Claiming on a closed account?

Cybergangster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm ready to begin a claim with Natwest for my account which I closed in 2002. Does anyone have any experience with claiming on a closed account? Do I have to do anything different from claiming for an open account?

Thanks in advanced...

Cybergangster vs. Co-op - Success 02/01/2007 :)

Cybergangster vs. NatWest - S.A.R request :!:

Cybergangster vs. First Direct - Pending ;)

Hi Cybergangster, I'm in the same position as you, basically - closed my account with natwest in 2005, and have issued a claim against them. Today I received a letter from Stuart Higley (must be a busy man at the moment) offering my charges back, but conveniently ignoring my interest which is another £490-odd. Am about to reply to his letter but noticed that he'd put at the bottom that the money would be credited to my account, so will be pointing out that there's no account to credit, so will be expecting a cheque instead. Good luck with your claim.

You will be fine - my claim was for 2 NatWest accounts, one closed 2003 and the other still open but not used. I stated that I wanted to be paid by cheque and when I won (yippee!!) they sent a cheque payable to myself with the words 'into a/c xxxxxxxx' which the Halifax tactfully ignored when I paid the cheque in!

Good luck!

;) Mupster

• 2 weeks later...

I got an acknowledgment of my SAR request today so it's going ahead as planned. I should have my statements by 18 April if they keep their end of the bargain :rolleyes:

Quite looking forward to this actually as I only had the account for a year... I left because I felt I was being taken for a ride with their charges!

• 2 months later...

I admit, I've dragged my feet a bit with this claim... but as of today it has been 2 months since my original request for refund letter and 4 weeks since I sent them a reminder. I spoke to customer services today who have no record of my claim although I have confirmation of delivery from Royal Mail for both letters. I have been asked to wait 7 to 10 working days while they try to locate my letters but I'm wondering if I should allow them that grace? I have only claimed for charges dating back 6 years. I understabd if I take legal action then I can claim interest as well which will add another 30% to my total but is it worth the extra hassle? Or should I just sit tight?

Hi Cybergangster,

You seem to be in the same position as me. Nat west have no record of my prelim or LBA (both signed for - recorded delivery!!!) so I completed my N1 and filed it at my local county court last week. I have to say, it was the best feeling I've had in a long time!!

Personally, if I was you I'd file at court (either via MCOl or at your county court in person). Have a look here to help you decide which route to take Moneyclaim and hardcopy claim compared Once you've decided which one's best for you, these links will also help 5. Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim, Moneyclaim - start your County Court claim online and N1 Claims form in .PDF format with form filling 4. Particulars of claim - N1 - hard copy version (these last two are for if you decide to complete the N1 and file in person at your local county court).

However, the interest that you can add on at this stage is the s.69 interest that the courts can award - 8% (your spreadsheet should have already worked this out for you anyway- just unhide the column to show the 8% interest now).

It's definitely worth the hassle - and let's face it, you could be left dangling for weeks by nat west!

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.