Settled Hsbc Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My approach to HSBC was far gentler than some I have seen reported and I wondered if I was being too soft. I was claiming for about £900 worth of charges, and added statutory interest to my claim. It took them about ten days to reply with a standard letter advising that they would look into it, and I hadn't heard any more by the 14 days I had given them.

I decided not to hassle them and wait to see what would happen, and a few days ago I received a refund offer (excluding the statutory interest).

A word of warning though - their letter required me to accept within ten working days of their letter but I noted that their letter was dated NINE days before it was posted, so unless I'd turned it round immediately I might have missed out on my refund

. Whether this was an intentional gambit on their part or just inefficiency I don't know, but worth watching out for.

Anyway the message seems to be that you don't HAVE to go in all guns blazing (especially if you want to mantain a relationship with the bank)

i suspect that what looks like all guns blazing is a sort of zeal that comes with "taking on the big boys". it's a bit daunting for most of the claimers and the bolshy attitude is for effect with the banks. yes, there is something to be said for the softly, softly approach, especially on claims of less than 1000. please get your thread moved by a mod. to the success section as it will come as a godsend to some who aren't keen to fight the big fight! well done, you.

congratulations!

spend wisely!

go on con.action group at top here - before you go onto hsbc forum scroll down to the very bottom and it tells you who is on-line now. pick a name in green like: MARTIN3030 - green are mods. click on his name and then find send: martin3030 a pm. then click on that. copy your link and paste it for him and ask himto move it to the hsbc success thread.