Big help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im posting here for my girlfriend as ive already done my claim. She had a £250 overdraft on her visa debit account now due to charges she ended up going over this amount. Halifax were semi helpful in extending her overdraft on a temporary basis to £500 to clear the outstanding charges. She agreed to pay £50 a month off the outstanding balance when she got paid. so 5 months and it would be clear. I saw how many charges she had and decided it was a good idea to ask for them back. So we went the usual route and she recieved an offer of around £550 it was only around £50 off the full claim so she decided to take it. This is where the fun begins, money appeared in her account yesterday. She decided to pay some bills off and phone retail collections and sort her account out. The guy on the phone said the money had settled the temp overdraft and she would be able to use her card as normal. She went into the bank this morning and strangely shes £50 into an unauthorised overdraft :-x Shes just phoned collections as thats who shes back with again now. First woman seemed to hang up (wasnt even as if the gf was being rude to her) she was certainly rude to my gf. The second person she got through to told her her £250 overdraft has been removed as well. Can they do this with no notification? Shes now stuck with absolutly no money until she gets paid again. I really am fuming right now, Halifax bank need to be taught a lesson or 6 about how to treat there customers.

Any help would be much appreciated as the gf is in tears at the moment

Hi

Why not try ringing the bank again, and you might get somebody who is more reasonable.

If you cannot get any sense from them, then look on the bright side that the overdraft has been cleared.

Have you considered a parachute account, as your gf might feel better banking with someone else.

Kindest regards

Armed Gorilla, the t's&c's of your gf's account will state that the overdraft can be removed at anytime, and without notice.

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

Can anyone recommend the best of a really bad bunch then if i get her to open another account? Halifax are ****h**es, they should try treating their current customers properly before spending a load of money on the crappy adverts that seem to keep popping up. Seems which ever bank shes going to use is going to be a pain in the backside for charges. Just halifax always seem to be rude on the phone to me for my account or the gf for her account.

They're all the same armed gorilla!

this link may be worth a look, depending on circumstances.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/58685-do-you-need-parachute.html

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

Ive just opened a parachut acc with alliance/ leicester on line, it was really easy and cheque book debit card, pin nos all arrived within a week.

so im prepared for any halifax S***.

Also im going to close halifax acc be fore they refund (i hope) so they have to pay it elsewhere (not sure if this will work though,it should in theory)

Also my GF opened a basic acc with natwest with no hassle and got a debit card too!

Personaly ive declared war on all financial institutions