3 Mobile - Possible compensation / court action?

jimbob2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Back in 2005 I had an ongoing complaint with 3 mobile whereby they had took it upon themselves to change my PAYG phone to a contract without my knowledge - I no longer even had the phone! To cut a long story short, I contacted there executive office and this was resolved, received a letter from them saying they had made a mistake, outstanding balance would be cleared, and no adverse information would appear on my credit file.

Have just checked online with experian and was suprised to see that they have registered a default around time of my complaint for the amount that was in dispute.

Now I think it is going to be simple to get this removed as I have a signed document from them stating nothing would appear on my credit file. But should I push them for compensation also? e.g. for me only being able to get higher APR's since as result, for them recording incorrect information etc?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Nice idea, but being a realist, you'll have to fight for it - and if they don't agree, it might be unlikely that a court would agree that compensation would be payable if you tried to force the issue. What we REALLY need is a statuatory right to compensation if CRA information is erroneous - FROM the CRA!

I'm not too fussed about compensation to be honest, just would be a nice added bonus!

Anyway, fired off an email to Bob Fuller and the executive office there to get this sorted so will have to wait and see.

Phoned customer support yesterday, and the guy on the other end didnt even know what a 'default' was! Needless to say, didnt waste much more time on that call!

Bob Fuller, as said, the big cheese of 3. Sure enough, after sending it to him, I get a call about an hour later, wasnt able to take it, but looks like it will be sorted out very quick.

So if you have a beef with 3, email bob fuller!