Bank Charges refund

Steve4Ann29

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I sent a letter to my bank (Abbey) requesting information of charges for the last 6 years. They replied to me rather cordially stating that they could not supply a list of charges to my account for the last 6 years as they do not store this information seperate from other account information. They then sent me statements for the last 14 months. They stated that any information for 2001-2005 is stored on microfiche and not available on thier computers. However they said there is a £10 charge for the provision of this information which they would then process the information upon receipt of the £10. They did, however, refund the £10 I sent for the Data Protection information. So at least I have a start. icon10.gificon7.gificon14.gif

Steve

So they refunded you £10 and are now going to charge you...£10.

???

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

• 1 year later...

I think it comes down to how much time and effort/energy you want to put into it.

If it's no trouble for you and you have the time and inclination to keep going then go for it!

However if you're busy and need the cash then take the money and run!

The same question has a different answer for everyone depending on your own particular circumstance.

i see what you mean. you paid them 10 quid for the SAR request, they supplied you with the info and then refunded the 10 quid. they did the same thing to me. i think its because it took them so long.....

and just a bit of info. they gave me the same story about not keeping a list of charges seperate. they sent me a copy of the last 12 months statements (back in 2006 when i originally started my claim) but kept dragging their heels with the previous 5 years. so i asked them again for a list and they quite happily sent me just a list (a very long list lol) of all charges applied to my account for the whole 6 years. so they can do it and will do it if you push them for the info.