What Now

mrbd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone ive just joined up im doing this for my parents, as i thought they deserved some good luck. I have sent the first letter and was just wondering how long it normally takes to get a response, my dad is panicing a bit as i did read that some people have said that Alliance & Leicester will closed bank accounts down, could any one shead any light on this for me.

Cheers

Ill let you know how i get on.

my dad is panicing a bit as i did read that some people have said that Alliance & Leicester will closed bank accounts down,

True, but they've been fined by the FOS for doing so. See here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/63646-alliance-leicester-fined-fos.html

If you're concerned, open a parachute a/c at another bank first. See here:

Do you need a parachute account?

Hi everyone ive just joined up im doing this for my parents, as i thought they deserved some good luck. I have sent the first letter and was just wondering how long it normally takes to get a response, my dad is panicing a bit as i did read that some people have said that Alliance & Leicester will closed bank accounts down, could any one shead any light on this for me.

Cheers

Ill let you know how i get on.

Just out of interest, mrbd, what do you mean by first letter? SAR, or preliminary request for the money back?

I would strongly advise you to get your parents to open a parachute account ASAP as A&L have been known to retaliate with account closure at the first hint of a claim. Don't wish to scare-monger but you should be made aware of the possibility. :cool:

Hi

I have sent the letter asking for statment ect, i'm hoping they wont close the account down yet but my parents have just opened a new account else where, so that is covered, my mum is a bit nervous about doing this but after reading all the info and feed back on this site i have told her it should be o.k, I havn't heard any thing from the bank yet!!!!

Ill let you know

You'll just have to try and set your mum's mind at rest, mrbd, they've done the most important bit by opening a stand-by account.

Keep going though, I'm sure it'll be a straightforward claim procedure for you as you're not going for anything crazy like contractual interest!

You probably won't see the statements until the 40 calendar days are up. Face it, they've been inundated with requests for them over recent months! Ha ha.

Keep posting. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yeh we still haven't received the statments yet but we received the standard statments and guess what with charges on again, when will these banks learn, anyway i will keep you up to date on my progress.

Thanks for all your comments