worried

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya im new at this and not sure if im on the right part.

im looking in to getting my bank charges back havent started yet as i am worried about them closeing my joint account. my h/b is in army and is currtly away so he needs to have a cheqe book to recive money, i am finding it diffacult to open another account with a cheqe book as we had bad credit, and not sure if he could get his wages trasfered to new account if i could open one ( contact is limited with him so am unable to explain things to him) im not sure what to do i would really like to start claiming now or is it best to wait:confused:

Guest ian cognito

Nobody can guarantee your account will not be closed but it seems the only banks who are definitely closing accounts are A & L and Nationwide, A&L have recently had their wrists slapped for it.

Post in your own bank forum where people who have dealt with them will give you advice.

Good luck

Hiya kcom,

Welcome to the forum.

The chances of them closing your haliprat account is very minimal. They seem to only close accounts if multiple claims are submitted.

They normaly send you a letter like a slapped hand, thats naughty dont do it again type of thing. :p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Kcom --- I've successfully claimed back from the Halifax and they didn't close my account.

They did state on the telephone that they reserve the right to close the account if it is not run properly in the future. At the same time though, they also agreed to refund my claim in full :D

Best wishes.

jaxads xx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

hiya, im about to send a letter aksing for my staments but have £79 charges coming out tommorow and dont know weather to go to bank and ask for them to refund them and still claim or is it better to leave it and do it all togther, im not starting my claim untill may when h/b will be nearly home!!

Every charge you get can be added up till you file at court,

If you think they might refund the £79, it might be worth a try, but i think its doubtful they will.

If you are not wanting to go ahead with your claim until you b is home then you might as well get the statements and read up on it, so you will be prepaired when you get them.

If you need any help, just shout. :D

If i have been any help, please click on my scales.......:D ....Thanx

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Kcom

I had a letter from Halifax last week stating that they were going to take £60 worth of charges from my account for going £7.49 overdrawn. I immediately called them up and they refunded the £60 'As a gesture of goodwill'. I did state that I was in the process of claiming ALL charges back over the past 6 years and it seemed to do the trick. You've got nothing to lose apart from the cost of your phone call. If they don't refund them just add them to your claim.

I'm at the stage where I've sent in my request for statments going back 6 years and am still waiting for them but this site is sooooo helpful and everybody is great it;s like a family so don;t feel like your alone in all of this, we're all here to support each other.

xxxx

• Haha 1

thanks powell2619, im just hopeless on the pone or talking get really scared lol, but i will give it a go like you say what have i got to lose, did you call your local branch??

Hi Kcom

I just phoned the 08457 20 30 40 number and spoke to one of the customer services lady there, she was a bit offish wit me and did remind me that I accepted the charges when I opened the account, however I did also state that the charges were unlawfully excessive and if she could show me a breakdown of what the charges were for then I was happy to accept them......she then refunded them graciously!!!!

Give it a go!!

hiya i went in to bank and asked for 5years staments as account only opened in 02, was told a £5 charge i paid, the women asked why i wanted them, told her i was claiming bank charges back she just said that they will b about 10days.

someone also told me that i only have untill april to start claming as the banks are change the charges soon and then will only be able to claim the diffrence, so im going to go to my familys office and tell them what im doing so if the account closed while husband still away they will b able to sort some paymenat for him

There seems to be a lot of confusion & panic about the report the Office of Fair Trading will be publishing in April re. charges. The OFT do not make laws. They have no powers to make laws. They can make recommendations. Whatever they come up with in April, the banks & financial institutions will still have to justify that their charges are lawful. They are not permitted to make any profit or gain from their charges. Until such time they can prove their charges are true, fair and justified - NOTHING CHANGES

hiya i went in to bank and asked for 5years staments as account only opened in 02, was told a £5 charge i paid, the women asked why i wanted them, told her i was claiming bank charges back she just said that they will b about 10days.

someone also told me that i only have untill april to start claming as the banks are change the charges soon and then will only be able to claim the diffrence, so im going to go to my familys office and tell them what im doing so if the account closed while husband still away they will b able to sort some paymenat for him

This information is total rubbish, it is being peddled by Mse site. The credit card companies have tried this £12 approach I personally have reclaimed this amount from Capital One.

You will still be able to reclaim charges even if they re capped by the OFT at £12. The £12 is still not a true cost to administer a failed DD etc.

Check out Bookies link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/70359-about-oft-impending-report.html#post605007