Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 734 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I've been reading everything I can on this site for the last 2 days, and as I'm not the brightest of people :Cry: , I need some info in laymans terms please!

ok over the last 6 years my bank has had thousands of money off me by charges, I've just looked at the charges over the last 4 months online and it has totalled £180.00!!! and thats just 4 months!!

I've requested my statements off them for the last 6 years (just now), I did this online, ok so thats how far I have got, here's my questions:

when they come do I write down ALL the charges and there dates? then what? (what letter do I send then?) as stated before I'm not that bright.

if they send me a fob-off letter, what letter would I send back to them? or do I just head to the online court and start to sue?

if I goto court do I have to pay (I recieve income support)?

I'm a very nervous person, and not so smart either, would I beable to get a solicitor to help me fight for my money back in court?

I would really love a basic step-by-step procedure to follow please, and I do mean: number 1 do this......... number 2 do this........ etc,

also when I get my statements and I add up the charges and post them here could someone do the interest for me?

this would be a great help, Thank you!

Tina

Data Protection Act letter sent 10/04/2006,

priliminary letter sent 23/05/06,

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

deemed to be served 25/06/06

Abbey Acknowledged with intent to defend, they have got until: 23/07/06

50% offered + interest, rejected: 21/07/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you I was stupid!! I've read that before too!! how thick am I :( I wouldn't pay for the solicitor either (I think),

and having someone who will understand whats going on and can tell me in simple form would really help too, so now I'm just waiting for the statements, Thanks Dave :lol:

Stupid Tina :oops:

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

reading through again, can you tell me what this means:

You will need to apply for a judgment

Thanks

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

It beats me why this issue isn't being swarmed by solicitors offering to help on a no win/ no fee basis. At the moment it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

I think that the reason is that most solicitors prefer a safe bet which they undersatnd and they like their routine and blah blah etc - apologies to the 2 or 3 solicitors who come here.

Hope this isn't elsewhere on the site, but saw the post above about no win/no fee and remembered seeing this after a google search the other day

http://www.bankcomplaints.co.uk

Might be helpful to someone who just doesn't feel up to standing up in court and fighting their case.

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

It beats me why this issue isn't being swarmed by solicitors offering to help on a no win/ no fee basis. At the moment it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

It would not be worth it to a solicitor to get a percentage in the Small Claims Court as most of them like to charge a couple of hundred an hour

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 1 month later...

can I send a £10 postal order with the DPA letter as I don't have a check book? I've asked for my 6 years statements online (3/3/06) but have not heard nothing, so I'm going to send the DPA letter instead is this ok?

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

can I send a £10 postal order with the DPA letter as I don't have a check book? I've asked for my 6 years statements online (3/3/06) but have not heard nothing, so I'm going to send the DPA letter instead is this ok?

No reason why not.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

thank you! will get on to it then =)

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've sent off my DPA + £10 RD on 10/04 and if my bank don't send me my statments, I then report them to the information commissioner, what happens then? what would I do? because I haven't heard nothing from them at all yet!

would I have to apply all over again? or would I just have to guess the amount they owe me and continue with the letters, then court?

Thanks in advance!

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

Guest Lueeze

I think you can just take them to court anyway with a estimate and then the bank would have to explain why they didnt provide the info and also prove the amount is incorrect and try to explain their actions.

Cross that bridge if you come to it. The bank has 40 days to comply and it's certainly not unusual for it to take more than 11 days. If you look at the forum for your bank you should find details of the experiences of others who are further down the path with them.

thanks for the replies,

I've have been reading about Abbey's delay tacktics and that's why I've asked what to do incase this happens, I haven't however read what others have done, as it doesn't say (yet), but I will keep on reading ;)

I know what to do if they send me that microthingy rubbish though :D

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

• 2 weeks later...

22nd of May is the 40 day time-up from my sent (hand written) DPA letter along with a £10 postal order, I've not recieved ANYTHING! not even fob-off letters!

I know they will leave it until the last possible second, but my question is, do I report them if they just send out some of the statements and/or a micro-thingy letter?

if I don't get what I want from them (6 years statements) then I report them to the ICO, can I just guess and send off my letter before action?

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

Just relax. I'm still waiting to hear from NatWest, on a similar timescale to you. When they have two weeks left to comply, I'm going to send them another letter to remind them. I'd advise you to do the same if you've not heard from them by then, too. Getting worked up isn't going to help you any.

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

more like impatience than worked up lol. But will follow what youv'e said thanks!

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

Sexy avatar, btw...

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

I'm the same with Halifax.

Leave it 2 weeks from letter, phone them, explain nicely what you've done (It's not the help desks fault)

Explain you haven't received anything yet, you know it's 40 days, but you just want to make them aware.

Note the name of the person, the date and time then follow it up by a letter confirming the conversation with aforementioned paerson.

As you've sent a postal order, also write off to the postal order correspondence section (address from post office) asking for proof of cashment. You'll have to include a photocopy and details of who it was payable to. That way you have proof they've received payment.

Don't forget, they do have 40 days to comply, they've just started dragging their heels a bit.

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

Thank you!!

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

my situation so far, DPA letter sent with £10 fee on the 10/04/06 recieved statements for 01/02/05 to 01/05/06, sent them a reminder letter 11/05/06 that they only had 11 more days to send out the rest, today recieved this letter:

Thank you for your further letter dated 11 may 2006 regarding your request for a copy of the transactional data held about your bank account.

I confirm that you have been given all the transactional data you are entitled to under the dta protection act as you have been provided with all the transactional details that are held on our systems. As previously advised, any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this infomation.

as these microfiche records are not held as part of a relevant filling system, they are not covered by the data protection act and will not therefore be supplied to you under a section 7 data protection act request. However, I confirm that arrangements have been made for the microfiche records to be sent to you in due course.

yours sincerely

Sheena Small

the reminder letter I sent WAS the microfiche letter in the sticky, they ignored it, so what now?

they have 7 days left until the DPA 40 days are up, and I'm stuck, plz help!

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx

Account Number: xxxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx/xx/xx, outlining that you could only provide me with printouts covering certain transactions on my account, because earlier information is not held on a computer system or a structured relevant filing system and therefore, they do not fall under the Data Protection Act of 1998. (*I also acknowledge receipt of the information you forwarded.) *assuming they have sent you some.

My request was for a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my account since xx/xx/xx – in short, a list of charges with dates and amounts – alternatively, a complete set of account statements for that period will be acceptable. This should be retrievable from your accounting systems, and easy for you to produce.

I will accept a computer print out of these transactions.

I am aware that you have been willing and able to provide other customers with a print-out of transaction information covering this period – and am ready to bring this to the attention of the Information Commissioner should it prove necessary.

As you will be aware, as of (*this date*) you have just XX days (insert days remaining since they received your original request) in which to comply with my request. As stated above, a complete set of account statements for the period in question will be acceptable; however, I expect this to be provided within the time period for DPA compliance.

Should there be any further attempts to delay compliance, I will be left with no alternative but to escalate this matter into an official complaint to the Information Commissioner and/or the County Court under s.7 and/or s.13 Data Protection Act

Yours faithfully,

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I sent that one and had the above letter in reply,

Abbey said ''as these microfiche records are not held as part of a relevant filling system, they are not covered by the data protection act and will not therefore be supplied to you under a section 7 data protection act request''

is this not true then?

thank you anyway for the reply

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

See THIS THREAD and in particular, post number 7 - a response from the IC regarding this subject.

I think you should now make a complaint to the IC about Abbey witholding the information you have requested. You might wish to also write to Abbey again, letting them know a complaint has been issued, and copy some of the text of the IC letter - it might just push them to get their act together.

Otherwise, the IC should force them to...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for the help!

LBA sent 7/06/06

claim issued 23/06/06

AQ recieved 27/07/06,

AQ posted back 09/08/06

Court date 13/12/06

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 734 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you