Wording on LBA help needed please

Bankershost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Just writing my LBA for claim against Nationwide and I'm not sure about the wording. I am not sure what the following in the summary of the LBA applies to: plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Also I am requesting that they remove a default, the reasons given in the LBA draft are as follows: This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account. Can I leave this statement in it's entireity or am I required to use just one of these statements and delete the other?

Thanks for your help.

I used both statements and i requested my default removed under sec 14 i think it was which gives the court the power to order the default removed i bleieve.

Oh and before you ask no i havent had my default removed i have a hearing listed in the fast track with discolsure before the 6th march.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thanks Glenn and good luck with your claim, I would like to hear how you get on!

Do you not think that the LBA template is a bit misleading as it quotes the following to be added when requesting removal of defaults: plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998. I thought that section 7 referred only to disclosure.

sec 13 is compensation, 14 is power to remove, sec 7 as you say if ro rights of access.

So i guess if it fits a particualr claim or not as to how it should be altyered.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA