A & L and GLOBAL HELP

bach

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Can anyone advise next step please re unsecured loan for £15000 with A & L

Had arrangement with Global to pay

£25 00 per month from 30th Nov 06 to 30th Jan 07

letter says to be reviewed at the end of this period.

On 24th January letter from Shoosmiths asking for payment of £14881.29. (can they do this as previous letter said to be revieved after 30th January)

On 2nd Feb received Court forms for Northampton Court. (Shoosmiths)

On 4th February I sent CCA 1974 - section 77-79 request with £1 00 to Global and A & L seperatly.

On 11th Feb sent letter to Shoosmith informing them account was in dispute

No acknowledgement from Global (12 days up)

On 21st February recived letter from A & L saying aggrement to follow. (12 days up)

Today 24th Feb received Judgement for Claimant ordering to pay the total amount.

What do I do now don't know which way to turn for the best as so conffused by it all.

Thanks, all help very much appreciated

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("590888") report.gif progress.gif

Hi there

When you received the court papers did you not acknowledge them? That would have given you an extra 14 days in which time you could have sent off the CCA to get the agreement.

As this account is in dispute no legal action should have been taken. I would advise you to phone the court and advise them of this. The judgment has probably been issued by default because you havent answered any of the correspondence or papers. If you were still under contract to pay £25 per month and were keeping to that contract I cant see how they can take this matter further.

The best thing you can do is to contact the court and try to get an extenson until this is all sorted out.

They now have a judgment but if you cant afford to pay the whole amount the court will set what you can afford to pay so dont worry. I think this is all very fishy though and would fight it strenuously. Even if it means that you go to court to speak to a judge. They will not look kindly on a company that already has a payment plan set up which is working; then without notice the DCA has broken the agreement and taken it to court. All very underhand but I have to say you should have acknowledged the papers as soon as you got them. Its quite late in the day now. Did you just think it would go away? That really isnt the best policy because you know how underhand these companies can be. Always try to be one step ahead. It would have been better to have fought it before this happened; its much harder and complicated once a CCJ is in place but having said that it is not impossible and I do think you have a good case.

Hi Thanks so much for the positive reply you really have read my story well. I know I should'nt make excusses but I thought by writing to Shoosmiths and telling them the account was in dispute that they would deal with the Court. I work away from home during the week come back late on Friday and back late Sunday evening,thing just got on top of me. I honestly thought that as I had asked for the CCA and informed everyone, that the account was in dispute, that I was doing the correct thing.

Many thanks for help will get on to the Court on Monday

Thanks again

Lynn