Me V's Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well was on duty (paramedic) and popped into my branch and on the off chance asked for last 6 years of statements no problem sir!

Didnt get charged or anything.

Anyway had phone call this morning to say the statements where in and went down there. Asked the lady to point out what code denotes a charge and she didnt know and had to ask for help turns out 94D is the charge code.

have gone home and say down searching for the 94D code the problem i have had is there is diffrent amounts £ wise most are the £39 charge but some are £28 £60 even one for £118 now does this sound like i am reading it wrong and should i go down to my branch and ask them to go with it with me??

Any suggestments would be brilliant

Cheers Peeps!

Hi Mattie,

That sounds fine. Mine were all over the place like that.

When you do your spread sheets just put what it says on your statement....

Charges as notified...........amount...........date

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Mattie,

That sounds fine. Mine were all over the place like that.

When you do your spread sheets just put what it says on your statement....

Charges as notified...........amount...........date

Just thought that £116 £188 where very high charged was under the impression that is was a standard £39 is that not the way it works?

Do u think i need to go down and speak to them and ask them to explain the charges?

Cheers for your help bit daunting

Some of mine were clumped together. I had some at £39, £28 £90

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hiya!! a lot of my charges were clumped together too (a lot of £70's) so just list them as they are, even i cant explain why they do this??

Regards

TRaci

Halifax... claimed £1629 feb 2007.

Abbey..... started claim feb 2007.

Hi mattie457,

A lot of my charges were clumped together...at 1 time the charges were just put on at the end of the month so I have 1 charge of £330.00!!

My claim has just been filed with MCOL 9Court) as I haven't received any offers. :(

Everyone's very helpful here so just ask if you need help!! & Good Luck!! :)

Hi Mattie457

Where they've clumped your charges together, clump them right back!!!!!!

Just put on your spreadsheet exactly what they've charged you. Those charges must have been from when they used to make charges at the end of the month and put all the charges as one debit. Now they charge after 7 days!!!

I was successful with the Halifax earlier this year, have a read of my thread to see how I got on :D :D :D

Remember this is YOUR claim, so stick to YOUR timescales and don't take notice of the stalling letters you will receive!!

If you've any queries or need help or advice, just post a message and someone will get back to you.

Best wishes.

jaxads xx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

They dont have to reply, and chances are they wont.

But in 14 days send the next one regardless. :D

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon ppl!

Right woke up today and there was letter from Halifax saying.

"The finician sevices authority gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints

our commitment to you is that we will respond to your concerns at the earliest opportunity. However we want to ensure that the issues you have raised are thoroughly investigated. If for any reason we are unable to respond fully to your concerns within the next 4 weeks we will write to you and update you on progress"

Now do i send the second letter and give them another 14 days or something diffeerent?

Matt

No need to phone, just send.

F&Q's... Read here

Right after help from SSL bless your cottons! I have sent off the LBA today so will give them 14 days to reply then see what happens!

You would of thought that with all the people claiming they would of come up with a better standard letter!!

Will keep u updated!!

:p

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

Right LBA was sent off on the 9th registard post still hadnt heard anything since so rang them today and spoke to some chap.

Was told that they have 4 weeks to address the complaint and due to them having so many of the charge complaints they are snowed under.

Told the chap i had given them 2 weeks from the 9th then would be starting the small claims court proccess. He asked for my phone number as they were operating a "pilot" scheme where people might a get a phone call to sort this out.

So......we shall see.

Any advice SSl x

Matt

You were right to tell them they only had 2 weeks. They are trying to fob off as many people as they can now.

It sounds like they might be phoning you with an offer. Remember if they offer you less than your full amount you can haggle and most of the time they will give in.

If you dont get the amount you hope for tell them you have the court papers ready and will be filing on the 24th March and they will then incur the interest and fees.

That normally does the trick ;)

If not then file on the 24th.

F&Q's... Read here

No advice needed..! You are spot on...;)

Let us know how you get on with your phone call. Good luck

F&Q's... Read here