Thames Water

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We have a problem..

We moved into our rented property on the 6th February 2006 and since then we have never recieved a water bill.

We have tried calling on several occasions and asking for a bill and asking to have a Direct Debit set up but there alwasy seems to be a problem with our account. Every single time someone has said they will sort it and call us back to set up a DD but they never do.

I know it seems odd to want to pay a bill but i am sure if we don't do it soon we are going to get landed with a massive bill that we won't be able to afford to pay.

I have been told that if they don't bill you after 1 year they can't claim it back from you - is this true?

Is there any way i can get some help and start to pay this?

Thanks

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I had similar problems with Southern Water. I am now paying my bill with a budget plan where I call the shots. However, I didn't know about this site:

Publications - About Ofwat - Customers and Complaints

I'm not sure about avoiding payment of the bill but it's worth a look. Make sure any future correspondence about setting up a Direct Debit is written. Then you'll have them by the gonads so to speak :p. I made the mistake of phoning them so I have no proof of correspondence.

Good luck.

Kelly

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

I had the same problem with Thames Water.

I kept calling them and in the end I received a bill for a 1 and a half year's worth of charges for water.

they also threatened to cut my supply.

I asked for a metre and they failed to turn up twice.

I am now paying £100.00 per moth till April.