Old Loan Resurficed after 5 years!

janinem1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI.

I have had a letter this week from Rockwell Debt Collectors acting for Natwest. they are chasing an old loan debt. this is the first time i have heard anything regarding this loan for 5 years and they expect me to pay £6000 in 5 days from date of the letter (actually only giving me the current day to pay due to arrival date of letter).

I took out PPI when i first had the loan and i became ill. i submitted a claim form and i was hand delivering Dr papers to the bank in person. These went missing! they stated i was not giving them in, stupidly i didnt take copied OR obtain receipts. i wrote a few times stating this but to no avail,i gave up 5 years ago as i was not getting anywhere. this loan should have been repaid 2 or 3 years ago.

suddenly i receive this letter out of the blue! i have drafted a letter with help from the templates here. am i correct in quoting:

I am requesting the original credit agreement as stated in the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I enclose a postal order to the sum of £1. to cover this cost. I am giving the allowed statutory period to supply this agreement to me within 12 days, which is 07/03/07.

77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

or should i be sending them a different request of information.

any advice much appreciated as this is a minefield of information to try to sort through.

how far is this away from being 6 years since last payment?

i only say this in so far as being careful in ack'ing you have it.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i know i have not made a payment for 5 years. the loan was taken out either 1 or 2 years before this. i am unsure as to the exact year as it was so long ago.

i will get this letter off in the post, i didnt admit knowledge or acceptance of this loan in my letter, juat asked for proof of agreement etc.

• 3 weeks later...
HI.

I have had a letter this week from Rockwell Debt Collectors acting for Natwest. they are chasing an old loan debt. this is the first time i have heard anything regarding this loan for 5 years and they expect me to pay £6000 in 5 days from date of the letter (actually only giving me the current day to pay due to arrival date of letter).

I took out PPI when i first had the loan and i became ill. i submitted a claim form and i was hand delivering Dr papers to the bank in person. These went missing! they stated i was not giving them in, stupidly i didnt take copied OR obtain receipts. i wrote a few times stating this but to no avail,i gave up 5 years ago as i was not getting anywhere. this loan should have been repaid 2 or 3 years ago.

suddenly i receive this letter out of the blue! i have drafted a letter with help from the templates here. am i correct in quoting:

I am requesting the original credit agreement as stated in the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I enclose a postal order to the sum of £1. to cover this cost. I am giving the allowed statutory period to supply this agreement to me within 12 days, which is 07/03/07.

77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

or should i be sending them a different request of information.

any advice much appreciated as this is a minefield of information to try to sort through.

UPDATE AS OF 13 MARCH

i have had a letter from ROCKWELL stating:

we write in response to your letter dated 26 Feb.

we can confirm that we have referred this matter to NATWEST and look forward to their speedy reply. we will certainly forward you a copy of your credit agreement once this has been received.

we would also draw your attention to the enclosed copy of the recorded delivery envelope.it clearly shows this letter being processed on 5 March, and can confirm it was received by us on 7 Mar,. we therefore have 12 days from 7 Mar. we will ensure we have replied by 19 Mar.

Looks like they are starting to get a bit switched on here!!! and yes, they provided a photocopy of: postal order and the front of the envelope!!!

UPDATE 15 MARCH

I have now had a letter from NATWEST stating that they have received my request from ROCKWELL for my credit agreement.

they require ME to provide NATWEST with my original account number with NATWEST!

1.surely ROCKWELL should have this as they were chasing my debt.

2.surely it is ROCKWELL / NATWEST responsibility to provide this?

any advice.......THANKS

Guest NATTIE

i think to be honest you are right, should i post on your thread for natwest to see how to find the account number? It is your call on this one

i think to be honest you are right, should i post on your thread for natwest to see how to find the account number? It is your call on this one

Hi, im going to run the other thread as it is more to the point now.

as it's been 'handed back' to natwest.

PLEASE advise me on there what to do about / if i should help NATWEST?

thanks

I'm really not an expert but if it were me, I'd have a stab at quite a sarcastic letter, albeit providing the details but amazed that they had to request same for a debt they're pursuing!

I hope you get it sorted!

Natwest Bank Plc owe me £1,227.48

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent

16/03/07 - Claim authorised, in full, via telephone...

28/03/07 - Full offer received in writing - YAY

29/03/07 - Offer accepted!

Bank of Scotland Mastercard owe me £497.00

11/03/07 - Complaint telephone call logged

29/03/07 - 50% offer received...