• Tweets

• I posted a reply earlier which I have now deleted because I realise that I hadn't read your story correctly. You have laid out £1000 on repairs to a vehicle which according to you is probably in need of further repairs. Although you have been rebuffed by the dealer at your first asking, your position would be much better had you provided the quotes for the repair work to the dealer in advance so that he had forward knowledge and was able to present his own opinions before you went ahead and spent the money. This kind of transparency is essential when you are in conflict with somebody who may later on dispute the value of the work which was carried out. Fortunately you have had more than one opinion from independent garages and this will be very helpful to you. So in order to recover your money, you have prepared a letter but which is rather open-ended because it simply says that you would like to have a reply within 14 days or else you may go and see a solicitor. Given that you have been rebuffed quite peremptorily by the seller of the vehicle, I don't think that this is going to make very much impression. You need to take control of this and assert yourself. I notice that you say that you are too exhausted to look around for a replacement vehicle. Do you have the stamina to conduct a small claim against this dealer? It's very easy but it will require some tenacity and there won't be a quick solution. I can expect to go on for six months or so before you get a result unless the dealer decides to put their hands up. I would avoid going to a solicitor if I were you because first of all you incur expenses which you will not get back from the dealer. Also the solicitor will start off by sending letters which will simply delay things further and of course will incur further costs for you. You haven't told us the name of the dealer – even though you have been asked by another member of the site team. He also haven't told us anything about the car – the make, model, year, mileage and price. I think we will have to modify your letter based on whether you think that you would be prepared to take your own small claim action. If you do take a small claim action then your financial outlay will be fairly minimal and everything you do outlay will be recoverable – assuming that you win. On the basis of what you say, I would guess that your chances of success are much better than 90%. However, there is the issue that the dealer may try to challenge the value of the work you have had carried out because you didn't give him any advance notice. We will have to deal with this.  
    • So Guys, After sending the last letter as everyone else  here I got a reply from Moriartylaw with a statement that ADCB instructed them to act on their behalf and a copy of all my credit card bank statements. Not sure what to do now. They want me to respond and supply them with a list of asset and liabilities.    please the attachment of the letter. moriartylaw.jpeg.pdf
    • Okay, let me start again. In terms of planning, is it not enough to say they don't have it since it's not shown on the council site? If not, if I ring Stockport planning would they put in writing that there's no planning?   I could contact the land registry to find out who the land owner is. If I contact them directly maybe they'll tell me if they have a contract in place. If they ignore my request too then should I be doing other things to find this out?
    • I'm trying to work through this step-by-step as I read the story again. There was a dispute over a will in respect of your grandfather's house but the dispute was eventually abandoned and it seems that the house was apportioned to your mother and her brother who presumably were the only two children. The will was unsigned and so we could say that the house passed to the two of them under the rules of intestacy. You then decided to buy the house for £50,000 and presumably the money you paid was divided between your mother and your uncle – who were the owners of the house. This was in 1999. We talking about 20 years ago here and so in respect of most legal questions I would have thought that some limitation period applied. (However the issue of the trust has been raised – and this wouldn't be affected by limitation) However, presumably the house was bought at a proper value given the market at the time and any work that it needed doing. Presumably the house was properly conveyed. Although a lot of things have passed – including home improvements, tenancies et cetera, from the story you have told us, neither your parents nor your uncle have been involved in this at all. Now you have received a letter from your parents saying that the house is really theirs and that you have simply been holding it on trust for them and they now want it back. Is this a reasonable summary of what has happened?   Although you have written a fair bit about bills, tenancies, and that you have lived in your parents home for some of this 30 years, I'm not sure what relevance that has to the problem. I have to say that your explanation is very unclear. A bit rambling in fact. If you think that part of the story is relevant then maybe you'd like to express it all a little more clearly and say in what way you think it is relevant to the problem. You are much more familiar with the story then I am but I don't see that those factors are terribly important on the brief understanding that I have. if if any money is owed to your parents because of you having lived with them et cetera then it seems to me that that is a separate matter and has nothing to do with your ownership of the property. You say that you have received a letter from solicitors claiming first of all that there is a constructive trust or that you might be subject to a proprietary estoppel. In terms of the estoppel, that doctrine is only available in very particular circumstances and could not be used to attack you in any event. Estoppel, whether it is proprietary or promissory can only be used as a defence. So the question of estoppel in this situation is completely irrelevant, in my view, although I don't see any basis for one in any event. So what remains is the possibility of a constructive trust. It seems to me to be highly unlikely that there is such a trust and I think that the first question needs to be asked is on what basis they consider that there is a constructive trust. Secondly, of course, even if there was a constructive trust, on the basis of what you have told us, it wouldn't only be your mother who was the beneficiary, it would also be your uncle. Furthermore, if you were a constructive trustee then at the very least you would be entitled to recover all of the expenses that you had laid out over 30 years – including the cost of the property plus interest – less any financial benefit that you had accrued from renting it out and so forth. I'm not sure how good this analysis is. This is well out of my experience – but I would suggest that you consider it and see whether any of it rings true. I would also start making a very detailed account of all the money which you have spent over the years on the property and also a detailed account of all the benefits you have accrued from it. I wouldn't supply this to their solicitor but if you end up having to instruct your own lawyer then I'm sure that you may be asked for this if there is any suspicion that a constructive trust may exist. Frankly it sounds like a load of rubbish to me but we will be very interested if you will keep us up to date. So there you have it. No particular answers. Just a few unsupported and unqualified opinions    
    • Hello and welcome to CAG.   I agree with dx, hiring a lawyer is unlikely to help as most of them don't understand fare matters, so you end up paying for their learning curve.   Your idea about involving your GP is a good one, it sounds as if you need their input with how you're feeling. And if they would write a supporting letter that could help too. Hopefully your medical information will be through in time.   HB
  • Our picks

photoman

Claiming on a Business account? Lets join forces?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2380 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone just posted my court claim today for repayment of £1470 plus £400 interest which the BOS debited to my business account. They have refused point blank to repay me and claimed that I was making personal claim from a business account and business accounts were not included in the recent changes in consumer regulations. I was carefull not to call myself a consumer and am trading as a soletrader and dont hold a personal account with them. Then they resorted to dirty tricks, reducing my overdraft from £2000 to £600 without informing me and returning my DD, they then insulted me ( by stating in their letter to me after i called and complained about my overdraft )that the bank was concerned because I had a £2000 overdraft with them, I wrote back and stated that I was most insulted by their comments as I have an impeccable credit history and they were implying that I was going to run off with their 2 grand. Paid off my overdraft so owe them nothing. They are now ignoring any letters ive sent so my claim has been posted today, ive claimed jurisdiction for the claim to be heard in my local co court, dont want to travel to Scotland, will post when I have any news...GC

H Groovy,

It would be a good idea for you to open a thread with your claim details. Then you can tell all of us, step by step of your case. It will be far more informative.:roll:

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

hi happy

thanks for the advice, i have also been posting on other forums relating to business accounts and have just found this 1 tonight . I have another business account ive just done my spread sheet for over 10 years ago with the uncooperative but havent sent it in yet. wrote to them 1 last time today giving them 7 days to reply (they are ignoring my letters now). found photomans posts very informative as it relates to the limitation act. And to be honest I dont realy know how to start my own thread although I have in the past I think it was by pure mistake, I think I just join every one elses so thought i would join forces with this one.. hope I have'nt highjacked someone elses thread...GC

hi happy

thanks for the advice, i have also been posting on other forums relating to business accounts and have just found this 1 tonight . I have another business account ive just done my spread sheet for over 10 years ago with the uncooperative but havent sent it in yet. wrote to them 1 last time today giving them 7 days to reply (they are ignoring my letters now). found photomans posts very informative as it relates to the limitation act. And to be honest I dont realy know how to start my own thread although I have in the past I think it was by pure mistake, I think I just join every one elses so thought i would join forces with this one.. hope I have'nt highjacked someone elses thread...GC

Your welcome here to get advice !!

You will however get more specific advice to your own case, and be able to keep a track of how it's going by viewing just one thread instead of skirting around lots of pthreads trying to find your posts and answers.

1/ Go here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-action-group-against/

2/ Find your Bank, click on the bold blue name of Bank

3/ Go to the bit that says "Forum tools" and click on it.

4/ Click Subscribe to Forum. It will ask you how often you want to recieve updates ( daily I found is best)

5/ Then it will redirect you once you've subscribed.

6/ then click on "Forum tools" again, and choose "Post new thread"

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "groovycaz vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

8/ Then go to the bit at the top of your browser ( the bit that says http etc), and right click your mouse, choose copy, then come back here and post a new reply, and right click you mouse and choose paste to put a link to your thread in there.

9 Then hopefully people will visit and psot/subscribe etc.

Let me know if this works ??

---------------------------

ARE YOU A BUSINESS CLAIMANT?

CAG NOW HAVE A BUSINESS CLAIMS FORUM !

GO HERE !

CAN'T FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR?

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

Visit this thread to help others.

-----------------------------

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

i have sent prelim and LBA to a few banks i had business accounts with over the years (sole trader) and so far they have completely ignored my letters.

is this because they treat sole trader business accounts different to consumer accounts and know that i will have to work harder to get a refund?

the accounts were my name T/A business name.

i have sent prelim and LBA to a few banks i had business accounts with over the years (sole trader) and so far they have completely ignored my letters.

is this because they treat sole trader business accounts different to consumer accounts and know that i will have to work harder to get a refund?

the accounts were my name T/A business name.

There are no differences in the course of action you should take regards these accounts. They probably just think that people with Business accounts are more scared of retaliatory action from Banks, as they rely on the Banks goodwill/overdrafts more than consumers, and so just let their actions fizzle out.

If they do take any actions by the way, there are plenty of links on site to templates to advise you of your rights, and kick them back into order.

Regards yourself....They have had fair warning. Just file your court claims.......and see if they continue to ignore you then !!!

Only difference really is with some of the particulars that you do and don't put on you particulars of claim. There are plenty of links and threads to help you with these on this site (some are on earlier posts on this thread).

keep us posted !!

• Haha 1

GO HERE !

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Tifo, as Photoman has just said there aren't really many differences. Have sent Prelim and LBA for both my sole trader and personal account with no response from Lloyds except we will let you know at our convenience etc.

Have today sent off N1 for sole trader account (look at the "Business Claims - Basic Guide) for filling out the POC - you cannot include references to CCR etc, but everything you need is there! Shout if you need help. Debs:p

thanks.

the account closed in 2002 so there are no retaliatory actions they can take anyway. It had £144 outstanding which they wrote off (as they themselves closed the account) but i am asking for £924 back.

i have been trying to call them on the number i have on my letter from the Andover office and it is constantly engaged.

i think in this case it may be N1 as they have now had 6 weeks (2 prelim, 2 LBA and then 2 further 'goodwill').

tifo, one that I'm dealing with at Lloyds is exactly the same, they answered letters from Andover and another came from Birmingham, both telephone numbers are either engaged or they trip into an answer machine asking for your details. They say they'll call back if you leave your details. I've done that 3 times over 3 weeks and not one reply.

Cabot and the Cabot Fan Club Threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/73598-dealing-cabot-101-cabot.html

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/128587-info-cccs-payplan-experiences.html?highlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps :)

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! :D Thank you.

Your welcome here to get advice !!

You will however get more specific advice to your own case, and be able to keep a track of how it's going by viewing just one thread instead of skirting around lots of pthreads trying to find your posts and answers.

1/ Go here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-action-group-against/

4/ Click Subscribe to Forum. It will ask you how often you want to recieve updates ( daily I found is best)

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "groovycaz vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

8/ Then go to the bit at the top of your browser ( the bit that says http etc), and right click your mouse, choose copy, then come back here and post a new reply, and right click you mouse and choose paste to put a link to your thread in there.

9 Then hopefully people will visit and psot/subscribe etc.

Let me know if this works ??

Thanks photoman, managed some of your instructions to start my thread just cant seem to link it to this thread so im one before you groovycaz v BOS so will start posting the full details of my claim...GC

Groovycaz

Here you go.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/74459-groovycaz-bos-business-banking.html

Viewers here, maybe pay her a lttle visit ??

regards

Photoman

• Haha 1

GO HERE !

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

has anyone else incurred a £15 per month charge from BOS business accounts for not maintaining a min on £5000 in their account, Ive asked 3 times for them to close my account and although im told they have it on screen the dates I requested this it still open and yesterday they slapped me with another £15, waiting for one of their account managers to call me today to ask what the hell is going on

groovy

as a point to note, it is always best to follow up phonecalls with the written word to make sure they cant deny your request at some time in the future.

If you havent written to them do so straight away and confrim your instruction to them from the 1st time you requested this.

when it comes to disuputing the charges this is a critical action imho.

glenn

• Haha 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi all,I am about to send my prelim letter to the RBoS disputing charges on my Ltd company account.

It is quite complicated compared with others,and so ,if anybody here can give a few pointers?

p.s can a mod change title to Colin H vs RBoS limited company

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/74418-help-spreadsheet-contractual-rate.html

:D

Hi all,I am about to send my prelim letter to the RBoS disputing charges on my Ltd company account.

It is quite complicated compared with others,and so ,if anybody here can give a few pointers?

p.s can a mod change title to Colin H vs RBoS limited company

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/74418-help-spreadsheet-contractual-rate.html

Colin,

You might find this thread an interesting read:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/rbs-bos-successes/49470-contractual-interest-details-case.html?highlight=RBS+full+details

Great particulars, and give you some pointers about how to claim against a Scottish Bank if yourresident in UK.

Remember though, that this link is for a personal account, so if you use any of the Particulars you must take out any reference to Consumer Law.

Also, I presume the limited company account was your own, and your the only director, otherwise I think you have to inform the other directors about what your doing. Check with a Mod if unsure.

Other than that, no real difference in the process, get your prelim templates from here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/64975-business-claims-basic-guide.html

If you've not done your spreadsheet of cost yet, then this one by Mindzai is very user friendly, and gives step by step instructions.

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Then just do lots of reading around, and start getting familiar with process.

Good Luck !!

GO HERE !

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

Colin

Just took a quick peek at your thread, and it looks like your in pretty good hands,,and much of my last post is fairly redundant regards yourself......however will leave it up, as several other visitors here might find it useful ??

Also notice there is now a thread for Limited Company claims, so going to post the link here for anyone who need it,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/73488-limited-company-claims.html#post648274

Regards

GO HERE !

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

Thanks for the help Photoman,going to follow your thread as well if you dont mind:)

:D

groovy

as a point to note, it is always best to follow up phonecalls with the written word to make sure they cant deny your request at some time in the future.

If you havent written to them do so straight away and confrim your instruction to them from the 1st time you requested this.

when it comes to disuputing the charges this is a critical action imho.

glenn

Thanks Glenn, ive called them again today and they refunded me £30 and given me an address to write to close my account. Been to the cash point and they have refunded the charges, I only complained about one charge of £15 but they gave me another refund from feb so no hassle there. Im supprised because they ignored all my letters except one telling me they were not repaying me any charges and their decision was final

hi everyone

i got notification from the court that the judge has approved my ammended POC (COST £35) i had already sent cobbetts a copy so i faxed them a 2nd copy along with a copy of my charges (again).corbetts said thet hadnt recieved the other copies (normal stalling tactics i believe).i followed up the fax with atelephone call to confirm they had recieved all the pages and would they require any other info faxed to them.They replied that they had all the info that they require so i asked them whether i could also claim the £100 for the AQ the reply was YES they will pay u that as well,ithen asked at what stage they are at with there defence and i was told that it will now be up to the nat west to decide on what course of action to take.i'm assuming im close to being paid out am i correct? or have i got more suprises coming my way.....

any comments would be appreciated

regards scott

Hi all,

I've got my own Ltd company and I am thinking of claiming for charges from the banks does any know what letters to send and wahts the difference between ltd and personal claiming techniques. To me the Ltd is like an individual and as directors we have to act for the company's best interest, so claiming seems logical.

Has anyone so far taken on the "bankers"???!!!

Hi all,

I've got my own Ltd company and I am thinking of claiming for charges from the banks does any know what letters to send and wahts the difference between ltd and personal claiming techniques. To me the Ltd is like an individual and as directors we have to act for the company's best interest, so claiming seems logical.

Has anyone so far taken on the "bankers"???!!!

Take a look here for the specifics to deal with limited companies:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/73488-limited-company-claims.html#post648274

But do continue to subscribe and contribute to this thread also ?

Regards

GO HERE !

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

its not a limited company i am a bit stuck reading this over and over think im thick,

i am going to chase £2,009.40 for my partner from the royal bank of scotland it is a business account, im not sure do i add the interest the now or later when it goes to court and where do i find the address to send my letter for business accounts or is it my local bank thanx for any help.

its not a limited company i am a bit stuck reading this over and over think im thick,

i am going to chase £2,009.40 for my partner from the royal bank of scotland it is a business account, im not sure do i add the interest the now or later when it goes to court and where do i find the address to send my letter for business accounts or is it my local bank thanx for any help.

Nicky

Welcome !!

Looks like your brand new here, so don't just jump in and take action without doing some reading first.

Here's a good starting point.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....se-read-these/

You'll then find all the templates you need here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....lates-library/

You'll also find this very useful;

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index

You'll then need to start your own thread.

You will then get more specific advice to your own case, and be able to keep a track of how it's going by viewing just one thread instead of skirting around lots of threads trying to find your posts and answers.

1/ Go here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....group-against/

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "nickyl vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

Good luck !!!!

GO HERE !

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?

Have today received reply from BOS Corporate responding to my ltd company claim for £13700 plus int. Apparently they're going to review our charges and get back to me...

LBA due to be sent on Friday.

A quickie though: I sent the original to BOS Head Office The Mound, Edinburgh (too much of a wimp to send to our Bank Manager in Southampton) and Fountainbridge Edinburgh has replied. Shall I send LBA to The Mound or Fountainbridge (Corporate Customer Care) address?

When it gets to the point (which I'm sure it will) when I need to issue MCOL claim I will use the Halifax address - which worked superbly with the personal account claim.

But, don't want to have any setbacks, so thoughts on LBA address would be welcomed.

(Do I need my own thread for this claim? Worrying about losing the valuable advice i'm getting here!)

Lou

Have today received reply from BOS Corporate responding to my ltd company claim for £13700 plus int. Apparently they're going to review our charges and get back to me...

LBA due to be sent on Friday.

A quickie though: I sent the original to BOS Head Office The Mound, Edinburgh (too much of a wimp to send to our Bank Manager in Southampton) and Fountainbridge Edinburgh has replied. Shall I send LBA to The Mound or Fountainbridge (Corporate Customer Care) address?

When it gets to the point (which I'm sure it will) when I need to issue MCOL claim I will use the Halifax address - which worked superbly with the personal account claim.

But, don't want to have any setbacks, so thoughts on LBA address would be welcomed.

It is common practice on this site for the avoidance of all doubt to adress and send all correspondance to the registered Head office. You can get this from the BOS Forum, or similar threads. Any correspondance sent thus will be re-directed if necessary. In any case that is the address you put on your claim form.

(Do I need my own thread for this claim? Worrying about losing the valuable advice i'm getting here!)

Don't worry about losing the advice here. Now you have posted you are subscribed, and as such you will always get notified of any updates on your user CP (and or emails). You really should start your own thread (if not sure how to, I think I posted advice on that in an earlier post on this thread, otherwise I'll post it again here). The benefits of having your own thread are that you will be able to keep a better track of your own claim without it getteing all mixed up in this and other threads (and also this thread doesn't get all cluttered). Once you have a thread started then you can post a link to it on this thread, and ask people to visit it whenever you want specific help or advice on something.

Lou

Good luck with your claim !!

GO HERE !

Look here.

Got your old T&C's ?