Saj v LloydsTSB **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DPA letter sent by recorded mail today. Thanks to everyone for your invaluable information on this site. I for one will be making a donation as soon as I reclaim £3K plus!:razz: Saj x

SEE MY THREAD HERE...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/7358-saj-lloyds-tsb.html

Data Protection Act letter sent recorded delivery 15.5.06

Compliance 1.06.06

PAR letter sent recorded delivery 7.06.06

1st denial received 13/6/06

LBA letter sent recorded delivery 21.06.06 (received 22/6)

Moneyclaim filed 7/7/06, Served 15/7/06

Allocation questionaire returned 28/8/06

Court date 1st December :lol:

SETTLED UNCONDITIONALLY IN FULL 5.10.06

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck. Update us when there's anything new, or you just want a bit of encouragement.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I am just about to go in search of a parachute account, but wonder if anyone can tell me whether they think Lloyds would be likely to shut my business accounts as well as my personal ones. Should I look for a parachute acc for my business too? I won't be claiming any charges back from the business acc...just the personal one.

Like many, have terrible credit score and a couple of settled CCJs and have been turned down for loan and overdraft increase many times. Finances run smoothly these days, but it seems to make no difference when applying for anything...remain tainted by one's history! Not sure where to try but for sure would be stumped without a cheque book and card. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Still no news from Lloyds but DPA confirmed delivered on 16th May to branch where my main account is held.

Thanks... :)

SEE MY THREAD HERE...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/7358-saj-lloyds-tsb.html

Compliance 1.06.06

We could never say for sure, but I think it unlikely the will close a separate account.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks... I wonder what kind of relationship with the bank would remain after this...e.g. what if I were to approach for a business loan in the future? My business accounts are held at a different branch to my personal ones, but all charges letters for all accounts are "signed":rolleyes: by my business manager. However, I sent the DPA letter to the personal acc manager (didn't use a name) who I don't know. Parachute accounts all round probably best if I can get them I guess...Thanks again. Saj

Compliance 1.06.06

Like many, have terrible credit score and a couple of settled CCJs and have been turned down for loan and overdraft increase many times. Finances run smoothly these days, but it seems to make no difference when applying for anything...remain tainted by one's history! Not sure where to try but for sure would be stumped without a cheque book and card. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Hello Saj, you could try RBS. This is from their website-

"The Bank's commitment to innovation means that last year it became one of the first High Street banks to remove the "repayable on demand" clause from business overdrafts and now offers almost every financial product - from mortgages to stakeholder pensions - online. It was the first bank to develop a basic bank account for the financially excluded, the Key Account, and also offers a basic business bank account"

As for your cheque book....online banking is the answer. I am in the same boat as you and I haven't used a cheque for two years. BACS, DD, BO or cash sorts everything. I only visit the bank to pay in.

If you are able to set up facilities (no matter how basic) elsewhere, then you can happily stuff LTSB with no worries about retaliation. The money you receive will aid your rehabilitation and you should, in time, be able to add back those other facilites.

Good luck with your claim.

Onwards and upwards

Elsinore

• Confused 1

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

Thanks so much Elsinore

I'll look into that tomorrow!

Saj :)

Compliance 1.06.06

Pile of statements and list of charges arrived today! Off to the beach with a highlighter!;)

Compliance 1.06.06

Hello. Have gone through the list now and without interest it's £3162! There are 2 charges on the list which I am not sure if I can claim back. There are some old Unauth'd borrowing fees for £10. Can I claim them back as they are under the £12 cited by the OFT? Also over some months in 2001 some charges called "O/draft Usage Fee" They appear every month for about 4 months and are for £25. Are they reclaimable?

Also, I understand I can't claim the 8% interest unless it goes to court, but am I correct in thinking that i may be able to claim some of the Overdraft interest back at this stage if I use Vampiress' spreadsheet? I only have the list supplied by Lloyds so am quite limited in info regarding dates like the actual "date of offence". Sorry if I have missed something. Seem to spend half my days reading this site, but despite being an intelligent girl most of this is a very steep learning curve. Thanks if anyone has a moment to help with this..... saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

hi jonni2bad if you see this, just saw your reply to **claire** re same questions. I guess with same type of generated list as opposed to statements I probably don't have enough info to go down that route...unless it's possible to request the information....is it? Saj :)

Compliance 1.06.06

Humiliation in Natwest today as they refused to open a Step acc on the spot:( Applied to Experian for credit file so that can continue application. In the meantime sent request to Lloyds today for a refund of charges totalling £3172....

Compliance 1.06.06

Humiliation in Natwest today as they refused to open a Step acc on the spot:( Applied to Experian for credit file so that can continue application. In the meantime sent request to Lloyds today for a refund of charges totalling £3172....

Did Natwest suggest that you obtained your credit file? In what way do they suppose that it will aid your application?

Onwards and upwards

Elsinore

Hi Elsinore

Yes, the woman said the application had been refused automatically. She said if they could see my credit file they could apply for a Step account manually - sending paperwork through to head office (or something). But although I'd asked for a Step account specifically, she had Current account on the screen. I said I don't want a current account but she said the system would just offer the best type of account for me. In that type of situation it's hard to argue (and belive me I can argue with the best of 'em!) Anyway, if after supplying my credit file it doesn't come through then I will chuck all my toys out the pram!

She also said (don't know if it's really true) that they wouldn't give me an account without seeing a month's bank statements from my existing bank acc, and that there had to be no returned items in the last month. This doesn't add up to what you said before, but as it's a tiny little bank in a tiny little town, it seems hard to go in there and try and deal with someone else to argue this unless I am very sure...

Saj:)

Compliance 1.06.06

Have you tried opening a Step account online?

It's quite straightforward fom the Natwest homepage.

My credit rating is quite frail & I had no problems.

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Sounds like a "COMPUTER SAYS NO" moment!!

So the computer automatically offers you the best account and then turns you down??

Honestly, don't they try your patience??

Take Kazzaw's advice and try online.

Onwards and upwards

Elsinore

Actually that was exactly what it was like.:p

Will go down the online route...

Thanks guys x

Compliance 1.06.06

Aaah...the 1st sod off. Exactly as promised. But signed by Ms Musarat Siddique - the customer service officer. Well, not actually signed by her. Her name's at the bottom of the letter but the signature (in biro!) is someone elses. Terrible ettiquette! She also kindly enclosed a leaflet called "How to voice my concerns". It's as though she doesn't like the way this is going! x

Compliance 1.06.06

Sounds like a standard letter form what i have ssen here, go for it best of luck!!!!!

Lloyds TSB (SARS) request sent 9th June 2006

£2191 Moneyclaim Issued 11/08/2006, Acknowleded 17th August Defence 14 Sep, AQ returned 5/10/2006.SETTLED IN FULL £2,670 26/11/2006/ Lloyds Credit Card SETTLED IN FULL £267

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL 15/09/2006 £829

Citicard (SARS) request sent 22nd June 2006 Moneyclaim issued 19th Sep, Defence and AQ received 5/10/2006, AQ returned 5/10/2006, part refund received 10/10/2006

GE MONEY SETTLLED IN FULL £400

Barclaycard Me and Mrs SARS sent 19/10/2006 settled £350

Welcome Finance PPI 2 accounts one settled £1018 waiting on other

GE Money PPI 1 account settled 8/5/2008 £560 2nd account SETTLED IN FULL £3,599.78p 15thAugust 2008

Lloyds TSB PPI CC complaint sent 10/04/2008

Black Horse PPI with FOS 20/05/2008

HFC PPI complaint sent 22/05/2008

Hi lovely people. Am ready to send LBA now, but am scheduled to recieve more charges in July. Is it ok to put in LBA that I require them to NOT take them? Or does it just confuse the issue? e.g....

I require repayment in full of this money. I also require the charges scheduled to be taken from my account in July, not to be taken. I would not have been over my overdraft limit and there would have been sufficient funds to pay all standing orders and direct debits had you repaid the money as requested. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest, plus my costs and without further notice.

Thanks for help

Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

Hi Saj.

I don't think the extra paragraph is a problem, but don't hold your breath expecting them to act on it. I'd be surprised if they take note of any particulars in the letters that they are getting now, just chuck them on the pile and bang off the standard responses. If they debit the charges then you can

a) counter with an increased figure if they make an offer to settle, or

b) add it to your court claim.

If they do add the charges I hope it doesn't cause you too much grief.

Onwards and upwards

Elsinore

Talking of computer says no lunacy. I already have a basic cash account with Lloyds and am claiming money back on it, however before all the S**T happened I went in to add my wife to the account thereby making it a joint account, and got the "sorry the computer says no" response. No further explanation just "No!".

I actually feel like attending a shareholders meeting (guess I will buy shares first!) and say I expect that the board members will NOT be getting a bonus this year as their job is obsolete! Why? Well according to your own staff the computers are running the bank now not humans!!!

Thanks Elsinore

I will go ahead with it. I thought I had read I could add it whe I get to the Moneyclaim stage, but the forum's got so huge now it's hard to find stuff again unless you bookmark it! Cheers Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

Talking of computer says no lunacy. I already have a basic cash account with Lloyds and am claiming money back on it, however before all the S**T happened I went in to add my wife to the account thereby making it a joint account, and got the "sorry the computer says no" response. No further explanation just "No!".

I actually feel like attending a shareholders meeting (guess I will buy shares first!) and say I expect that the board members will NOT be getting a bonus this year as their job is obsolete! Why? Well according to your own staff the computers are running the bank now not humans!!!

Ludicrous! Not sure whether Lloyds shares (or any bank shares come to that) are likely to be a decent bet in 12 months time!

Good luck with the claim

Saj

Compliance 1.06.06

LBA sent today with addition requesting they don't charge charges in July as threatened in their letters received last week.

Feeling a bit scared suddenly :eek:

Saj x

Compliance 1.06.06

No reason to be scared Saj - Lloyds are still sticking to their exact same process with every single bleedin claim, from what I've seen - and I hang around the Lloyds forum like a bad smell. In other words, they're burying their head in the sand and hoping we'll go away ;)

As Elsinore said though - don't hold your breath about the July charges. Not only do they seem to not read and digest the content of the letters we send, it wouldn't surprise me to hear the letters are automatically scanned, translated into text by some form of OCR program, and 'read' by a computer which sends out the corresponding template letter! :D

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks