• Tweets

• Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer and that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim and don't add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the members of suggested above – it should be the final version. court, that I would respectfully requestup but I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Saj v LloydsTSB **WON**

saj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

FWIW they shouldn't be bouncing anything for under £10, and certainly not charging you for it. i was told this last year when they bounced an £11 chq for my daughters art pack at school.

the train of thought has left the station, hope i was on the right platform!!

Lloyds TSB

prelim sent 06/07/06 response rec'd 14/07/06

LBA sent 20/07/06 response rec'd 27/07/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/08/06 Ack'd 30/08/06

Defence filed 26/09/06 AQ filed 12/10/06

hearing set for 10th Jan 2007

Cap One

prelim sent 2nd Nov 2006 First offer rec'd 14th Nov

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. Just filling in AQ and am not clear whether I should be forwarding a copy to solicitors. The court letter doesn't mention it. I have seen posts saying to do it both ways. Any advice much appreciated. Saj x

SEE MY THREAD HERE...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/7358-saj-lloyds-tsb.html

Data Protection Act letter sent recorded delivery 15.5.06

Compliance 1.06.06

PAR letter sent recorded delivery 7.06.06

1st denial received 13/6/06

LBA letter sent recorded delivery 21.06.06 (received 22/6)

Moneyclaim filed 7/7/06, Served 15/7/06

Allocation questionaire returned 28/8/06

Court date 1st December :lol:

SETTLED UNCONDITIONALLY IN FULL 5.10.06

Sorry...ignore that. Hunting high and low for two days found nothing then as soon as I posted that I found it! Will forward a copy out of courtesy. Hmm.... shall I slip in an extra little note asking if they might like to settle now? Saj x

SEE MY THREAD HERE...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/7358-saj-lloyds-tsb.html

Compliance 1.06.06

Hello. Just wondering...is this letter to SCM OK? Broken brain...been a long day. Sentences are not flowing:| Any comments much appreciated... Saj x

Dear Sirs

Re. Claim no: 6QZ 44670

I am writing to enclose a copy of the Allocation Questionnaire relating to the above claim number. I have today forwarded this Allocation Questionnaire to Torquay County Court as instructed. I also enclose a schedule of the charges applied to my account as per my claim. This includes the date the charges were made to my account, the number of days since the charge was applied and interest at a rate of 8% APR for each charge.

I understand that in some similar cases you have entered into dialogue with the claimant in the hope that the matter can be settled before going to court.

I wonder whether your client would be prepared to try and reach a conclusion to this matter at this point.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Compliance 1.06.06

You have certainly had your work cut out with them on this one. It is tiresome for them to keep trotting out the same lame excuses, I hope you get a speedy settlement and ALL of your charges back at the same time

Good Luck:p

9/8/2006 Moneyclaim Submitted £490

15/8/06 Reply from court, Lloyds have acknowledged with intention to defend

11/9/06 28 days to the day defence submitted by Lloyds

13/9/06 AQ received reqd to return by 30/9/06 to Rugby CC

29/9/06 AQ completed and returned to court

I'd like to see things from the banks point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my a**.

Cheers chaps. A letter from SCM today with their AQ. They have requested a further month to "discuss", so halted the above letter and wrote this one below...haven't sent it yet but need to tomorrow...but would appreciate advice on whether I actually am allowed to demand this...Thanks Saj x

Dear Sirs

Re. Claim no: 6QZ 44670

Thank you for your letter dated 18th August 2006 which I have received today. I enclose a copy of the Allocation Questionnaire relating to the above claim number, as requested. I have today forwarded this Allocation Questionnaire to Torquay County Court as instructed. I also enclose a schedule of the charges applied to my account as per my claim. This includes the date the charges were made to my account, the number of days since the charge was applied and interest at a rate of 8% per year for each charge.

I see from your Allocation Questionaire that you have requested a further month to attempt settlement. I am unsure of why an extra month is necessary when I first contacted your client regarding this matter on 6/6/06. If your client is prepared to enter into setllement disucssions I would ask that this is done now. However, you may notice that the schedule of charges has three more charges on the list than the original list which I sent to your client with my preliminary letter requesting repayment of the charges. These three charges total a further £300 which your client has deducted from my account in the last six weeks.

I wish to make it clear that I would not be prepared to discuss settlement unless this amount was also taken into account.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.

Yours faithfully

Compliance 1.06.06

that sounds great could you write my letters for me! lol

Lloyds TSB Progess

first letter sent 10th June

Received reply 20th June

Second letter sent 30th June

Revieved final response 7th July

Filled in claim on line 30/07/06

Recieved Acknowledgment of service 4th August

Defence submitted 6th September

Allocation Questionnaire due back 20th Sept

Sent my Allocation Questionnaire back 10th Sept

Got there copy of Allication Questionaire 23rd Sept

Court date set for 25th Jan '07

Paragon Finance Progress

Sent first letter 24th August 2006

No reply so second letter sent 10th Sept 2006

Received letter back saying they are going to investigate my claim

Offer made by Paragon for full ammount plus interst! Rusult!!!

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

too kind:razz: Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

Thanks Feralkat! Good luck with yours too...let us know how you get on!

Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

hi Saj, have they not replied to your letter yet?

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

Hey jadest

No reply yet! Am wondering about giving them a call this morning as I am away with work for the beginning of next week.

Thanks for looking out for me :)

Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

Just back from work trip and still no response to my letter (and copy of my AQ)of 29th Aug, so called SCM. Spoke to a secretary who looked briefly and couldn't find any record of it. She said she'd call me back by 3 when I had to do school run, but she didn't. No surprises there then. Will try again tomorrow. Hope everyone's doing ok out there! Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

They are useless... Good luck... if no luck with phone call, write to them again

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Thanks Jadest..They phoned back this morning. Yes the letter dated 29th Aug arrived yesterday. I was surprised and she said it could have been held up in their post room(!) Was Mr Thomas available for a chat just now? No, she said, he was with a client. Would I like him to call me back? Yes, before 3. Did he call? Of course he didn't. Tiresome man. Then a letter from the court with a date of 1st December. Guess it's going to be a long wait! Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

Heya Saj :D

Looks things are progressing more or less well anyway - don't be disheartened, you're nearly there :)

Personally, I'd keep chasing them. Reading up on quite a few other people's threads, it seems to be around this point where Lloyds instruct SCM to settle - although of course SCM 'forget' or 'accidentally bypass' the settlement letter until later, more likely than not because they're so busy :D

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I reckon you're right Reload. I think I will hound Mr Thomas til he speaks to me on Monday:lol: Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

Had a response to my fax dated 10th Aug which went like this...

Dear ****

Thank you for your telephone call this morning. I am disappointed that you were unable to refund bank charges of £210.00 which were applied to my account **-**-** ******* at the close of business yesterday. These were applied despite my request to discuss them and have pushed my account over the overdraft limit and also taken up all of my Tax Credits for this week.

I would reiterate that I am doing my level best to run my account responsibly and can confirm that these charges will just push me into yet another cashflow difficulty such as the one that occurred last month and which created these charges in the first place. I have run my account within its limit all month and would ask you to please refund them as soon as possible with no charge made for going over my overdraft limit.

I should make it clear that I have already started a court claim against Lloyds TSB to reclaim bank charges (Claim no 6QZ 44670) and will not hesitate to begin another claim should this matter not be resolved.

I look forward to a positive outcome to this matter

Yours sincerely

The charges were taken and ruined my kids holiday....My letter was passed to the senior manager and he then passed it to compaints dept. Then today Jamie O'Neil sent me the " I've noted your comments, but unfortunately I cannot add any further information to our previous letter (WHICH BLOODY PREVIOUS LETTER?) or agree to your request. Since the bank's final response has been issued blah blah blah

This is complete rubbish. They charged me £25 for returning a £1.99 direct debit, another for £10.99 etc... how can they get away with this...7 DDs and 1 standing order in 24 hours . £210 of charges. I was only short because of the previous month's charges. They should be dragged into courts for this and I am going to do EVERYTHING I can to make sure my case ends up in court. What happens if one were to try to take this to court without requesting the refund of charges? Is there any way that can be done? How about just taking them to court for comnpensation for the upset and stress and in charging me £25 for a returned £1.99 is that a breach of anything? Feel so incredibly angry all the time about this. Sorry for the splurge :rolleyes:

saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

you are entitled to be angry, I think most of us are, they bounce my Motgage Payment so they could take there charges. They really are an institution that robs from the poor and gives to the rich.

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Dear Saj,

Use the anger! You will be much more likley to have a good outcome if you dont break the 'rules of angagement'. I got angry (albeit for much smaller reasons than yours) and then I got back on track and my timekeeping to the timescales that we are advised by the FAQs improved 100%. Get the money for Christmas (or before) and make it the best you ever had.

Best wishes,

Cat

29 March 2006 Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 1 (then she got a bit distracted but got another charge so...)

27 May Prelim letter sent for ac 1

27 May Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 2 & 3

21 June Prelim Letter sent for 2 & 3

14 July LBA sent with schedule for ac 1 & 2 & 3

7 August MCO filed – defence expected 10 September

11 September defence filed - signed Sean Copping

12 September AQ form received

18th September AQ sent back to Lambeth Court and copy sent to solicitors both recorded delivery

13th Feb 2007 Court Date Set

15th Feb Reclaimed Money is in my bank Account

Cat's opinions are those of a nurse and most definitely, definitely not those of an accountant or solicitor, although she was always quite good at sums and elocution.

Thanks Cat, wise words! And you too Jadest,...sure feels a supported place to be on this forum! Will try calling SCM in the morning, I guess my message to Mr Thomas may have got through and maybe a letter might follow this week without a phone call???? Unlikely but a restful weekend has helped and I'm back trying to see the good in people ;)

Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

Aaah...Progress at last! Spoke to Mr Thomas @ SCM this morning. Asked how his client wished to proceed in the light of the request for an extra month on the AQ. He asked to be excused briefly then returned to the phone, confirmed that the call was confidential and without prejudice, I confirmed it was, and he said his client had agreed to settle.

I mentioned the recent £300 of charges since I lodged the claim. He said the only way this owuold happen wsould be if I applied to the court for an increase in the claim, but the court costs for this (about £60 I think) would not be reclaimable from LTSB. I just thought to myself I'd start a new claim as I told the bank I would!

Anyway, he said to expect a letter within 2 days. I look forward to it I said :p

Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

FAB. The next claim will go a lot more smoothly. We have all been learning sooooo much by going through this process.

C

29 March 2006 Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 1 (then she got a bit distracted but got another charge so...)

27 May Prelim letter sent for ac 1

27 May Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 2 & 3

21 June Prelim Letter sent for 2 & 3

14 July LBA sent with schedule for ac 1 & 2 & 3

7 August MCO filed – defence expected 10 September

11 September defence filed - signed Sean Copping

12 September AQ form received

18th September AQ sent back to Lambeth Court and copy sent to solicitors both recorded delivery

13th Feb 2007 Court Date Set

15th Feb Reclaimed Money is in my bank Account

Cat's opinions are those of a nurse and most definitely, definitely not those of an accountant or solicitor, although she was always quite good at sums and elocution.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks