Alliance and Leicester (MBNA) Credit Card

bobbarker1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP.

I have a credit card debt with A&L which is in fact MBNA, My credit limit is £500.00 but with charges over the years etc my balance owing is £1900.00.

What can I do, I pay the minimum repayment every month example this month is £75.44 directly at a A&L branch. I had a verbal agreement that I could pay the minimum ammount only until I had got my feet on the ground, this was ages ago.

Once every 2-3 months I will get a call from our friends in india asking for my account too be put back into credit, but I tell them I cant afford this, which I can't and I do have an agreement to pay the minimum payment until I have sorted out what I am going to do. I do raise my voice and tell them I am very unhappy that they have called me again, this seems to work and I get another 2-3 months peace.This isn't easy as I live at home with parents who wouldnt understand and would just get very angry if they knew the truth. (is the letter about harrassing telephone calls usable in this instance)

I really need to sort this out, please can anyone advise what I can do. I have just won against Natwest for charges etc, is it worth going down this road with MBNA or is this opening a can of worms.

Thanks for any advice given.:)

01.03.07 SAR Letter Sent

06.03.07 Phone call from our friends in India (Any advice welcome)

15.03.07 Another call from our friends in India (Help Please)

04.04.07 Another call from our friends in India

10.04.07 40 Days up nothing.

11.04.07 DPA Non compliance letter sent, giving them 7 days to reply.

no do both letter & go for mbna

if you have ppi use or claim that back too! it might have been mis-sold...hint.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Assume by "our friends in India" that you mean Global Vantedge International. BT's Choose To Refuse doesn't work as it won't block calls from overseas. You could get Caller Display on your phone (free from BT Privacy) Calls from GVI come up as "unavailable" so you can filter them that way. If you feel like you've got to answer - just have some fun and ask for the operatives name - usually a hilarious English one, Edna Phillips,Scarlett Adams, Sabrina Scott etc. etc, obviously fake and then refuse to go through security. It's a pest but eventually they should stop. Hope this helps - good luck.

My hubby refuses to confirm details with them, tells them they should have his details as they are phoning us, they get really frustrated, gives us a bit of a giggle especially as they have no business chasing us as made payment with mbna as per arrangement.:D

madhouse5

I dont think they care. So why should we sympathize

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

• 2 weeks later...

I have again today had a call from our friends in India hassleing me, Would it be worth sending A&L (MBNA) the harresment by telephone letter. I also informed GVI that I am considering legal action if A&L (MBNA) have charged me excessive charges. Please can any give me some advice.Thanks:(

Just the one call from India - normally these come on the hour every hour!

Don't think a letter to MBNA will have any effect - the calls from GVI will eventually stop and you will be thrown to the tender mercies of RMA in the UK or some other parasite like MBNA's Irish call centre (lovely sympathetic people). Stick to your guns, don't be intimidated, it's not a personal thing - these people phone thousands a day so your case is fairly meaningless to them - and do everything in writing.

Good luck.

I agree keep everything in writing. If your going to send them a letter re harressment i would also complian to the police and the trading standrrds people to enforce it.

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

Getting scared, I keep reading how difficult MBNA are, time is a passing does anyone have any tips ready for the end of the fourty days if MBNA have not sent the statements, any help given will be great. Thanks again:) :)

Oh no! Don't be scared! Really, there is NOTHING to be scared of!! They should be SCARED of YOU!!!:rolleyes:

They probably will not comply within 40 days, they are running around like headless chickens! They will probably not comply at all in fact, they will send you a few random statements and return your payment and expect you to go through the whole thing again.........delaying tactics, not a generous gesture of doing you a favour that it appears to be!!

Wait til they have breached the 40 days, post here and let us know and we'll set you on your way!

Now then, stop this scared business OK??!!!:D

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Thanks for that, after being so lucky with Natwest, I wish this was as simple, this is my biggy, if I could sort this out my life would be on the straight and narrow again, financially. Thanks again.:)

And you will get it sorted.......have no fear!!!:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You'll have to deal with MBNA I'm afraid.

If you're going to SAR them, be aware that usually, they reply on about the 39th day, sending your £10 back and a bit of useless information, saying they have not treated it as a SAR, they sent you the info. for free out of the kindness of their heart, and if you need a proper SAR you need to start again with proof of identity and another £10.