my brother Dave vs Halifax/Blair Oliver Scott!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am starting this new thread for my brother who is at his wit's end.

Having sent his prelim request for just under £400 two weeks ago, he declined their offer to refund £95.

He has now had a letter from their debt collection agency saying they want his overdraft paid off IN FULL - over £1000 or they will arrange a "house call".

It all was rather threatening.

He doesn't know what to do! Does he continue with his claim with the Halifax???

Does he contact Blair Oliver and Scott?

Should he start paying his debt off????

PLEASE! Any help is appreciated.

(Mods - please don't merge this with my other thread. Thanks)

xx

Guest Lueeze

s'ok wasnt going too!

Poor Dave!

Okay write to the agency saying the amount is being disputed and to back off until resolved.

Also tell them that if they do not stop calling within 7 days you will report them for breach of the Wireless Telgraphy Act 1998, and FSA regulations regarding communicating with customers.

That should hole em at bay for a few weeks at least!

Lou xxx

I really feel for him having to deal with Blair, Oliver Scott, they are some of the worst people I have ever spoken to, BT's "choose to refuse" is a wonderful thing though, not heard a peep from them in weeks.

Tell him to watch out though if he makes an arragement with them, they will still help themselves to his bank account whenever they want, regardless of him sticking to the aggreement.

I would suggest he gets another account elsewhere pretty quick and have his money paid in there.

I would suggest he gets another account elsewhere pretty quick and have his money paid in there.

Thanks for that guys. I'll ring him in the morning and tell him.

I think he has already arranged to pay his salary into another account. His girlfriend already had an account - and she has put his name on it so they are joint account holders now. (With another bank).

The thing is, the Halifax kept ringing him up telling him to pay off some of his overdraft - which he was doing, any spare cash left over was going into that account - and they would just continue to charge him - so the debt was never getting any smaller.

They just moved into their first home together last year and have a little boy to care for. Don't you just hate it when decent people are exploited like that??

I'll let you know what happens.

x

• 4 weeks later...

Well, he's filed his court action. He received an initial offer of £95, then a second offer to refund £200. Court action was initiated on Sunday 4th June.

He had no further letters from Blair Oliver Scott since telling them the amount was in dispute and that he is prepared to pay it off once the matter is resolved.

Wish him luck guys!

x

• 4 months later...

Any news on this.

My god mate thats a fair scar you've got!

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks