleagues will carry out a full investigation of your complaint.

Our Commitment to you is that we will respond to your concerns at the earliest opportunity. However, we do want to ensure that the issues raised are fully investigated. If , for any reason, we are unable to respond fully to your concerns within the next 4 WEEKS we will write to update you of our progress.

This then goes on to bLubber about if you have employed somene to handle your complaint on your behalf please note the following BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It has been 9 days -- Am I right in saying that they have to respond by Tuesday - THEN I send a letter before Action????????????

ALSO someone please advise me - I did not total up and request the 8% interest because my printer is broken and I have no way of printing it out, so I didnt bother.

Anyway I have just had a go at working the interest out - but I still cant print it. They owe me £136.60 interest, and I havent claimed it.

Is it too late?? After all its still my money.

Please advise me what to do on this one.

Thanks

I sent a prelim letter to Halifax by recorded delivery on 27th April.

They would recieve it by 28th April?

Do I count Saturdays and Sundays?

When would you say my 14 days are up????

I am about to send LBA but husband says give them a few more days to allow for weekends.

Is that right????

Someone please give me some advice.

Thanks.

Always use 14 calendar days

I would say that the 14 days are up next Monday(14th) and this gives them an extra day for the Bank Holiday

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.