RSS1979 v RBS (1st Claim) **Settled**

rss1979

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My claim amount was £339.00 for charges applied between 25/07/02 – 08/06/06.

June 22 2006 - 1st Letter sent by Recorded Delivery. Claim value £339.00

July 3 2006 - LBA sent by Recorded Delivery.

July 4 2006 - Response from RBS

Dear RSS1979

You complaint regarding charges has been passed to me and I am sorry we have failed to reach an agreement with you. Please accept my apologies for any unintended inconvenience or upset.

I regret that there is little I can add constructively to previous comments but having reviewed your account, I can find no instance where charges have been applied when they were not properly due. They have all been associated with a lack of covering funds in the account at the time items were presented for payment. Accordingly, the charges that have been applied to your account should stand.

That said, in the hope of forging a compromise and settlement with you, Zoe Hardcastle from our Wakefield branch proposed an offer of £44 as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of error or liability. This would be paid on the basis of a full and final settlement.

I know you have declined this offer but it is not to be increased. If, on reflection, you decide to accept please contact Zoe direct who will be able to arrange payment.

I suspect that this is unlikely to be the answer you might have hoped to receive but nonetheless thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.

Yours Sincerely

PP

Tommy McLean

Manager, Customer Relations Unit

29 August 2006 - N1 Claim form completed. New claim value including CC interest at 8% and CC fee £434.90

31 August 2006 – RBS Served claim

31 August 2006 - Acknowledgment of Service received by CC. RBS state intention to defend.

6 September 2006 - RBS Group Litigation Offer

Dear RSS1979

The above Claim has been passed to the Group Litigation section of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Would you please address all future correspondence in this matter to this address.

We believe that your Particulars of Claim disclose no reasonable grounds or cause of action against the Bank. However, we believe that, given the amount of your alleged claim, it is not commercially viable or cost effective for the Bank to defend this claim.

Therefore, I am writing to advise you that the Bank is prepared to pay you the full value of your claim being £434.90 in full and final settlement of these proceedings. A cheque is enclosed with this letter. Please note that payment will be made with no admission of liability and subject to your agreement not to court publicity, or disclose or refer to any third party, the background to this matter, and also to keep the terms of this settlement strictly private and confidential.

Please could you also confirm that you will now be writing to the Court confirming that you will be discontinuing proceedings.

Yours Sincerely

Kay Majid

Solicitor

Now settled and to my complete satisfaction.

"If you owe the bank 100 pounds, you're the one with the problem. But if you owe a million pounds, the bank's the one with the problem."

Lord John Maynard First Baron Keynes of Tilton.

"If you owe the bank $100, that's your problem; if you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem".

John Paul Getty