Some questions not in the FAQ

laz001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been speaking to my friend who is a law student.

He says that although the claim against a bank is valid (this is in my words, apologise for any misinterpretation), for overcharging, how much can you claim? If the charge is £25, surely SOME of that charge is VALID and you therefore should only be able to cliam say, £20 of it, the £5 remaining being a valid charge by the banks.

Therefore, should i just do what everyone else has done and just file for the full £25 each charge, and let the bank sort out the ACTUAL cost of the charges or something else?

Thanks,

Laurence

Guest Lueeze

File for all of it, as the banks are yet to proove how much it their "actual" cost to them is.

Good Luck!

Lou x

and i guess the banks WON'T do this, as if they do, then 'the cat is out of the bag' so to speak

I have ordered my staements. Seriously, have people actually got money from the banks? Who here has, and how much? I am reading through the forums, but i just see 'offers' of x amount, not anyone saying the case is actually closed! Anybody actually finished up, and got their money?

Thanks,

Laurnece

Hi Laurence,

From your response I believe you have not fully familiarised yourself with the forums. I would suggest you spend a couple of days reading the FAQs and library section - you need to be fully prepared for your claim, as it could end up in court.

If you check the 'Litigation Concluded' forum you will see that hundreds of people have got their money back. Additionally, you can see the 'refunds' survey here (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/surveyresults.php) to see how much is being paid out by the banks.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

thanks spiceskull. I have read through the faqs and templates and library, but thanks for pointing me to the lititigation page, didn;t realise what that was for. I've only ordered my statements recently, got it for £5 so i got a while to read up some more.

!

Cool - that's fine. Good luck with the claim and keep us posted. 8)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks