Just started and they said... No

JWhite

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short, I opened an account with A&L about six months ago as I am currently claiming against another bank and some how within those 6 months I've cgot £90 of chanrges and I hardly use the account!!!

So I wrote off to them with the standard letter from this site and with in no more than 2-3 days I got a letter back saying the charges are fair and they're not movng.

.. Now I have to have a bit f a read up on this bank before taking it further but jsts wondered if this was the norm for them??

Thanks in advance!

yep

ignore it carry on.with claim

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi just stick to the timescale , you will probably end up filing a MCOL i have just received refund of just short of £2000 after starting 8 weeks ago ,(charges accumulated over 10 mths (across 3 accounts) )

send everything to the same address i used bootle, with a copy of your schedule

good luck ,make sure you down load your statements

Vicmar

if this has been help please tip my scales

HSBC Full offer accepted!!£3613.39 :D

(Payment paid into bank 29/01/07)!!

A & L offer recived in full

account threat of closure

reported to FOS 5/04/07

Mint offer accepted in full

Studio Pre lim sent 05/04/07

MBNA SAR sent

Awaiting SAR doc from Creation finance

• 2 weeks later...

Urgent help needed:

Sent my final letter before taking action to them a week and a half ago, which I posted to both the local branch and to their main address. Today I had a letter stating that since I have not been in contact with them (I hae made contact to which I had replies from them reading "charges were fair and no action will be taken") that they have now closed my bank account and will take action by 12th March.

Now, here come the silly part, I called them up and as I wanted it from the horses mouth why they can't get their customer services right, the answer I got (which I recorded and informed them I was doing so) was they have only just received my final letter and they will get back to me within 28 days!! I asked them why was this letter being dealt with differently as it is a near duplicate as my others which was just snubbed at. She said she didn't know and to ignore the letter about taking action as they were now looking into it, and that if I didn't wait I was being unfair to them!:o

.. So what I need to know is should I wait until my schedule of next monday before making a claim (which just so happens is the date they are taking action), or, do I trust them and wait up to 28 days.. or do I just take their final letter as they are just ignoring me and/or playing about and make a claim right away

Hi jwhite as far i'm concerned, don't wait 28days, keep to the timescale on this site otherwise they could take as long as they want. And in a month's time they'll call you and say the need more time whats the point?

besides, the issue in question is not a difficult one they have thousands of claims going so its not complicated nor is it unique. Send the next letter.

as to your acc closure, write to them stating that you have been given contracditory information and you want them to confirm if they are going to close your acc. Also let them know if they close it, you will complain to the ombudsman

Just had a letter n the post that they are refunding my bank account, though due to the nature of my situation it does not make money in my hand, but it does return the account to £00.00 which I'm happy with.

Now, it also states in the letter they will still be closing my Bank account and that they can not remove any default notices due to it being correct, now I'm going to write them a letter as I can't tell if they mean they have put something on my credit record or if they can't change whats already on there??!But is there a free way online to check my record?

Oh by the way I'm about to check in town if my account is closed and if it is off goes another letter (also asking about my credit record)....... How they must love me!!

yes there is a way to check go to creditexpert.co.uk or Equifax.co.uk you can have a free 30 day trial, also you can add notice of correction (all explained on site) it work for me with HSBC & GE Money supported with a letter i have just checked my file and they have ammened data just wait for A & L though if it is a true default you may need further advice my was just stating (late payments) missed payments but it worked, i used some info on this site in my letters will post them later if i can do it

hope this helps

Vicmar

tip my scales if useful

reported to FOS 5/04/07

MBNA SAR sent

Hi jwhite these are the letters i sent

GE Money

PO Box 848

Liverpool

L71 2XX

23rd February 2007

Dear Sir / Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBERS: XXXXXXXXX

I am writing to complain about the data entry you have added to my credit file showing that I have made a late payment / missed payment. I wish entry to be removed as I notified you that the payment had missed due to switching banks and payment was made promptly by cheque.

I have been a customer of GE Money since 2002 and my account has run smoothly until this little hiccup therefore I think it is unfair that you have put this black mark against my credit file.

I request that you remove this mark as a gesture of goodwill as you have done with the charges.

For your records I enclose a copy reference of the credit reference taken from Experian I have also added a note on my credit file stating this “mishap” was due to switching banks and not due to anything else.

Please note I will take my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman if I do not receive a satisfactory response.

I look forward to your response.

this is a copy of the letter i sent to ge money

HSBC i just phoned first with my original complaint, and then replied to their response, and then follwed that up with another letter this week

this is the letter i sent to them

HSBC Bank Plc

Harry Weston Road

Binley

Coventry

CV3 2TQ

5th March 07

Dear Mrs Bailey

Ref: - XXXXXXXAC

Thank you, for your letter dated 13th February 2007 regarding my complaint regarding adverse data held against my husband and my name, I have recently checked with both Experian and Equifax regarding adverse data held and it still shows to date that the account XXXXXX has still having adverse data against my husband and my name.

My initial complaint was that ALL adverse data was to be removed against ALL accounts held with you and as of date this still has yet to happen. Therefore I will give you a further 7 days to amend this data before I take this complaint further to the ombudsman as I have already given you 21days to comply with your response to my previous letter. I have enclosed a copy or your response and a copy of my original letter for your records.

For your information I have added a notice of correction to my files held with Experian and Equifax stating the adverse data was due to excessive penalty charges, which you have refunded.

I look forward to your response in this matter.

all you can do is try!! good luck

vicmar

tip my scales if helpful

reported to FOS 5/04/07

MBNA SAR sent

Thanks I've ust had a look at the credit agencies and it seems like there are some marks against my name!!..Letter to be posted on Monday!

But as I looked through I saw some old items such as mobile phones which say Current balance = Satisfied. Does this mean the same as Settled??

yes , it can make interesting reading and can remind you to close any inactive account, but to make sure you can always write to them to get confirmation.

good luck

reported to FOS 5/04/07

MBNA SAR sent