Difficulty opening a parachute account

connect
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Today I went to the Royal Bank of Scotland and attempted to open a parachute account for when I start to claim my charges back from LSTB. I was told that because I have had bank charged against me in the past I could only open a basic account with no cheque book, cash card or debit card. She also told me that this would be the case at other banks, however I'm not sure if this is correct.

Has anybody had experience of this and should I continue to look for an account elsewhere?

Thanks.

thanks for your reply cindytc. It seems like we'll have to get used to using cash again or go for the basic account. The lady I spoke to earlier said it would take over a year to build up to a 'normal' account. Is your new account working for you?

There's the Co-op Cashminder too, which is a good 'basic' account. Anyone can open one so long as you haven't got a fraud conviction and you get a debit card.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.