weststreet

Mbna Question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4958 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We sent off a DPA request & £ 10 for an Mbna credit card and Mbna loan.

We have had a response on the credit card but nothing on the loan and they've returned the £10 uncashed. The credit card info is a list of charges for the 6 years but nothing on the interest. This credit card had a balance of about 3.2k on it when O/H got into debt trouble and Mbna agreed a short settlement of 1.2k. The reason we asked about this card was O/H thought the 3.2k balance was mostly made up of charges and interest. The charges listed are 1k. What I suppose I need are statements so I can identify the 'real' balance and then track the charges and interest to see how much of the interest relates to charges. Obviously if his 'real' debt was 1.2k or greater we won't go any further with this ( the short settlement ). A couple of questions :

Does anyone have a letter template spelling out we want the complete history?

Does the original date of the DPA letter stand ? even though this was geared towards charges ( letter from library ) which they've supplied, plus returning the £10 cheque bit, does this muck it up ?

Also they've ignored the loan info. We really need the copy agreement and a full history like the credit card above. I'm again concerned the DPA letter didn't cover what we wanted. Do we start again spelling it out ?

Also do we have to send the I.D. they've requested ( if we need further info ) inasmuch as they gave us the charges without it.

Just feeling confused about what we do and don't need to do next, what they can demand, and feeling a bit messed about at the moment.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Guest Lueeze

You need to fill in the ID stuff, its a part of the DPA legislation.

Jusst send a reminder letter with the form, saying you request all the statements inlcuding details of charges/interest and whatever else you need.

You also said you had not heard about the loan..and they sent the £10 back, well what did it say when they sent it back to you?

Dont worry too much, you will be fine..

Lou x

So does the 40 days start ticking from the date they received the original DPA request, or from the date they get their filled in form plus ID ?

The original DPA request asked for info on a credit card & loan, both account numbers supplied. Plus the £10 fee....... The response only deals with the credit card charges and says ' on this occasion they've waived the fee'. So absolutely nothing so far about the loan. Maybe it's a different department ? More likely they've just 'lost' the loan bit of the request.

Guest Lueeze

its starts from when they get the ID im afraid, very sorry, It has been discuss previously, especially about Egg credit cards. I would remind them about the loan when you send back the ID info.

Lou x

Ok Lueeze

Thanks for that :smile:

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4958 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you