Have statements, but no notes (yet)

meagain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Paid my branch a visit on Friday, and presented a SAR in person. A junior manager kept me waiting for some 20 minutes before I was referred to someone more senior. She advised me that for credit card details and notes on both accounts she would have to refer this onward, but she was able to give me a complete set of statements for the current account at no charge on the spot (this was entirely civil, and she was very co-operative - OTOH, my experience with LTSB was different, with the manager instantly taking a contemptful attitude, referring to my request as a "complaint" before I had framed it as such).

Is it safe to start evaluating the charges on the current account based on these statements alone while I wait for the notes and the credit card info?

In addition, when working out interest charges on charges (with the handy BAG spreadsheet), since my overdraft is interest-free up to the agreed limit, should I add the agreed limit to the balance (e.g. for a balance of -£1000 on a £1500 agreed limit, stating £500), or should I consider the balance to be zero if it is between zero and the limit, as no credit interest would be paid?

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

I would certainly start adding up the charges you are requesting be refunded. HSBC, whilst cutting it tight, managed to get all my statements to me. However, they did not supply any notes at all (and I am sure there must have been some) and I shall be writing to the IC to make a complaint on this issue.

My guess is that you won't receive any notes either, so I would suggest you proceed with your timetable.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks