Rebel UK v BoS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LBA Sent 10/05

Charges : £2226.42

Ball is rolling in through the Banks front door :)

Rebel

vs Barclays Bank plc - £1670+interest @ 8% + Costs Concluded 24th June 06 - 5% donation sent

vs Bank of Scotland - £2226.42+interest @ 8% + Costs SETTLED IN FULL 6th Aug INCLUDING 8% pre court.

• 1 month later...

********UPDATE********

Sent 2nd and Final demand for repayment letter on 19th June, BoS now has until 3rd July to pay up, however, Yesterday received a phone call from BoS Customer Services requesting a chat, I said 'go ahead' the lady said 'we are sorry to hear you are upset over the charges and as a gesture of goodwill we are prepared to offer you full repayment of the LAST 6 MONTHS of charges'

I laughed and said 'If I took out a loan with the bank on a repayment plan of 6 years, spent the money, then phoned the bank and said I am only going to pay you back for 6 months not 60, what do you think the bank would say?'

She replied 'well I don't think they'd accept that' I said 'what makes you think I'd accept a similar offer then, no thanks, I'll however accept the sum as part payment and pursue the rest in court' she said 'no, this is a full and final offer' I said 'ok, No Thanks, see you in court'

They now have 7 days to pay up, then I fill out MCOL form, they won't go to court, they cannot afford to lose because if they do, then the papers and media will find out, and they will end up with not just a few hundred claims going in, but thousands, and this invariably will cost them millions, not to say the government will then be forced to instruct the OFT to force banks to reduce charges immediately to costs as opposed to penalties.

Rebel.

vs Barclays Bank plc - £1670+interest @ 8% + Costs Concluded 24th June 06 - 5% donation sent

vs Bank of Scotland - £2226.42+interest @ 8% + Costs SETTLED IN FULL 6th Aug INCLUDING 8% pre court.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

About to fill out my MCOL form for claim against BoS. However, being in England I need an Address for BoS either a head office or Customer Relations Dept in England not in Scotland or I cannot use MCOL. Does anyone have a Full Postal Address. I cannot see one in the Address Thread.

TIA

Rebel

***UPDATE***

MCOL claim filed 6th July.

As to the Address Issue, when I put in the Customer Relations Address from Leeds, it gave me an address for Halifax Plc, for those of you that may suffer the same dilemma I did, wondering if putting the Halifax Plc name instead of Bank of Scotland, would nullify your claim, I addressed this by using the following address based in England and selecting 'use the address I put in' on the page following clicking the lookup option.

Bank of Scotland

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

*Apologies to mods, for starting a new thread, just thought the question was more relevant and visible, as it's own thread.

Rebel

***UPDATE***

MCOL claim filed 6th July.

As to the Address Issue, when I put in the Customer Relations Address from Leeds, it gave me an address for Halifax Plc, for those of you that may suffer the same dilemma I did, wondering if putting the Halifax Plc name instead of Bank of Scotland, would nullify your claim, I addressed this by using the following address based in England and selecting 'use the address I put in' on the page following clicking the lookup option.

Bank of Scotland

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

*Apologies to mods, for starting a new thread, just thought the question was more relevant and visible, as it's own thread.

Rebel

in my first claim against BoS I had letters from several different addresses, local branch. Dunfermline, Edinburgh and Leeds? so who knows where BoS really operate from/reside ? Good [problem] eh?

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

True,

I'd suggest, if you live in England, use the Leeds address. I read in the FAQ section that you couldn't use a PO Box number address when filing a claim at MCOL, so I thought I had to find a full address but the Leeds PO Box address was fine, my claim is in and am awaiting it being deemed served, acknowledged and defended. Then I'll return the AQ and await the outcome :)

Rebel

• 5 weeks later...

*****SETTLED IN FULL******

Prior to bank filing defence, received a letter stating BoS will refund me the FULL amount, including costs AND the 8% I listed PRIOR to filing my court claim. I stated that if I had MY money they unlawfully took, I could have invested it myself earning interest and therefore demanded they pay me 8% as I would get if I won in court, which was also half the 16.9% they charged on a loan of a similar amount. They paid up without a fuss, also, they miscalculated by 3pence and both phoned me and wrote to me apologising for the deficit, ensuring my 3p would be refunded ASAP :)

So girls and guys, stick at it :)

Addendum:....... OH and you guys that end up getting your money back !! HEY!! come on, give up a 5% PLEASE to this site, you would NOT have got a penny without help from this site AND from the guys and girls who run it and monitor it, so any of you not helping with a small donation, should be well ashamed.... nuff said.

Rebel

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks