New Recruit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. First time on the site and am looking to join the the growing army of claimants and feel confident that you will keep me right in the process.

I'll be looking at charges incurred on an account which I closed in 2004. Any problems in this?

First naive question. Where do I send my first letter asking for details of said charges....Local Branch or Head Office.

Looking forward to your assistance and wishing everyone in the process, the best of look

Ray

Hello and welcome,

Which bank are you claiming against?

try these:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/53241-cant-find-what-youre.html

In most of the individual bank sections there will be a sticky (unmovable post near top of page) that has that banks particular details such as where to send and who you need to address it to.

No problems that I know of in claiming against a closed account.

Good luck

Guest louis wu

Fontgary, just a quick word of caution.

Before you start, have a good read of the FAQ's, and try to get a feel for the process you are beginning. All the knowledge and info is here, it just sometimes takes a while to find it, which is why a basic undersatnding of WHAT you are doing, and WHY you are doing it is essential.

Not trying to lecture, but the biggest mistake made is rushing into a process, that whilst is not overly complicated, can be a potential minefield.

Best of luck

Hi Fontygary, as Mochamoo said their isn't a problem with claiming on a closed account, as banks/institutions legally have to keep records of accounts for 6 years, although the con with that is you cant claim for charges before 6 years!

In most cases you should generally write to customer services dept, but to be honest if you have several addresses, for the sake of stamp costs, I would send to all available addresses! (thats purely my opinion!)

In fact scrub that last note, If its statement of charges that your requesting from your old bank I would assume the customer services dept will help, dont let them fob you off with excuses, as again, they legally have to keep records for 6/7 yrs! Good Luck and keep us posted!

Guest louis wu

Just a quick correction mauritius, people are claiming back more than 6 years, but only if they already have their own statements. Perhaps not relevent in this thread, but ray may have other accounts to challenge at a later date.

Also, send EVERYTHING recorded delivery.

• 5 months later...

Hi again.

It's been a while since I posted but I am now at the stage where I have received my Allocation Questionaire from the Court.

I little more advice required, SECTION G 'Other information'. Within these forums a Draft order for Directions is mentioned.

Is it necessary to complete this or, if not, is it advisable, and is there any advantage in doing so.

Your guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update. AQ due Sept 3 sent in good time, presumably YB had the same timescale.

Letter rec'd today from the Court advising that YB have until Sept 12 to submit their AQ otherwise an award will be made due to default.

I wait with baited breath.

Cheers

Ray