The difference between branches...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Both my mum and I bank with Halifax, but as we live in different towns we have different branches (obviously lol). Anyway, I paid her a visit during the week to help her out with getting her bank charges back whilst at the same time doing mine.

I printed out two DPA disclosure requests, one for each of us. We went to the post office, got 2 £10 postal orders and posted the letters off to the respective branches.

Today, we both got a letter from our branch.

Mums read: Thanks for the request and the £10, we have forwarded your details to head office who will process your request within the 40 days.

Fine, brilliant, job done.

But..... my branch went one better than that and my letter said:

Thank you for your request, we have ordered you 6 years of statements and are returning your postal order (enclosed). Any further help, please contact us etc.

On the flip side, my partner's mum (also a halifax customer) has been threatened with account closure and overdraft withdrawal if she wants to pursue a claim (she's only asked for statements so far). She is now waiting for statements to see if the charges = > overdraft.

With other friends all having different experiences, with Halifax and other banks, it seems to me that how easy this process is is down to how sympathetic the staff member is at point of first contact.