B&Q letter charges

pdrskint
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I dont know if anyone can give me any advice ,

i have a b&q account and if you are late in settling at month end they send a letter which they charge £ 15.00 for the privalige.

anybody similar things , or should i forget about it/

This is a penalty charge for late payment and is no different from bank or credit card charges in that respect. Therefore you can claim it back by following the step-by-step instructions from this site.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

This is a penalty charge for late payment and is no different from bank or credit card charges in that respect. Therefore you can claim it back by following the step-by-step instructions from this site.

However the nature (business or consumer) of the account will have a direct bearing on the causes of action available and the OP should therefore be guided towards using only the appropriate pleadings.

If it is a straightforward consumer charge card I'd agree but I don't know how automatically B&Q operate their trade accounts and it may be they can run a more robust defence. Surely it's better that the OP supplies more facts so that appropriate advice can be given?

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

We have information and support for both business and consumer claims.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

We have information and support for both business and consumer claims.

I know, I just say that with a more complete fact pattern the OP can be (a) steered in the appropriate direction with regards to the advice on the site and (b) perhaps be more likely to attract further posts that are relevant to his particular situation.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Is this a trade credit account or a personal charge card type of account? Do they do anything else apart from write the letter (and charge)?

TYPE OF CARD IS TRADE ACCOUNT THE CHARGE OF £15 IS FOR THE LETTER SAYING YOU ARE LATE IN PAYING YOUR MONTHLY ACCOUNT OFF.